Carnival Corp - loyalty program.

If it does cross lines as per the link, I'd expect it to be reciprocal.

But the down side from that is that it means:

a) people earn quicker

b) many more people get access to the privileges, hence they're less of a privilege

Hence, if it happens, I'd expect they'd either increase the points required to get to tiers, or change to points expiry or similar.

Be careful what you wish for!

Great if the rewards go across all nine lines.:)

But my main concern is if you win the 100 days of cruising do you have to work in the laundry or the kitchen?:D Hopefully you get to choose.:cool:

Karryl

I vote for the kitchen, at least I get to eat and alos punish anyone who eats what I cook.:rolleyes:

If it does cross lines as per the link, I'd expect it to be reciprocal.

But the down side from that is that it means:

a) people earn quicker

b) many more people get access to the privileges, hence they're less of a privilege

Hence, if it happens, I'd expect they'd either increase the points required to get to tiers, or change to points expiry or similar.

Be careful what you wish for!

You may be right. However, it is likely to go the way of RCI and X.

Where any points earned on one line gives reciprocal rights on the other but not in addition to (i.e Elite on X gets Diamond on RCI but the points on that cruise does not add to your X total on to your RCI total).

Where any points earned on one line gives reciprocal rights on the other but not in addition to (i.e Elite on X gets Diamond on RCI but the points on that cruise does not add to your X total on to your RCI total).

I hope that is the way it goes otherwise if I ever do make elite there will be that many of them it will hardly be worth getting the fast pass to the tenders:eek: and imagine how long it would take to get your laundry back on Princess people are already complaining when there are a lot of elites on board.:D

Karryl

I hope that is the way it goes otherwise if I ever do make elite there will be that many of them it will hardly be worth getting the fast pass to the tenders:eek: and imagine how long it would take to get your laundry back on Princess people are already complaining when there are a lot of elites on board.:D

Karryl

There is already that risk. X ended up modifying their program and adding an extra tier ( Elite plus) so that there was an extra goal to aim for and to create another level of exclusivity.:D

That's a way it could go. But as described in the article, where it was a single program with all rewards and earnings into the one program, it's likely to go the other way.

Celebrity and RCI (and Azamara) are completely separate and independent programs, for earnings and rewards purposes.

The only thing is they transfer equivalent status across lines.

There is already that risk. X ended up modifying their program and adding an extra tier ( Elite plus) so that there was an extra goal to aim for and to create another level of exclusivity.:D

Two extra tiers actually! And that's just in programs where equivalence exists.

Hence, earnings rates for awards would go way up in a combined model, or they'll expire old points.

Two extra tiers actually! And that's just in programs where equivalence exists.

Hence, earnings rates for awards would go way up in a combined model, or they'll expire old points.

Combining points earned will increase the number in the higher status's much quicker unless they have counter methods like the point expiry you mentioned. There are any number of ways they could go, until they actually release the new program we won't know. Still I think that anything that encourages you to use there product by giving a bonus is only part of product, you need to be happy with their total product and be getting value.:D

Just my opinion, but if Princess had gone with number of nights instead of

no of cruises as well there would be far less elites. We are elite with no of

nights.:D

They do both and you are right, some people rack up the cruises much quicker than the nights.:D

I would think the loyalty programs would be global as Carnival Corp has it's ships with all the differing cruise lines world wide.:D

They explicitly said P&O Aust is part of the new initiative, so it would cover all their ships here, not just P&O.

They explicitly said P&O Aust is part of the new initiative, so it would cover all their ships here, not just P&O.

Correct,

Lines participating in the effort include Carnival Cruise Lines, Holland America Line, Princess Cruises, Seabourn, AIDA Cruises, Costa Cruises, Cunard, P&O Cruises (Australia) and P&O Cruises (UK).:D

I should win the 100 nights because people say that I'm really good at twitter ... well I'm often told that I'm a great big twit, so I presume that's what they mean.

I'm sure there would be a few people in the running if that is what they mean.:D

Karryl

I recently did a Princess cruise as an ELITE passenger. I thoroughly enjoyed certain of the privileges - but especially the free minibar first refill!! :) The priority boarding wasn't of much benefit - as it took longer to get onboard in the priority line than in the commoners line.

We kept getting letters in our cabin addressed to us, thanking us for "coming home once again" and for our loyalty, etc.

I thought that this was all pretty good - considering it was our first cruise with Princess.

Barry

I recently did a Princess cruise as an ELITE passenger. I thoroughly enjoyed certain of the privileges - but especially the free minibar first refill!! :) The priority boarding wasn't of much benefit - as it took longer to get onboard in the priority line than in the commoners line.

We kept getting letters in our cabin addressed to us, thanking us for "coming home once again" and for our loyalty, etc.

I thought that this was all pretty good - considering it was our first cruise with Princess.

Barry

Yes it is very nice, on our first Princess cruise, they welcomed us back and we thought *** and then remembered they were affiliated with P&O and had recognised that. No such recognition the other way though (back on P&O), so that may be nice. We cruise Cunard next year so who knows what response we will get.:D