Transport from Fort Lauderdale Cruise Port

barb210

1. Taxi (about $15 for the cab) from PE to the closest Tri-Rail station (might be the FLL station);
  2. Ride Tri-Rail train for under $5 each to the MIA airport station http://www.tri-rail.com/
  3. From the MIA airport ride the Sofitel shuttle to the hotel.

You asked for the cheapest! :o

I personally would choose to hop into a taxi and pay the about $80+ fare for the 45+ minute ride and avoid the hassel, but it is your cruise.

Thanks for the reply, I think we'll pass on the Tri Rail option not with an 84 year old and luggage too!!

I didn't know if there was a shuttle or pre bookable taxi that would be good.

You can check with Go Airport, American Shuttle, Super Shuttle, and QLS for shuttle service (SAS does not service the MIA airport area :(), but if there are 3 or more I suspect the taxi will be cheaper.

You could pre-book car service - Go Airport had Town Cars to Miami for about $90+ or Larry's Limos is often sugggested for Miami service; I would also contact the hotel to see if they can suggest a local provider they can recommend.

Try SAS transportation

Also agreed with this. Maybe not the absolute cheapest option. But they aren't horribly expensive either. Plus with an older adult traveling I know that can complicate things at times. They were right on time for our trip and it was so so easy.

Also agreed with this. Maybe not the absolute cheapest option. But they aren't horribly expensive either. Plus with an older adult traveling I know that can complicate things at times. They were right on time for our trip and it was so so easy.

Except SAS does not service the MIA airport or MIA area hotels :( - they go from FLL and FLL area hotels to POM and downtown Miami hotels.

When I have checked in the past with other shuttle companies, the quoted cost per passenger from PE to MIA was about $35+each -- unless you are solo a cab makes more sense to me.

Edited by JohninDC

• 1 year later...

What is the best way to get from the cruise terminal in FLL to the airport. I know they are very close, but I want to find the quickest way to the airport. We've used private transportation companies for past cruises so we wouldn't have to stand in line for a taxi. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

What is the best way to get from the cruise terminal in FLL to the airport. I know they are very close, but I want to find the quickest way to the airport. We've used private transportation companies for past cruises so we wouldn't have to stand in line for a taxi. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks.

get off the ship early & grab a taxi

Taxi is around $15. Max we have waited was 10 minutes when we needed a minivan taxi.

Edited by clarea

Thank you, Bob, for the courteous and helpful reply. Someone mentioned getting off the ship early, but in my past experience you're departure time from the ship is dictated by the ship. Is that not the case? Thanks again.

Most ships have the self-assist option these days where you can carry off your own bags and start leaving the ship very early. If you have that ability, then that can save you significant time.

Thank you, Bob, for the courteous and helpful reply. Someone mentioned getting off the ship early, but in my past experience you're departure time from the ship is dictated by the ship. Is that not the case? Thanks again.

You can put in a time you would like to be off & they do their best to get you off then

If you can carry off your own bags you are in the first group to debark