Free Classic Beverage Package Question

llarsen

Hello,

Just booked our first Celebrity cruise on the Equinox, very excited!

We were given the choice of 2 promotions for our Europe sailing with the 123Go promotion.

I chose the Prepaid Gratuities and Classic Beverage Package. I am wondering if the alcoholic drinks I normally order (margarita, daiquiri, pina colada) are available in that package?

Thank you!

Hello,

We were given the choice of 2 promotions for our Europe sailing with the 123Go promotion.

I chose the Prepaid Gratuities and Classic Beverage Package. I am wondering if the alcoholic drinks I normally order (margarita, daiquiri, pina colada) are available in that package?

Thank you!

Yes.

It might depend on bar. In October on the Summit, I tried to order a daiquiri in the Rendezvous Lounge but could not get it with my Classic package. The previous January in the Silhouette's Ensemble Lounge, it was allowed. I know there had been a price change since January but I was surprised that the package allowances had not changed. Also, we had no problem getting smaller versions of basic martinis in the Martini Bar in January but that wasn't possible in October.

Just ask and your server will let you know.

It might depend on bar. In October on the Summit, I tried to order a daiquiri in the Rendezvous Lounge but could not get it with my Classic package. The previous January in the Silhouette's Ensemble Lounge, it was allowed. I know there had been a price change since January but I was surprised that the package allowances had not changed. Also, we had no problem getting smaller versions of basic martinis in the Martini Bar in January but that wasn't possible in October.

Just ask and your server will let you know.

You should always be able to get a generic daiquiri with the classic package.

Only when you specify high shelf booze should you have a problem.

Hello,

Thank you!

Yes, they all should be included. There may be the rare case that you will have to educate the bartender on what is included but as long as you are using well liquor for the frozen drinks you should not have any problems.

Worst case scenario, you can always upgrade to the premium package once you are on the ship. You don't even have to upgrade on the first day. You can take a look around at the bar menus and wine/beer lists and see if it is worth it to upgrade.

We always upgrade to premium and love it! Our livers on the other hand are not as thrilled :D

Another Classic question: If I want a more expensive wine or spirit drink' date=' can I just pay the up-charge, or do I have to pay the full price?

Thanks.[/quote']

If you have the Classic package then you must pay the FULL amount of the drink if it is not included in classic. If you have the Premium, however, and the drink is above the package, you only pay the difference.

Another reason we always upgrade to premium for those nights we want to try something a bit pricey. We can get a $16 or $18 glass of wine or a $20 scotch and it only costs us a few dollars extra.

Cheers & Happy Cruising!

Another Classic question: If I want a more expensive wine or spirit drink' date=' can I just pay the up-charge, or do I have to pay the full price?

Thanks.[/quote']

If you have classic you need to pay full price for drinks that are not covered. If you have premium you will just have to pay the difference

Steve

Just spoke with Celebrity Rep and it's $11.50 per person per day. Same price pre cruise vs on board, you can book anytime during cruise, and both guests do not need to upgrade. We're probably going to wait until Day 2 and may only upgrade one to Premium

Thank you. Good to know.especially the part about only one person having to upgrade. Pj

Great info here from others...

Let me add a few items that many are not aware of when they are new to Celebrity

Upgrading is easy, you can do it by phone... Or on the ship

You can upgrade Day 1 or see how it goes. Bevvy Pkgs go into effect immediately when you buy them and the daily rate is charged based on how many NIGHTS still remain in your cruise. They are not retroactive. So anything charged on your account... Stays on your account.

The Bevvy Pkgs are not valid for either items in your Room's Mini Bar or ordered from Room Service (want something for back in the room, pick it up on the way... Many stockpile cans of pop, bottled water, or unopened beers "for later")

You can only get one drink at a time (very few exceptions... Getting bottled water when going ashore and at Dinner, when you may have in front of you a Bottle of Water, Cocktail & Wine for Dinner on order)

You cannot share Bevvy Pkgs with anyone. You can however share getting drinks... Another words, one person can take two cards and get 2 drinks.

