My Solo Splendor repo cruise (with pics) 10/24/14

Jamman54

I was away for this review..needed to go on a mental cruise just now and Thank YOU for a wonderful fabulous review and photos...just perfect..lovely..and really felt the going with the flow pace and great time you had not sweating small stuff..you are a teacher of how to do it.

Thanks for everything and sharing and have great next cruises ...looks like you are planned...

sincerely, sarah

Edited by sjn911

AMAZING review! We booked a cruise on the Splendor for Jan 2016 :) and are looking forward to it! We were on a cruise Jan 2014 and one of our stops was St. Kitts and that dark cloud was there then too...I was pretty fascinated by it lol!

Thanks for reading! We will be back at St. Kitts on the Breeze in August, hopefully, I'll be able to see the top of that hill then. :D

I forgot to ask...out of all the islands in the Caribbean, not just this cruise, what are your top 3 favorite? :)

Have to give you a top 4, though technically, some of them aren't in the Caribbean. Then again, I've never met an island I didn't like....:D

1. Half Moon Cay

2. Bermuda

3. Grand Turk

4. Aruba

I was away for this review..needed to go on a mental cruise just now and Thank YOU for a wonderful fabulous review and photos...just perfect..lovely..and really felt the going with the flow pace and great time you had not sweating small stuff..you are a teacher of how to do it.

Thanks for everything and sharing and have great next cruises ...looks like you are planned...

sincerely, sarah

Thanks again, as always Sarah. If we could all learn not to stress out and sweat the small stuff, we'll all be happier and live longer!! :) Not always easy to do though.....

Thanks for reading! We will be back at St. Kitts on the Breeze in August, hopefully, I'll be able to see the top of that hill then. :D

Have to give you a top 4, though technically, some of them aren't in the Caribbean. Then again, I've never met an island I didn't like....:D

1. Half Moon Cay

2. Bermuda

3. Grand Turk

4. Aruba

Hello Jeff,

We're just back from our 8 day to Bon Aire, Aruba, and Grand Turk.

Our cruise was the first time a Carnival Ship has been to Bon Aire. It was fabulous. They had a big party on the dock and gave a plaque to the Captain to commemorate. Lot's of people gathered to watch sail away.

First time a whale tail was in their port.

I see you snuck in another cruise. :p

We also booked another for October. Need to get it up on a countdown.

You know how back to work and reality is post cruise.:eek:

Plus the trial for our niece started yesterday so we left work early. Very sad and emotional. :(

Just had to chime in.

Mary

Hello Jeff,

We're just back from our 8 day to Bon Aire, Aruba, and Grand Turk.

Our cruise was the first time a Carnival Ship has been to Bon Aire. It was fabulous. They had a big party on the dock and gave a plaque to the Captain to commemorate. Lot's of people gathered to watch sail away.

First time a whale tail was in their port.

I see you snuck in another cruise. :p

We also booked another for October. Need to get it up on a countdown.

You know how back to work and reality is post cruise.:eek:

Plus the trial for our niece started yesterday so we left work early. Very sad and emotional. :(

Just had to chime in.

Mary

Welcome back Mary! Always good to hear from you. Hope you had a great cruise. Did you run into my buddy Crusin Karen onboard? She was staying on for the next cruise also.

Welcome back Mary! Always good to hear from you. Hope you had a great cruise. Did you run into my buddy Crusin Karen onboard? She was staying on for the next cruise also.

No Darnit, but I was hoping to.

I wondered how her packing dilemma went. I to, hate flying.

Orlando airport is so busy. We get checked in, hubby puts his bag on the scale and they said. Sir you need to remove 3 lb's from your bag.:eek:

Never mind the 7+ lb's we gained on the cruise.:p

Loved Aruba. We went to De Palm Island. Nice relaxing day. The trip back was slow due to all the people port area. Stop and Go....

