Regal Aft Pool

JRT5000

Does anyone know if the aft pool on the Regal is adults only.

It would be a shame if it is....being right outside the kids club.

Thx

If you meant the terrace pool, no I don't think it is. It is a VERY small pool however.

Was on the Regal TA and did not notice any "Adults Only" signs.

On all other ships that have a terrace pool it is Adults only. Will be VERY disappointed if this one is not !!!!

You may be disappointed when you see it anyway.

It does not compare with the Terrace pools of the past.

It is basically a splash pad with a deep hole in the middle.

Edited by caribill

It looks like a positive change to me...and I seem to remember that aft area on the Royal being underutilized...

Pools on ships are all basically used to dip no matter what the size. Most people don't use the pools at all and those that do sit on the edge or cling to the sides because they are too deep. Deck space around the pools is the most important feature of any pool on the ship. Get that towel on a poolside chair at dawn. The more pools the ships have the better chance for those that need to be on the perimeter of the pool. However, put in another pool and you eat up valuable deck space.

The Royal and Regal both have sufficient pools for people that need them for cooling off. There is plenty of deck space and loungers on these ships.

The new Terrace pool will satisfy some, but those that enjoyed all the deck space aft on the Royal to watch the wake will have to scramble for a lounger now.:)

Pools on ships are all basically used to dip no matter what the size. Most people don't use the pools at all and those that do sit on the edge or cling to the sides because they are too deep. Deck space around the pools is the most important feature of any pool on the ship. Get that towel on a poolside chair at dawn. The more pools the ships have the better chance for those that need to be on the perimeter of the pool. However, put in another pool and you eat up valuable deck space.

The Royal and Regal both have sufficient pools for people that need them for cooling off. There is plenty of deck space and loungers on these ships.

The new Terrace pool will satisfy some, but those that enjoyed all the deck space aft on the Royal to watch the wake will have to scramble for a lounger now.:)

Thank you, my thoughts exactly. We have found the pools on all Princess ships we have sailed on to be more than sufficient for our needs and DW is a sun goddess. You want big olympic size pools, go to a resort!

On all other ships that have a terrace pool it is Adults only. Will be VERY disappointed if this one is not !!!!

Yes...maybe we should ban kids completely.

I paid full fare for my children to come....there was no discount

The retreat pool is adults only...the splash pool in front of muts is crowded full of adults (according to many reviews)......that leaves one deep fountain pool for families.

The fountain pool is deep...maybe not the safest pool for younger children.

I don't see a need for another adult pool especially outside the door of the children center.

Sometimes it's nice to spend a quiet time in the pool with my family instead of being overwhelmed by the noise of muts.

That poor excuse for a "pool" is another reason to avoid the Regal, besides the fact that she is too big for my taste.

I'll stick to the ships with a Terrace pool that is for adults only. I have nothing against kids, but it's very nice to not have them splashing around and shrieking in my ear, as kids are often inclined to do when having fun, when I want to chat with friends while relaxing in the pool!

It looks like a positive change to me...and I seem to remember that aft area on the Royal being underutilized...

I happened upon that area on the Royal by accident and it was used as a smoking area and really reeked of smoke. Is smoking allowed in this area on the Regal?

How about making the aft pool only one for the kids and all the others for adults. It sure would keep things quiet for the rest of us without all the kids screaming and jumping around. :p

I assume (hope) you are joking. Have you seen the size of the pool? Like it or not, cruising is a family vacation and there is no "children should be neither seen nor heard" rule. Want to avoid children? Pick a cruise when schools are not on break. Or visit the Sanctuary. Or the Lotus pool. A 951 foot ship shouldn't have a microscopic area for quarantining children so that the "rest of us" (whoever that is) don't have to see them.

I assume (hope) you are joking. Have you seen the size of the pool? Like it or not, cruising is a family vacation and there is no "children should be neither seen nor heard" rule. Want to avoid children? Pick a cruise when schools are not on break. Or visit the Sanctuary. Or the Lotus pool. A 951 foot ship shouldn't have a microscopic area for quarantining children so that the "rest of us" (whoever that is) don't have to see them.

If the Royal and Regal had a nice, isolated Lotus pool I would be very happy to visit it.

The Retreat Pool on those ships is not the same. Not as many shaded lounges, expensive cabanas ruining the view, and not as quiet an area.

No. Not a joke. The kids should be herded together in one pool to make all the noise they want and the aft pool is big enough for a few hundred of them.

If the Royal and Regal had a nice, isolated Lotus pool I would be very happy to visit it.

The Retreat Pool on those ships is not the same. Not as many shaded lounges, expensive cabanas ruining the view, and not as quiet an area.

Totally agree. They ruin one adult pool with setting up cabanas to charge money to a handful of suckers, set up an aft hot tub calling it a pool and force the rest of us to put up with overly loud MUTS movie and screaming brats most of the day. Sad. :mad:

I happened upon that area on the Royal by accident and it was used as a smoking area and really reeked of smoke. Is smoking allowed in this area on the Regal?

Just got off the Regal.

There are no sights indicating 'Adults only'. That is what the Retreat Pool is for.

The smoking section, however, does share the same piece of real estate, so you will definitely smell smoke while using that pool. Would have loved that a year ago, but, alas, I quit! :D