Question about visa's obc

berylde

On Visa's "My Cruise Rewards", they make a distinction between OBC for a single occupancy and a double occupancy. There are 2 in cabin, but each using a seperate credit card. So, I will be the only user of the OBC

Which do I redeem? OBC for a double occupancy or a single?

On Visa's "My Cruise Rewards", they make a distinction between OBC for a single occupancy and a double occupancy. There are 2 in cabin, but each using a seperate credit card. So, I will be the only user of the OBC

Which do I redeem? OBC for a double occupancy or a single?

If you want to have all the OBC yourself, choose single.

Note that I've done this several times and about half the time they get it wrong. If that happens, you can go to Guest Services once onboard and have them move the OBC as you like.

Edited by clarea

Good Day, I got and started using RCI VISA for points/credit for upcoming cruise. Every month on statement it reports total number of points accumulated. NO EXPIRATION dates posted. .... Statement arrived - payment due 11/11/14 - under accumulated points - "a special note" - you have points that may expire soon. OK. On 11/9/14, I paid balance in full & with statement in hand - called to have points transferred to OBC for January cruise. Statement recorded 19,444 points. RCI VISA personnel on phone stated "no - I only had 11,000. Some of my points had expired." We had some discussion r/t definition of may expire soon. As soon as I got notice points MAY expire I called. There never was any expired date on points. I am not real happy about this. So, if you use RCI VISA beware! Annie

Good Day, I got and started using RCI VISA for points/credit for upcoming cruise. Every month on statement it reports total number of points accumulated. NO EXPIRATION dates posted. .... Statement arrived - payment due 11/11/14 - under accumulated points - "a special note" - you have points that may expire soon. OK. On 11/9/14, I paid balance in full & with statement in hand - called to have points transferred to OBC for January cruise. Statement recorded 19,444 points. RCI VISA personnel on phone stated "no - I only had 11,000. Some of my points had expired." We had some discussion r/t definition of may expire soon. As soon as I got notice points MAY expire I called. There never was any expired date on points. I am not real happy about this. So, if you use RCI VISA beware! Annie

Really?? I just recently got one of these cards and when I read the information about points it said that they expire 60 months after you get them. Is that not accurate?

Edited by sanger727

Really?? I just recently got one of these cards and when I read the information about points it said that they expire 60 months after you get them. Is that not accurate?

That's true, points expire 5 years after they are first posted to your statement.

I'm sorry as I know this question is a bit off the OP question.

I have just redeemed my rewards RCCL visa for OBC for my upcoming cruise. They sent me a a confirmation email that had no reference number or confirmation number and no details on what to do next. Do I need to call RCCL and confirm that these points were credited to my ressie as OBC?

I'm sorry as I know this question is a bit off the OP question.

I have just redeemed my rewards RCCL visa for OBC for my upcoming cruise. They sent me a a confirmation email that had no reference number or confirmation number and no details on what to do next. Do I need to call RCCL and confirm that these points were credited to my ressie as OBC?

There should be nothing more you have to do. However, you might want to wait a week or so and then ask for Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation. The OBC should show up on that document.

WWbytheSEA;

The OBC will show up on your Sea Pass account on Day 2. But take a copy of confirmation from Visa with you.

On one of our cruises, the OBC did not show up, but, we showed them confirmation copy and the OBC was added to our account