TA prices in 2015 and 2016

Wiltonian

While it may well be true that some of the new 2016 prices are excessive, it ain't necessarily so!

Looking at the April Sihouette transatlantic in the two years, while the 2015 is 14 nights to Amsterdam and the 2016 is 13 to Southampton, and you can get an offer (haven't investigated the details, since it's 2016 I'm interested in) in 2015, the prices vary significantly:

All prices in the UK site in Sterling:

2015: 1360 / 2120 / 2320 / 3040 / 3520 / 9600

2016: 1198 / 1498 / 1698 / 1928 / 2318 / 3558

I reckon that 13 nights with a balcony for two people for £1698 is pretty good!

Stuart

I am having a TERRIBLE time trying to adjust to these higher transatlantic prices... :confused:

Just got back from the Reflection t/a which was $649pp with $350 OBC. :)

No where NEAR as good as LAST year's... $449pp with $250 OBC. :D

I am having a TERRIBLE time trying to adjust to these higher transatlantic prices... :confused:

Just hang on...because they really seem to drop as they sit on the shelf.....

We are going to do a TA 11/4/15 on the Constellation. I am shopping for perks like pre-paid gratuities, OBC. Anyone had any luck? I know Celebrity discounts TA cruises a fair amount, but was hoping to find some perks. I have been told 3,2,1 does not apply to TA cruises. Appreciate any info anyone can share. Thanks!

We are going to do a TA 11/4/15 on the Constellation. I am shopping for perks like pre-paid gratuities, OBC. Anyone had any luck? I know Celebrity discounts TA cruises a fair amount, but was hoping to find some perks. I have been told 3,2,1 does not apply to TA cruises. Appreciate any info anyone can share. Thanks!

The 123 promo has not been available for TA's for at least the last year, and from what I can see there are no promos tied to the TA's they just released.

They may be higher than last year's but they are similar to the ones offered for 2015 the big difference that 2016 TA's have NO perks attached.....:eek:

Just got an email from Travelzoo (I think I can say that!) and one of the big online cruise companies is offering pp gratuities for TA bookings...

Transatlantic cruises aren't typically your high demand cruises so I don't see any reason to book one at the time of release unless it is one of the very few high demand crossings. Wait until 6 months out and the prices will typically really drop on the ones with very low bookings. I'm always searching for deals so I look at pricing on these things every couple of weeks. You never know when a great deal will appear.

There are great deals to be had. Just keep checking.

We will be on the 13 night eastbound Italian TA - April 9, 2015...AQ $1,399pp + free grats + $200 OBC.

April 9 transatlantic, A2 Aqua, $1288, including all taxes and fees. Also prepaid grats and $325 OBC. Online travel agent.

Think the TA's are good value and after our first one last month we have booked the Reflection again for Oct 2015 [uK booking to get the free bev package] and have a booking for the Equinox Oct 2016.

What port will the Equinox Oct. 2016 be leaving from? We are interested in not only doing a TA in the Fall of 2016; but are hoping to make it a b2b prior to leaving Europe for our 45th Anniversary. Thanks in advance!:)

1 Barcelona, Spain 17:00 Embark

2 Cartagena, Spain 10:00 18:00 Docked

3 At Sea

4 Agadir, Morocco 07:00 22:00 Docked

5 Lanzarote, Canary Islands 12:00 20:00 Docked

6 Tenerife, Canary Islands 08:00 17:00 Docked

7 At Sea

8 At Sea

9 At Sea

10 At Sea

11 At Sea

12 At Sea

13 At Sea

14 Fort Lauderdale, Florida 05:00 Debark

Transatlantic cruises aren't typically your high demand cruises so I don't see any reason to book one at the time of release unless it is one of the very few high demand crossings. Wait until 6 months out and the prices will typically really drop on the ones with very low bookings. I'm always searching for deals so I look at pricing on these things every couple of weeks. You never know when a great deal will appear.

If all you are worried about is price, book now to get the best selection. Several agencies are offering prepaid gratuities. You can get the lower price if they go down before final payment. However, if you are looking for a special promotion like free Beverage Pacakge, you need to wait to see if they eventualy offer it and hope prices do not go up too much to offset the free beverage package. Roll the dice!!!

What is weather like on TA in April? I assume first day or two will be relatively warm leaving from Miami. Temps in Spain and Italy should be around 70 by the time the ship arrives in late April. Is that about right? I also assume temperature during most of the crossing will be very cool. I am looking at a 16 night TA. Do they really have entertainment every night?

• 3 months later...
If all you are worried about is price, book now to get the best selection. Several agencies are offering prepaid gratuities. You can get the lower price if they go down before final payment. However, if you are looking for a special promotion like free Beverage Pacakge, you need to wait to see if they eventualy offer it and hope prices do not go up too much to offset the free beverage package. Roll the dice!!!

You can get the lower price if it's not "for new bookings only". Also the new low price has to include the prepaid gratuities. If not, you'll have to decide which is a better deal, the one you booked or the new price without gratuities. Keep in mind, there is no such thing as a free lunch. The prepaid gratuities is, in some form, built into the price of the cruise.

Hola. Hope you are fine.

Traveling solo.

How can I get a good price?

Can you recommend online travel agent?

I live in Puerto Rico and our travel agents are not that savvy.

THanks.

peace

Welcome to Cruise Critic... it is against policy here to recommend or discuss specific travel agents. Please do a search online, and you will easily find the larger sites. Cruise prices will be the same on most sites, but many offer nice incentives and credits.

What is weather like on TA in April? I assume first day or two will be relatively warm leaving from Miami. Temps in Spain and Italy should be around 70 by the time the ship arrives in late April. Is that about right? I also assume temperature during most of the crossing will be very cool. I am looking at a 16 night TA. Do they really have entertainment every night?

April weather in Florida is warm typically. it seems that you follow the weather accross, meaning if its sunny or rainy at departure you tend to move with the weather system accross the pond. We usually leave south florida hot, gradually cooling as we go north. You have to prepare for the climate change when you pack!