Not enough time to shop so just told hubby we'll just have to go back again.:p

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ok brain is refreshed.... of why I enjoyed the Splendor, stayed up later than usual to finish all the reading and looking at your photo's I was in St Marrten in Jan, we went to the Airport for a while to watch the planes land and take off, which was alot of fun, You really would have enjoyed that bar and beach. Funny in St Kitts we had the same type weather and same story on how a storm came through last night, due to some turned up water hitting the not so nice beach, will have to look back on which one we went to... I never saw the top of that mountain from the time we pulled in until we left either... I really enjoyed reading and looking at all your picutres and Can't wait to see what you write in July when we get off.... Hope our roll call picks up soon, it's very quiet

Ok brain is refreshed.... of why I enjoyed the Splendor, stayed up later than usual to finish all the reading and looking at your photo's I was in St Marrten in Jan, we went to the Airport for a while to watch the planes land and take off, which was alot of fun, You really would have enjoyed that bar and beach. Funny in St Kitts we had the same type weather and same story on how a storm came through last night, due to some turned up water hitting the not so nice beach, will have to look back on which one we went to... I never saw the top of that mountain from the time we pulled in until we left either... I really enjoyed reading and looking at all your picutres and Can't wait to see what you write in July when we get off.... Hope our roll call picks up soon, it's very quiet

Hey Barb!! Can't wait to cruise with you guys again. Have you talked Angie and Konrad into going?

We went to Maho Beach in St. Maarten about 5 years ago to watch the jets come in. Had a great time there.

Thank You Jamman for this review! My husband and I have just booked this exact cruise for May. We have really enjoyed your review and pictures and are using a lot of the information to help us plan activities before, during and after the cruise. I believe I have read many of your posts at another "addicting" website. :) Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Jammin,

What a great review really enjoyed it. Brought back memories, sailed on her last July 4 for the cruise to Saint John that went to Bermuda instead. Will also be on her the end of June into July, looking forward to meeting you.

Karen

Thanks for reading. We'll see you onboard!!

Thank You Jamman for this review! My husband and I have just booked this exact cruise for May. We have really enjoyed your review and pictures and are using a lot of the information to help us plan activities before, during and after the cruise. I believe I have read many of your posts at another "addicting" website. :) Thanks again!

Thanks for reading. Enjoy your cruise.

I was on The Splendor once, but I don't remember the details. We are doing 7 weeks straight on her next year. I can't wait, except that I don't want to rush through spring, summer and fall, now that they are here.

WOW, 7 straight weeks. GOOD for you!!

Thank You Jamman for your great review of the Splendor!! We just got home today from

our Splendor cruise and had a wonderful time. We were treated like royalty on board by the crew and officers with our Diamond status!!! We had to miss one port (Roatan) because of very high winds, but still a terrific cruise!!! John and Priscilla :)

Thank You Jamman for your great review of the Splendor!! We just got home today from

our Splendor cruise and had a wonderful time. We were treated like royalty on board by the crew and officers with our Diamond status!!! We had to miss one port (Roatan) because of very high winds, but still a terrific cruise!!! John and Priscilla :)

Glad you had a great cruise!! We will be back on the Splendor in June.

How many Diamonds were on your cruise, and what event did the Captain invite you to?

Hi Jamman, the Captain and all the top officers had a very nice cocktail party at 5:00 pm

on the last sea day (piano bar). There were 8 Diamond members on board. Really treated us super nice!!! We were very pleased!!! Pablo (head maitre'd) was just fantastic. Hope you enjoy your cruise as much. We are leaving on 8/23 on 8 day Conquest adventure. John & Priscilla :)

• 1 month later...
Hello again everybody! Time to tell you all about my 2nd day at sea…..

CS257.jpg

I was up around 7am, hoping to get today’s sunrise, but alas, it was cloudy out…..

CS258.JPG

It was warm outside, and judging from what lies ahead of us, I’d say the seas are even smoother than yesterday…..

CS260.JPG

It was time to head upstairs and get some breakfast, and the first thing I noticed as I walked through the Splendido Pool area, was that the roof was open. Yippie!!

CS262.JPG

CS263.JPG

I made my way to the aft omelet line, but instead of ordering an omelet, I chose to have two eggs over easy. Here’s my second sea day breakfast…..

CS266.JPG

To be continued…..

For Sea Days I always can't resist the Sea Day Brunch with the Filet Mignon, Eggs & some sort of the many different Potatoes on the Brunch. Great Photo Review, as all of your reviews...Thank You.