You are able to bring aboard 2 x 750 ml bottles of wine per cabin. No corkage if you open them in your cabin. Corkage only if you take the bottle to a venue. No rules on bringing a glass of wine from your cabin to elsewhere on the ship (well not technically... Everyone walks around with a drink... And no one asks you where you got it)

Bring your own corkscrew & bottle opener for your cabin

Many cruisers bring insulated sippy cups (aka car coffee mugs). They are great for keeping hot bevvys hot & cold bevvys cold as you move around the ship (and for avoiding spills too)

Cheers!

Great info here from others...

Let me add a few items that many are not aware of when they are new to Celebrity

Upgrading is easy, you can do it by phone... Or on the ship

You can upgrade Day 1 or see how it goes. Bevvy Pkgs go into effect immediately when you buy them and the daily rate is charged based on how many NIGHTS still remain in your cruise. They are not retroactive. So anything charged on your account... Stays on your account.

The Bevvy Pkgs are not valid for either items in your Room's Mini Bar or ordered from Room Service (want something for back in the room, pick it up on the way... Many stockpile cans of pop, bottled water, or unopened beers "for later")

You can only get one drink at a time (very few exceptions... Getting bottled water when going ashore and at Dinner, when you may have in front of you a Bottle of Water, Cocktail & Wine for Dinner on order)

You cannot share Bevvy Pkgs with anyone. You can however share getting drinks... Another words, one person can take two cards and get 2 drinks.

You are able to bring aboard 2 x 750 ml bottles of wine per cabin. No corkage if you open them in your cabin. Corkage only if you take the bottle to a venue. No rules on bringing a glass of wine from your cabin to elsewhere on the ship (well not technically... Everyone walks around with a drink... And no one asks you where you got it)

Bring your own corkscrew & bottle opener for your cabin

Many cruisers bring insulated sippy cups (aka car coffee mugs). They are great for keeping hot bevvys hot & cold bevvys cold as you move around the ship (and for avoiding spills too)

Cheers!

A very nice summation!;)

Thanks.[/quote']

Not sure about wine but if you want a more expensive mixed drink, just give the bartender your seapass card and a $1 tip and ask him if he can make you an $8.00 drink. Never had a problem. I always tip the bartenders $1 each time I order drinks so in a few days they know you and take care of you. Most people are really cheap, as you can tell from the tipping threads, so anyone who tips stands out.

Not sure about wine but if you want a more expensive mixed drink, just give the bartender your seapass card and a $1 tip and ask him if he can make you an $8.00 drink. Never had a problem. I always tip the bartenders $1 each time I order drinks so in a few days they know you and take care of you. Most people are really cheap, as you can tell from the tipping threads, so anyone who tips stands out.

I couldn't pass by making a comment on your last sentence. Even if every single poster on these threads was against tipping, given that it is such a small percentage of cruisers I find it very hard to understand how you could possibly come to your conclusion. You may also not know (or perhaps you do) that the beverage packages already include a 15% tip for the waiters. So to consider someone cheap when they are already tipping 15% seems a bit extreme IMHO. I sometimes tip more for great service, but there really is no need to tip additional unless you feel 15% is somehow ripping off the staff. Given that 15-18% is the norm with tipping in the US, most would not consider that cheap. You are of course welcome to your opinion but I wanted to add some perspective for any new cruisers reading this.

I was wondering about getting Mimosas for breakfast as part of the Classic package. Do I understand that you can not order them from room service with breakfast (we are Aqua Class)? If not what would be the easiest/quickest place to get one on the Summit if we still order breakfast through room service? I would like to enjoy it on our balcony in the morning We are new to Celebrity and the Summit.

I was wondering about getting Mimosas for breakfast as part of the Classic package. Do I understand that you can not order them from room service with breakfast (we are Aqua Class)? If not what would be the easiest/quickest place to get one on the Summit if we still order breakfast through room service? I would like to enjoy it on our balcony in the morning We are new to Celebrity and the Summit.

You are correct bevvy items that typically have an extra charge, and would therefore be included under a Bevvy Pkg ARE NOT COVERED when it is Room Serice or the Inroom Mini Bar.

Easiest / Quickest way ?

