Hate the RCI website so MUCH

Not only am I getting the awesome "Our website is on vacation" nonsense when trying to access the basically-useless cruise planner, but now when I'm logged into my account and want to call them with a C&A question, I get this:

cor_contactus_hdr.gif

s.gif

How Can We Help You?

s.gif

Our goal is to provide you with the best possible service in everything we do. So if you can't find the answer to a question on our website and you would like to speak to your Travel Agent so that they can assist you, we have made it easy by including their information below.

Well that's just super helpful... I don't need to contact my TA, I want to contact Crown & Anchor. So now we're somehow disloyal to Royal and not worthy of contacting them if we stoop so low as to book with a TA? Seriously? :confused:

Edited by crazy4themouse

Amazing - I think you have finally found a topic on which we can all agree!

I looked at a particular cruise this past weekend and every time I clicked on the cruise ( at least 6 times within 15 minutes) I got different pricing. It differed if I used the advance search, searched by ship, searched by month, etc. I put a courtesy hold on all six and simply booked the one that was lowest.

M

Was on cruise planner to buy "wine & dine" package, got to very end to purchase and message told me to call RCI phone number. Called, and cruise planner rep couldn't purchase package for me either. Functionality of the cruise planner works for planning some things like booking entertainment or soda package, but not for everything.

Also, the RC website had changed our Traditional Dining time twice, after it had been corrected. It's still not correct. Keeps reverting to a time we've never had in our preferences or originally booked.:( Go figure!

Edited by cruisebirdie

The strange thing about the website is it has pretty much been a disaster for a decade now. If a person attempts to make a payment toward their cruise balance on the website, it will often reprice their entire cruise fare. I just do not get how that can happen. This is from a company that we all love that has pulled in a 2.5 billion dollar profit in the last four quarters combined. How about spending 10-20 million of that guys and hire an outside IT firm to get things working again please? The website should be a huge embarrassment to an otherwise great company.

The strange thing about the website is it has pretty much been a disaster for a decade now.

That's what kills me too! Website and internet and software glitches happen, but their website has been legendary, in a bad way, for as long as I can remember. WHY??? There's simply no excuse.

Not only am I getting the awesome "Our website is on vacation" nonsense when trying to access the basically-useless cruise planner, but now when I'm logged into my account and want to call them with a C&A question, I get this:

I don't know your circumstance but I received that message when I tried accessing beverage packages through the Booking Dashboard so I tried it through the Cruise Planner tab and got right in. YMMV... Good luck!

Here's a tip for searching for help or a topic on Royal Caribbean. Do not use the search box on the royalcaribbean.com website, instead use google.com and type in search as: Royal Caribbean "insert search topic here"

The quotes will ensure you'll find all words in the search. 9 times out of 10, you'll find what your looking for accurately and faster than looking through 100's of non-related links the RC website search engine produces.

cor_contactus_hdr.gif

s.gif

How Can We Help You?

s.gif

Our goal is to provide you with the best possible service in everything we do. So if you can't find the answer to a question on our website and you would like to speak to your Travel Agent so that they can assist you, we have made it easy by including their information below.

Well that's just super helpful... I don't need to contact my TA, I want to contact Crown & Anchor. So now we're somehow disloyal to Royal and not worthy of contacting them if we stoop so low as to book with a TA? Seriously? :confused:

If you DO contact C&A and you DID book through an agent they most probably won't talk to you anyway !!!!

They just refer you to your Agent !!!

I've been trying for a month to make dinner reservations at Sabor for our upcoming cruise on Navigator. No such luck. I hope I can do it when I get on board. :cool:

Agree! Sabor shows up on the Oasis planner, but only allows booking for two slots at lunch time. Why no dinner reservation function for Sabor restaurant??. :confused:

Because it has only been open since mid October.

What does the opening date of Sabor have to do with the website's cruise planner not working for booking a restaurant? Changes were planned for and technology planning "should" (using the word loosely) have moved simultaneous for the changes....Oooops I forgot, were talking about Royal Caribbean's website! :rolleyes:

I know @Internetwhiz, that you have a soft spot for all things IT, but even you must agree a company as big and growing as RCCI should shore up their systems to work more effectively and accurately. After all it is the 21st century and there are a lot of talented computer programmers and engineers out there.

Every time I log into their website, I never know one day to the next if this will be the day, that their website will work "right". The work around is to book on-board. But realistically the cruise planner should work without Customers getting frustrated, having to call RCL/TA, and plan work-arounds.<sigh>

Edited by cruisebirdie

What does the opening date of Sabor have to do with the website's cruise planner not working for booking a restaurant? Changes were planned for and technology planning "should" (using the word loosely) have moved simultaneous for the changes....Oooops I forgot, were talking about Royal Caribbean's website! :rolleyes:

I know @Internetwhiz, that you have a soft spot for all things IT, but even you must agree a company as big and growing as RCCI should shore up their systems to work more effectively and accurately. After all it is the 21st century and there are a lot of talented computer programmers and engineers out there.

Every time I log into their website, I never know one day to the next if this will be the day, that their website will work "right". The work around is to book on-board. But realistically the cruise planner should work without Customers getting frustrated, having to call RCL/TA, and plan work-arounds.<sigh>

Lol. You don't know anything about me. I am one of the biggest critics of their site and their programmers. Anywhere I worked if we did our jobs like they did, we would be FIRED.

I guess I wasn't clear. On Oasis, Sabor IS NOT your traditional "pay" restaurant on there. All someone has to do is book it on board. That's what we did on the transatlantic three weeks ago when Sabor debuted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ditto .. .. Ditto to everything you just posted. Am Elite status on Princess and have never had a problem on their web site. When I made my res. in June on RCCL I mentioned that I was having problems with web site and was told by booking agent, "You just don't know how to use it." Well, I guess I don't. I booked bev pcg, transfers, and shore excursion on web site no problem. Since, I have gone back to web to look at dinner res's, all I get is "error."

Carolyn in Texas

I've been trying for a month to make dinner reservations at Sabor for our upcoming cruise on Navigator. No such luck. I hope I can do it when I get on board. :cool:

If you just stop by Sabor after boarding, you will be fine. We have eaten there twice on Nav since March. The menu is more extensive and is not a la carte like Oasis. One cost buys much yum!

Lol. You don't know anything about me. I am one of the biggest critics of their site and their programmers. Anywhere I worked if we did our jobs like they did, we would be FIRED.

Agreed on all points!

I guess I wasn't clear. On Oasis, Sabor IS NOT your traditional "pay" restaurant on there. All someone has to do is book it on board. That's what we did on the transatlantic three weeks ago when Sabor debuted.

Items that traditionally haven't been on the cruise planner are now listed for the Oasis, i.e., Sabor, Prohibition Party, Lafite Wine Tasting,... If they're on the planner to schedule, whether pre-payment is required or not the planner app should work.

Just sayin'...;)

Edited by cruisebirdie

If you just stop by Sabor after boarding, you will be fine. We have eaten there twice on Nav since March. The menu is more extensive and is not a la carte like Oasis. One cost buys much yum!

Thanks, we'll do that. We ate there in May and loved it! :D