How much more will it be if book excursion on boat

michelle.zhang.90

We are going to this five days west caribbean cruise during Christmas on CB. Planning to go with the Princess excursion to see the Mayan ruin. I heard it's usually cheaper to book before, but I'm just thinking if we can book on the boat, maybe we can use the OBC. Does anyone know how much more expensive is it to book on the boat?

:D

Edited by michelle.zhang.90

We are going to this five days west caribbean cruise during Christmas on CB. Planning to go with the Princess excursion to see the Mayan ruin. I heard it's usually cheaper to book before, but I'm just thinking if we can book on the boat, maybe we can use the OBC. Does anyone know how much more expensive is it to book on the boat?

You can reserve - but on pay - ahead of time and take advantage of the (potentially) reduced rate. You aren't charged until you are on the cruise so the cost can be offset by the OBC. We were on a Princess excursion last Thursday (in Jamaica) that I had reserved about 6 weeks in advance for $65 and used OBC to pay. On the ship the same excursion was $69.

You can reserve - but on pay - ahead of time and take advantage of the (potentially) reduced rate. You aren't charged until you are on the cruise so the cost can be offset by the OBC. We were on a Princess excursion last Thursday (in Jamaica) that I had reserved about 6 weeks in advance for $65 and used OBC to pay. On the ship the same excursion was $69.

Thank you! Will book today then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With Princess, you do not pay for an excursion when you book it. The cost will be charged to your onboard account on the ship. So you can use OBC to pay for it whether you book now or on the ship. Since you can cancel until the posted closing time for the excursion, you are better booking now.

With Princess, you do not pay for an excursion when you book it. The cost will be charged to your onboard account on the ship. So you can use OBC to pay for it whether you book now or on the ship. Since you can cancel until the posted closing time for the excursion, you are better booking now.

Thank you for the detailed info! Will book tonight!

I agree to book now. Your price is set, you are sure of getting on the excursion, you can cancel according to the timeframes published in the Patter, and you don't have to pre-pay! It's all good!

We have seen many sold-out excursions once we are onboard and many have been $10 - $20 more. We are sold on booking early!

Happy Cruising!

I'm going to Catalina and Ensenada on the Crown Princess in February 2015. I'm planning on doing my excursion in Catalina by booking directly because I don't see the excursion I want in the excursion book. Also, when I looked at an Alaskan cruise I saw that the cost booking directly with the excursion versus Princess was a lot cheaper.

My questions is: I'm not so sure about booking directly an excursion in Ensenada. I think - not sure - it would be safer to book through Princess in case the excursion is cancelled by the operator. Does that sound right?

I agree to book now. Your price is set, you are sure of getting on the excursion, you can cancel according to the timeframes published in the Patter, and you don't have to pre-pay! It's all good!

We have seen many sold-out excursions once we are onboard and many have been $10 - $20 more. We are sold on booking early!

Happy Cruising!

Thank you! Booked and relaxed!

Happy Cruising!

Actually, I think I worded my question wrong. I should have said is it better to book directly with Princess or directly with the excursion operator.

After looking at the excursion book again for Catalina, I think the excursion I want is offered by Princess (it's the 1950's Flxble bus tour). If this is the same tour then Princess is offering it at more than twice the rate as if I booked directly with the operator. The operator is $45 ($37 for seniors) and Princess is $99 (no discounts).

What are the advantages of booking a tour through the cruise line?

As far as Ensenada is concerned: None of the tours offered really strike our fancy so we'll probably just end up walking around the town.

Actually, I think I worded my question wrong. I should have said is it better to book directly with Princess or directly with the excursion operator.

After looking at the excursion book again for Catalina, I think the excursion I want is offered by Princess (it's the 1950's Flxble bus tour). If this is the same tour then Princess is offering it at more than twice the rate as if I booked directly with the operator. The operator is $45 ($37 for seniors) and Princess is $99 (no discounts).

What are the advantages of booking a tour through the cruise line?

As far as Ensenada is concerned: None of the tours offered really strike our fancy so we'll probably just end up walking around the town.

Be aware that some operators won't allow you to book if you tell them you're on a cruise ship because of reciprocal agreements.

If you are talking about a Mayan ruin at Cozumel be careful. The trip from the mainland is by ferry which had to wait for our Princess sponsored tour both time we were there. When we arrived at the ship, they were waiting for us and the ship sailed before we got to our stateroom.

Figure the ship/princess will charge 100% to 150% more than the cost you could have arranged by contacting tour operators in the specific port.

Use your head and look on the internet for tour operators... no sense on throwing away hard earned money or wasting a on board credit..

I'm going to Catalina and Ensenada on the Crown Princess in February 2015. I'm planning on doing my excursion in Catalina by booking directly because I don't see the excursion I want in the excursion book. Also, when I looked at an Alaskan cruise I saw that the cost booking directly with the excursion versus Princess was a lot cheaper.

My questions is: I'm not so sure about booking directly an excursion in Ensenada. I think - not sure - it would be safer to book through Princess in case the excursion is cancelled by the operator. Does that sound right?

I hope you understand just how dangerous Ensenada is.. It would be safer to stay on the ship. This is a border town with a real crime problem.... I had a friend who told me how safe it was murdered and robbed in broad daylight..

I lived in San Diego for many years and can tell you don't hear 1/10th of the bad stuff that goes on in that region....

There have been incidents where whole tour busses were stopped and robbed.... Safety in numbers Ha! not when your having a AK47 shoved in your face by a cartel member.

besides Drugs, robbery, kidnapping is the new growth industry...

The only reason the ship stops is to fulfill the passenger service act law.

Most ships only stop for 1 to 2 hours and get the heck out, just to make them legal...

Think this through..... real good.

We booked a cruise on line at one price, but on board we were charged a higher price and they refused to honor the online price.

Are you saying you booked the excursion online through Princess and were charged a higher price once onboard? That should not happen! As a precaution, I print out my excursion info and take it along. If they were ever to charge me a higher price, I would have proof.

Sorry that happened to you.