A couple of questions

Little London

It will be nearly 4 years since we last sailed with Celebrity so I am expecting some changes, however am I correct in thinking they no longer supply water in jugs in your stateroom. If so can I ask our room attendant for one?

Secondly as we have Select Dining I was thinking of dining in Murano on the first night and booking that when we board, I know we are taking a chance on availability, but wondered if people share a table there.

Many thanks

It will be nearly 4 years since we last sailed with Celebrity so I am expecting some changes, however am I correct in thinking they no longer supply water in jugs in your stateroom. If so can I ask our room attendant for one?

Secondly as we have Select Dining I was thinking of dining in Murano on the first night and booking that when we board, I know we are taking a chance on availability, but wondered if people share a table there.

Many thanks

Re your first question - yes indeed you can and re your second, no it is not a sharing table environment.

They frequently offer discounts for the speciality restaurants on the first night.

Upon boarding go to the table where they are making speciality restaurant reservations & ask if there is a special or discounted rate for booking for that night. It never hurts to ask!

Many thanks

I started cruising with Celebrity in January 2012... No cabin water jugs, then or since. In Aqua Class there is a jug of Iced Tea (Flavours vary) and also Bottle water daily deliveries. In other veranda cabins, there have been reports of Bottled Water being left out on the vanity (in addition to in the fridge)... But it is NOT FREE *... A Pax mistake that must make Celebrity a good bit of change as they continue to do it

* Not even free for those on Bevvy Pkgs... Which sadly some Pax assume

As for Muranos it is a wonderful venue for Food, Service & Decor (Traditional French Continental Food & Service). The space is one of the most elegant on the ship... And the prices for this Specialty Dining Venue certainly reflect that too

Seating comes in variety of offerings... 2 tops thru to tables for 10 or 12. On many ships Murano's / Ocean Liner Restaurants also have a seperate room for larger groups (frequently this table / room is also part of the Ships extensive wine cellar / collection)

Photo - Muranos / Ocean Liners (Main Area) = http://cruiseweb.com/celebrity-imagelibrary/ship-solstice-class/Murano-Restaurant.jpg

Photo - Muranos / Ocean Liners (Wine Room) = http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm271/tlcohio/SolsticeMuranoWineRoom.jpg

There are ways to cut the cost... You can buy a Multi Venue Dine Around Pkg (either in advance or onboard... When bought in advance online it typically waives the 15% Grats... See the Celebrity Website for more info... Restaurants & Cafes or My Celebrity Pgs for more info). Or look for Discount Offers when you board (a percentage off for booking one meal - or sometimes a 2 for 1 Deal on a specific evening... Often Night 1). Additionally, there are oftentimes a Lunch Service for a particular day that is a lot less than Dinner.

Celebrity - Restaurants & Cafes = http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard-celebrity/cruise-restaurants

If you are looking to celebrate a special occasion on a certain day, it is always best to book ahead just to guarantee the reservation is as you wish (have been reports of folks then getting their booking adjusted onboard if they bought a pkg etc. and if it is to mark a milestone... Do let Celebrity know... They will go out of their way to make it special for you.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

There are ways to cut the cost... You can buy a Multi Venue Dine Around Pkg (either in advance or onboard... When bought in advance online it typically waives the 15% Grats...

What 15% grats? Have dined at many different specialty restaurants on various X ships (sometimes paying for the venues individually, sometimes in a multi-venue package) and never had a 15% gratuity added to the bill. While we always add a generous gratuity, it is my understanding that tipping in specialty restaurants is solely at the diner's discretion.

Edited by lysolqn

What 15% grats? Have dined at many different specialty restaurants on various X ships (sometimes paying for the venues individually, sometimes in a multi-venue package) and never had a 15% gratuity added to the bill. While we always add a generous gratuity, it is my understanding that tipping in specialty restaurants is solely at the diner's discretion.

You are absolutely correct! :)

Yes, you are correct.

& to the OP, yes, you can ask for a water pitcher from your stateroom attendant.