What suite perks do you get on Quantum/Anthem?

rocky55

Hi. I have sailed on Royal before, but never in a suite that had perks. I have done "Haven" suites on NCL that has perks. I am wondering what perks they have on Quantum. I do love the perks you get on NCL (private sun deck, restaurant etc) but I do also really like RCL and would love to sail the Anthem. Thank you for your help!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Here is a summary of the Enhanced Program for Suite Guests staying in the following suites*: Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite. Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite

*Excludes Junior Suites

It seems Anthem may be released with a couple of changes from the start that will also be made on Quantum from December.

The Coastal Kitchen complimentary dining venue will be for Gold Card holders only. This will include GS and above along with Crown and Anchor Pinnacle members.

The Concierge Lounge will also be a Gold Card only venue. It is not clear on whether it will be re-named Suite Lounge as they did on Oasis.

A gold card Sun Zone will be on deck 16 forward from the Seaplex.

The upper section of the Two70 port side near the Library is held until show start time on Quantum for gold card holders.

While not in use at this time on Quantum, I did note that the elevator system had Seapass sensors installed that could be activated to give priority elevator service to holders of specific Seapass cards. These card pads were near the call button on each floor along with each floor button panel inside the elevators.

It seems Anthem may be released with a couple of changes from the start that will also be made on Quantum from December.

The Coastal Kitchen complimentary dining venue will be for Gold Card holders only. This will include GS and above along with Crown and Anchor Pinnacle members.

The Concierge Lounge will also be a Gold Card only venue. It is not clear on whether it will be re-named Suite Lounge as they did on Oasis.

A gold card Sun Zone will be on deck 16 forward from the Seaplex.

The upper section of the Two70 port side near the Library is held until show start time on Quantum for gold card holders.

While not in use at this time on Quantum, I did note that the elevator system had Seapass sensors installed that could be activated to give priority elevator service to holders of specific Seapass cards. These card pads were near the call button on each floor along with each floor button panel inside the elevators.

Thank you for your response. Have you ever done a suite with perks, on either NCL or RCL? I do love all the perks on NCL, but would love to do a RCL cruise again!! :) Did you love the Quantum?

Was the charge for room service also charged in suites - or do they get if "free" with the cost of a suite cabin?? I sure hope they change this new charge once they see how passengers feel this is not wanted. We shall see - time will tell. They are making money on all the specialty restaurants - this is going a little too far.

Thank you for your response. Have you ever done a suite with perks, on either NCL or RCL? I do love all the perks on NCL, but would love to do a RCL cruise again!! :) Did you love the Quantum?

I have had suite perks with RCI, but not with NCL. I enjoy certain things with both lines. I have even done the Yacht Club with MSC, where everything is included.

I found the Coastal Kitchen to be a fantastic perk and if they continue to allow guests on occasion or even with a fee, I think this will give RCI a bit of a competitive advantage.

The other suite perk I really enjoy is when RCI visit their private destination at Labadee and the upgraded suite area and cabanas available to Gold Card holders.

• 1 month later...

Currently on the 12/12 Quantum sailing and I can confirm the elevator deal is active. We are in a Grand Suite. Hold card/band to the sensor and an elevator immediately shows up. On the display by the elevator it says "Priority". When it opens (has always been empty) it says "Priority, exit now" and then you hold your card/band over the sensor, pick your deck, and it goes straight there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Currently on the 12/12 Quantum sailing and I can confirm the elevator deal is active. We are in a Grand Suite. Hold card/band to the sensor and an elevator immediately shows up. On the display by the elevator it says "Priority". When it opens (has always been empty) it says "Priority, exit now" and then you hold your card/band over the sensor, pick your deck, and it goes straight there.

Now that will certainly get a lot of folks upset.

Wait so if I'm in a lift and someone with a Gold Card wants to use a lift, the lift will go to that floor instead of where I wanted it to and will tell me exit the lift because I'm not a gold card member?

Wait so if I'm in a lift and someone with a Gold Card wants to use a lift, the lift will go to that floor instead of where I wanted it to and will tell me exit the lift because I'm not a gold card member?

Totally has to be a mistake they haven't fixed yet. You use it when you're waiting for an elevator to get one ASAP. It's got to be meant for staff for urgent things they need to take care of. Wouldn't sweat it too much. Probably going to be annoying for some folks on this sailing. But if that's the worst that happens to you I think you're doing well.

What I would do is just stay on unless an officer gets on and just enjoy the ride!!

• 4 weeks later...

I sailed the Allure and just had to flash the gold card at the MDR and walk right into the waiting area with couches and they would have our table ready within minutes, wondering if that is the case with DD, anyone experienced it yet?

I sailed the Allure and just had to flash the gold card at the MDR and walk right into the waiting area with couches and they would have our table ready within minutes, wondering if that is the case with DD, anyone experienced it yet?

We had a Gold Card on our b2b on Quantum and it made no difference.

We had a Gold Card on our b2b on Quantum and it made no difference.

That's a bummer, I am spending good money for this cruise based on my past experience on the Allure, I DON'T do lines so not sure what to do as my kids are so ready for the Dubai to Singapore. I have already spoken to my TA, what I got from her is once the Royal loft suite guests start complaining they might do something about it.That's why celebrity line is my first choice as the butler does everything.

Suite guests have reserved VIP seats for Production shows. The seats are upstairs in both Two70 and The Royal Theater.

Would that include Diamond Plus Members not needing reservations for the Production shows also or would those reserved VIP seats be for just Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite. Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite?

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

Would that include Diamond Plus Members not needing reservations for the Production shows also or would those reserved VIP seats be for just Royal Suite, Royal Family Suite, Presidential Family Suite, Owner's Suite, Grand Suite. Oasis Class: Royal Loft Suite, Sky Loft Suite, AquaTheater Suite & Crown Loft Suite?

You still need to make reservations if in a suite?

IMO, it's best to have reservations for both entertainment and dining, even if your in a suite. There's also reserved seating for D+ in Two70, upstairs. The Royal Theater had plenty of seats for an afternoon show of Mamma Mia, no need for us to ask about D+ seating, I believe it was upstairs.

Don't know about the Oasis class, have not been on her.

• 1 month later...
Hi. I have a grand suite on anthem booked. What restaurants are included in the dining room menu choices in the room ?

When we sailed on 1/3, we had the menus for coastal kitchen (breakfast, lunch and dinner), american icon, chic, silk, and the grande. You could order breakfast or lunch from american icon as well as dinner, but i can't remember if the menus were in the folder - if not, you can ask the concierge for them, or maybe your stateroom attendant.

Also, food off the room service menu that has a charge for everyone else is free for suites. The standard charges still apply, like for sodas or alcohol, or the late-night fee.

Devinly Decadence was not complementary when we sailed, so i don't know if they've added that to the folder or not.

The concierge lounge has copies of all the other menus.

• 4 weeks later...