My Solo Splendor repo cruise (with pics) 10/24/14

Jamman54

Your cruise like mine on Splendor had a great itinerary. Enjoyed your review. Didn't realize it until Ga Peral pointed it out to me that we had a person at our dinner table in common.

Yes we did. Good old Harold,"The Bookworm"! :D

Edited by Jamman54

Thank You so much for another wonderful review. It has kept me occupied at work many days ;) :p. I only have 6 days until we leave for our cruise on the Carnival Dream.

Your photos of St. Maarten make me want to get back there. I haven't been to St. Maarten since 2006. Seeing Maho Beach is definitely on the bucket list. :)

THANKS AGAIN for taking us all along on another wonderful journey of yours

Thank You so much for another wonderful review. It has kept me occupied at work many days ;) :p. I only have 6 days until we leave for our cruise on the Carnival Dream.

Your photos of St. Maarten make me want to get back there. I haven't been to St. Maarten since 2006. Seeing Maho Beach is definitely on the bucket list. :)

THANKS AGAIN for taking us all along on another wonderful journey of yours

Thank You Brianna!! Have a GREAT cruise on the Dream. I know several people from another board, who will also be aboard your cruise. Looking forward to reading and seeing your review!!

Jeff did you miss the Halloween party? Thought you may have pics of some costumes.

Hey Jimmy! I didn't attend the Halloween Party,as I was deep in conversation with some Thirsty Frog Reds in the Sports Bar. :D I did snap some random costume photos, but I didn't like how they came out, so I didn't use them.

Once back on board the ship, I made my way back to the cabin, where I found the dreaded debarkation information, and customs card waiting on the bed for me. I guess this cruise is really coming to an end…..

CS909.JPG

Well, I guess it’s time to start packing. I only have one suitcase, and one carry on, so it’s not a big deal. I hung out on my balcony while we sailed from St. Maarten, until it was time for the VIFP party at 4:30.

I’ve never seen so many people at a VIFP party before. It was held in the Spectacular Theatre, and even a good portion of the upper level was filled. The Spectacular Orchestra, along with Ty, the female singer, provided entertainment at the start…..

CS910.JPG

Cruise Director Malcolm Burn was the host…..

CS918.JPG

CS927.JPG

This party was pretty much like all the other VIFP parties I have attended. There were plenty of drinks and snacks, the usual video where everyone cheers for the ships they have been on, etc. Then they had the Senior Staff members come on stage, introduce and tell us a little something about themselves, which Malcolm turned into a comedy bit…..

CS919.JPG

Then Malcolm acknowledged all the Gold and Platinum members in the room, and asked all the Diamond members to come up on stage for a group picture. I have never seen so many Diamonds in one place before. If you look closely, I am in the back with my arm up in the air…..

CS929.jpg

To be continued…..

I see me and Joe with out "Malcolm" cutouts/costumes.

Jamman, This is a great review with excellent photos. I especially enjoyed learning about some of the islands I have not been to yet. I am glad you had a great time and was able to meet up with your friends. I will be on Splendor in January on a Western Caribbean sailing. It is good to know the Splendor is Splendid!

Thank you for posting such a great review. I really enjoyed it!:cool:

Jamman, This is a great review with excellent photos. I especially enjoyed learning about some of the islands I have not been to yet. I am glad you had a great time and was able to meet up with your friends. I will be on Splendor in January on a Western Caribbean sailing. It is good to know the Splendor is Splendid!

Thank you for posting such a great review. I really enjoyed it!:cool:

Thanks for reading!! Hope the review was helpful to you in some way. Enjoy the Splendor!!

The Splendido Pool Bar – port side…..

CS032.JPG

LOL... I just sat down to start reading your review and to reminisce this awesome cruise and I see this picture of the port side bar. I'm like..omg, that's me! (on the right). My cruise buddy and co-worker is on the left. :)

Just found this review. Great job. Going on the Splendor in March. Saw some people from our Magic TA a few years ago. I've only read the first 5 pages, back later.

Tony and Debbie

Thanks for reading. Enjoy the rest of the review.

LOL... I just sat down to start reading your review and to reminisce this awesome cruise and I see this picture of the port side bar. I'm like..omg, that's me! (on the right). My cruise buddy and co-worker is on the left. :)

Gee Donna, if I knew it was you I would have told you to turn around and smile for the camera! :D

Thank you again for another great "Jamman" review! I really enjoyed this one as much as I've enjoyed your others and I enjoyed being able to "see" some new ports. The pictures you got are just beautiful too. I'd really love to get to these ports of these days and am just hoping that Carnival will put them on a regular itinerary. I still think Carnival should have another ship based out of San Juan with one keeping the current southern itinerary and the other having an itinerary going to some of the other islands or just one ship out of San Juan doing alternating southern itineraries. We don't have any future cruises planned yet but I'm currently trying to do some arm twisting on DH to do the southern out of San Juan on Liberty next September, so well see. Either way, it will be a while before we cruise again so I really enjoy reading reviews to get my "cruise fix". :)

I still think you should enlarge the picture you got of the Statue of Liberty at sunset, frame it and display it in your home. That one is just beautiful. :)

Another great review from you! I'm glad you did this review so I could "experience" the first half of the repositioning. Thanks for sharing! :)

Thanks Kim! After reading your review, I felt like I was on the Splendor for the whole repositioning!

Thank you again for another great "Jamman" review! I really enjoyed this one as much as I've enjoyed your others and I enjoyed being able to "see" some new ports. The pictures you got are just beautiful too. I'd really love to get to these ports of these days and am just hoping that Carnival will put them on a regular itinerary. I still think Carnival should have another ship based out of San Juan with one keeping the current southern itinerary and the other having an itinerary going to some of the other islands or just one ship out of San Juan doing alternating southern itineraries. We don't have any future cruises planned yet but I'm currently trying to do some arm twisting on DH to do the southern out of San Juan on Liberty next September, so well see. Either way, it will be a while before we cruise again so I really enjoy reading reviews to get my "cruise fix". :)

I still think you should enlarge the picture you got of the Statue of Liberty at sunset, frame it and display it in your home. That one is just beautiful. :)

Thanks for reading. (Again!!). Hope you get that next cruise booked, sooner rather than later!

Edited by Jamman54

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome review. You made her shine. Made me think about my Hawaii cruise on the Splendor. I was on the Splendor's last Hawaii cruise, from Long Beach, CA before she set sail for New York. Loved the ship, and having never been to NY, might just have to sail from your homeport.