I emailed Celebrity regarding Two Top for MDR

whataboutport

Just to let anyone know who may be interested. I emailed them about a month and a half ago and did not get any reply. I sail in three days. I will see the maitre D as soon as I get on board to see if I can get one.

I was successful in email RCCL last year when on the Allure, so was hopeful X would do the same. But no. :(

If anyone has been successful with emailing X for preferred seating, please feel free to chime in.

Did you (or your travel agent) request it in the initial booking? Then it's a request on record. Just reconfirm on embarkation day once on board.

Celebrity has a lot of tables for two, not a big deal to get one.

Agreed.

Your request was not "unusual" so it probably is recorded somewhere now on your booking (either by yourself, your TA, or via Celebrity and your email request).

If your request has been a table for 12, or a larger group of multiple tables wanting to sit close together in the MDR, I could see where someone would have gotten back to you

But as it stands you are just 2 in over 2000

I am sure everything will be ok once you get your table assignment

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I can only report on our experience, but we emailed the head of Dining Operations for almost all the S class ships here:

For Celebrity: Domy Valdes

Dining Room Administrator for.

Celebrity Reflection

Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Millennium

and Celebrity Century

PH 305 539 6000 EXT. 34193

dhidalgo@rccl.com

Domy replied twice to our request for a 2 top and assured us it was assigned.

Agree that a 4-top can be awkward if you don't mesh well. Of course you can request a change but that's awkward too! We usually prefer a table for 2, but we had a ball and made some friends at a large 12-top on a med cruise.

Can't the Captain's Club also assist with noting this preference on your reservation?

I can only report on our experience, but we emailed the head of Dining Operations for almost all the S class ships here:

Celebrity Reflection

Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Millennium

and Celebrity Century

dhidalgo@rccl.com

That's great. Thank you for that info.

Just got off the Summit. We had a 2 top at select dining every night. Actually, same table every night. However, neighboring table is so close that it's like dining with a larger group.

Agree. We had a 2 top select on Eclipse last July and this Oct and without fail had a great time meeting our neighbours. This led to a table for four then a table for 7 some evenings.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to let anyone know who may be interested. I emailed them about a month and a half ago and did not get any reply. I sail in three days. I will see the maitre D as soon as I get on board to see if I can get one.

I was successful in email RCCL last year when on the Allure, so was hopeful X would do the same. But no. :(

If anyone has been successful with emailing X for preferred seating, please feel free to chime in.

We always request a table for two in the MDR. For years it never happened and we had to fix things once onboard. I too, emailed Celebrity dining services and the box was so full that we got about 30 "this message did not get accepted" responses. In the past, I've called 1-800-242-6374 Ext 2 or 3 and that seems to do the trick. I called again a couple of weeks ago and everything seems set for our Eclipse cruise in December.:)

Enjoy!

Kel

I emailed them before our last cruise. We departed on 2nd October and I emailed on the 26th September as I figured too far in advance the request would get lost or missed so I waited till just a few days before. On the 29th I got a lovely reply to say my request had been passed on and also an email from the ship itself to say it had been noted.

We were given a table for two by the window and as I requested it wasn't too close to another table for two. (As I know they sometimes are) They did this by actually giving us a table for four with two seats remaining empty. It was perfect :)

It was actually Domy who someone mentioned previously who emailed me back, very helpful :D

Edited by DebbieMacG

I emailed them directly for our Alaska Century sailing just this past June. There were six of us altogether but on two different seatings. The person I was dealing with was extremely helpful with a few back and forth emails. In the end they even sent us a diagram of exactly where our table(s) would be. We ended up with very nice ones, too, just between the captain's table and bottom of the stairway.

They were very nice and easy to work with.

Celebrity Reflection

Celebrity Equinox

Celebrity Solstice

Celebrity Millennium

and Celebrity Century

dhidalgo@rccl.com

Becci,

Just like that Mr. Valdes replied to me and confirmed our request! Thanks again for posting that info. :) Thumbs up to Mr Valdes for his very quick work. We sail Monday!