Upsell Offer

maxout

Is that per person or for a couple?

Just trying to figure out the day rate per person for the 28 days...

In case I win the lottery, I could maybe spot it to you but I want to know if it's a "deal"....LOL Edited by Mmtrip

[quote name='Mmtrip']Is that per person or for a couple?

Just trying to figure out the day rate per person for the 28 days...

In case I win the lottery, I could maybe spot it to you but I want to know if it's a "deal"....LOL[/QUOTE]

It was $ 7249 Per Person on top of the fare we have already paid. Perhaps someone bumped their little head??

[quote name='freestyling']The scary thing is someone just might take it at that price[/QUOTE]

[COLOR="DarkRed"][SIZE="4"]They probably will. We had an offer of 30,000 for the Pinnacle suite, ofcourse we turned it down but some else did take it. Yikes!

[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Gosh, Monday we were offered the following from a Balcony (Vista "suite") to:

[QUOTE]Neptune Suite (Category SA to SB) for an additional $649pp USD/$707pp CAD
Pinnacle Suite (Category PS) for an additional $2,199pp USD/ $2,395pp CAD[/QUOTE]

This is for a 14-day west-to-east South America on the Zaandam, upgrading from a Vista "suite" on the Verandah deck PORT SIDE... that was itself an upsell from our original OV. The available Neptunes were all Starboard as is the sole Pinnacle Suite. While some of the voyage is in fjords and channels with shores on both sides, the "land" while at sea, and some of the glaciers (I have it from reviews) will be visible most from the Port side.

We did not take the second upsell. Besides the location, I really have no urge to feel like (or be treated like) I own the ship... I guess I'm unusual that way? I [I][B]like[/B][/I] to feel like I'm on a ship, even if that means narrow hallways and a small bathroom!

[url=http://www.cruise-ships.com][img]http://ticker.cruise-ships.com/002/40cdb225e0fedaed039027232f0029c5.png[/img][/url] Edited by crystalspin
Ticker

[quote name='crystalspin']Gosh, Monday we were offered the following from a Balcony (Vista "suite") to:

This is for a 14-day west-to-east South America on the Zaandam, upgrading from a Vista "suite" on the Verandah deck PORT SIDE... that was itself an upsell from our original OV. The available Neptunes were all Starboard as is the sole Pinnacle Suite. While some of the voyage is in fjords and channels with shores on both sides, the "land" while at sea, and some of the glaciers (I have it from reviews) will be visible most from the Port side.

We did not take the second upsell. Besides the location, I really have no urge to feel like (or be treated like) I own the ship... I guess I'm unusual that way? I [I][B]like[/B][/I] to feel like I'm on a ship, even if that means narrow hallways and a small bathroom!

[url=http://www.cruise-ships.com][img]http://ticker.cruise-ships.com/002/40cdb225e0fedaed039027232f0029c5.png[/img][/url][/QUOTE]
I don't really understand. I've been in everything from an inside to the pinnacle suite. I've never once felt like I owned the ship. I think it's more a frame of mind.

OP, don't blame you for passing that up. Sometimes I wonder how they come up with these values.

[quote name='maxout']It was $ 7249 Per Person on top of the fare we have already paid. Perhaps someone bumped their little head??[/QUOTE]

WOW! That is more than the upsell offer I received on the Prinsendam for 30 days! Scary!

[QUOTE]The upsell to a Neptune suite seems reasonable, but as you stated you like the port side better, so you made a good choice. [/QUOTE]

I suppose it was reasonable, if you were hoping for a suite. And the Pinnacle likewise. Way more reasonable that the OP's offer!

However, the balcony (upsell) is already a [I]big [/I]surprise for my mom who is a keen photographer and spent most of her waking hours leaning against the Lido windows on the Statendam to Alaska, where we were in an INSIDE! (Big mistake!) So now we MUST have a balcony! Already looking at a second pass at the Panama Canal, and it will be in a balcony.