Make at least one of Your 2 Bottle wine allowance per cabin (2 x 750 ml) something bubbly... Then you can just mix with OJ from the Room Service Breakfast Menu without having to leave the cabin (Day One talk to your Room Stward about keeping an ice bucket at the ready / topped up ith ice and 2 types Gofton glasses... Wine & Champagne)

If you don't plan ahead then yes you are at the mercy of Room Service Charges (Mimosas appear on the Expanded Breakfast Menu)

Or...

Otherwise, someone is probably going to have to make a trip out to the Ocean View Buffet Bar for Mimosas or Sparkling / Champagne.

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

You are correct bevvy items that typically have an extra charge, and would therefore be included under a Bevvy Pkg ARE NOT COVERED when it is Room Serice or the Inroom Mini Bar.

Easiest / Quickest way ?

Make at least one of Your 2 Bottle wine allowance per cabin (2 x 750 ml) something bubbly... Then you can just mix with OJ from the Room Service Breakfast Menu without having to leave the cabin (Day One talk to your Room Stward about keeping an ice bucket at the ready / topped up ith ice and 2 types Gofton glasses... Wine & Champagne)

If you don't plan ahead then yes you are at the mercy of Room Service Charges (Mimosas appear on the Expanded Breakfast Menu)

Or...

Otherwise, someone is probably going to have to make a trip out to the Ocean View Buffet Bar for Mimosas or Sparkling / Champagne.

Cheers!

That is disappointing. But our aqua class cabin should be close to the buffet. We are on the highest deck. I didn't realize the buffet would have mimosas. As I said we are new to this.

I couldn't pass by making a comment on your last sentence. Even if every single poster on these threads was against tipping, given that it is such a small percentage of cruisers I find it very hard to understand how you could possibly come to your conclusion. You may also not know (or perhaps you do) that the beverage packages already include a 15% tip for the waiters. So to consider someone cheap when they are already tipping 15% seems a bit extreme IMHO. I sometimes tip more for great service, but there really is no need to tip additional unless you feel 15% is somehow ripping off the staff. Given that 15-18% is the norm with tipping in the US, most would not consider that cheap. You are of course welcome to your opinion but I wanted to add some perspective for any new cruisers reading this.

First of all most of these people are getting the Beverage Package for free so are they really tipping anything? That said, I was not necessarily referring to tipping for drinks. If you look at the tipping threads, many people are trying to make the argument that tips should not be required for waiters and stateroom attendants because it should be included in the fare. Then even more people are making the argument that since gratuities have been added to your account, you should NEVER think about leaving any additional gratuitiy at the end of the cruise. I have spoken to many waiters and they have all told stories of people who did not show up on the last night of the cruise to avoid tipping (before gratuities were added to accounts). How many people make the argument that they don't want to take any formal clothes because of baggage fees - worried about an extra $50 on a two or three thousand dollar cruise. Anyhow, my real point was that so few people tip bartenders or servers, that the few who do stand out and can get better service!

First of all most of these people are getting the Beverage Package for free so are they really tipping anything?

Nothing is free - the cost of those "free" beverage packages is built into the cost of your cruise. So yes, everyone is tipping 15%

if you want to tip more have at it but do not say people are not tipping - when it is built into the package

We also have the free drink package. It does have DH's favorite beer ( that's his drink of choice) and my brand of scotch. However, I do enjoy a glass of wine at dinner. Will I be able to get a glass of white wine without much trouble at dinner? Also, I love bloody Mary's by the pool...included?

I am not a big drinker of fancy drinks and don't think I need to upgrade.....Unless those experienced with the beverage thinks it's necessary

Happy cruising!

Nothing is free - the cost of those "free" beverage packages is built into the cost of your cruise. So yes, everyone is tipping 15%

if you want to tip more have at it but do not say people are not tipping - when it is built into the package

Actually you can book the identical cruise at the same or higher price if you are unlucky enough (being kind) to book when the free beverage package is not offered. So which price is it built into. We booked our 10 day Equinox cruise veranda with free beverage package and prepaid gratuities for $1549 pp. Please let me know when you see it offered for $1049 pp.;