Mock booking - Prices down from yesterday

SMN73

Did a mock booking today for our Adventure cruise in May 2015. Yesterday the price for an E1 balcony was over $3100 with $600 total on-board credit for 2 people. Today the same category is $2776 with the same $600 on board credit.

We have the cabin currently booked for $2400 with $100 on board credit. Trying to decide if I want to try to call for the net savings of $124.

Just thought I'd share the info. Hope it helps some of you.

I liken this "sale" as a sort of loan to Royal by the consumers. Royal is collecting a bigger fee up front and then "paying it back" later in the form of OBC. My guess, is in the hopes that many will not use all their on-board credit.

Hopefully they keep coming down in price.

Edited by SMN73

Did a mock booking today for our Adventure cruise in May 2015. Yesterday the price for an E1 balcony was over $3100 with $600 total on-board credit for 2 people. Today the same category is $2776 with the same $600 on board credit.

We have the cabin currently booked for $2400 with $100 on board credit. Trying to decide if I want to try to call for the net savings of $124.

Just thought I'd share the info. Hope it helps some of you.

Heck yes!! I would call for that.

I checked our Adventure prices for next month, and they have TRIPLED!! I have never seen a price go up that much in the 14 years I've been price tracking online. And, that's with a balcony discount, too!!

Same with our Adventure cruises in Jan/Feb. What was $1200 is now $2800 and $3400.

I liken this "sale" as a sort of loan to Royal by the consumers. Royal is collecting a bigger fee up front and then "paying it back" later in the form of OBC. My guess, is in the hopes that many will not use all their on-board credit.

Hopefully they keep coming down in price.

Not only is it a loan, it's a loan that is making them money. The items/restaurants/drinks, etc that you spend the $600.00 on most likely only cost RCCL about $150.00 to provide. Therefore, they are making a profit of ~ $450.00 REAL MONEY. It's a great business model, as long as people will buy into it.

Edited by jakesnana