b2b cruises

hardyz13

This is the first time doing a b2b cruise and I'm trying to gain all the info I can. My fiance'e and I are planning on getting married on the first cruise, Independence out of ft laud. on may 10th. It gets back on the 17th at 7am. My question is since we can't do the Oasis (leaves the day before we get back) is it possible to drive up to port canaveral in time? Freedom leaves at 4:30, I figure if you do the earliest self depart on Independance, get a car 2 1/2 hr trip and then taxi to port. Does this seem do able? Anyone have any tips that have done this before? Thank you.

This is the first time doing a b2b cruise and I'm trying to gain all the info I can. My fiance'e and I are planning on getting married on the first cruise, Independence out of ft laud. on may 10th. It gets back on the 17th at 7am. My question is since we can't do the Oasis (leaves the day before we get back) is it possible to drive up to port canaveral in time? Freedom leaves at 4:30, I figure if you do the earliest self depart on Independance, get a car 2 1/2 hr trip and then taxi to port. Does this seem do able? Anyone have any tips that have done this before? Thank you.

Yes, you should be able to make it. I'd budget about 3 hours for the trip. I'd also add another hour for picking up and dropping the car and associated shuttles. I also agree that you should do self-assist disembarkation.

Edited by clarea

It is very doable. It's worth it for the Freedom. You could also stay on the Independence for the same itinerary as the Freedom except for Jamaica and 1 day less. Having done a b2b on Independence and also on Independence and getting off and getting on Allure(in Europe on your trip) I would pick Freedom. That would be a great 15 day trip with different shows.

It is very doable. It's worth it for the Freedom. You could also stay on the Independence for the same itinerary as the Freedom except for Jamaica and 1 day less. Having done a b2b on Independence and also on Independence and getting off and getting on Allure(in Europe on your trip) I would pick Freedom. That would be a great 15 day trip with different shows.

The Indy is actually doing all 7 day itineraries in May 2015. The OP is doing the 7 day Eastern on the Indy visiting San Juan, St Maarten and St Kitts and could stay on board and do the 7 day Western visiting Labadee, Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. If they switched to the Freedom they would be doing another 7 day Eastern visiting Coco Cay, St Thomas and St Maarten.

I would stay on board the Indy and save the hassle of spending your day racing from one port to another. On the Freedom you would have already visited St. Maarten and there is a chance you could miss Coco Cay.

We did this last month, we got off the Oasis TA (luckily just before it went slower with debarkation) at 0710, we reserved a car through Budget, their shuttle was at the port just after 0800, we were in the hire car and on the road by 0835, the slowest part was Monday mornng Fort Lauderdale traffice, we headed straight up I95 and got the the Budget location in Port Canaveral just after 12, shuttle was prompt and we were on the ship about 1240. Happy cruising. BTW, we sailed on Enchantment and not Freedom, not sure if this would make a difference.

We did this last month, we got off the Oasis TA (luckily just before it went slower with debarkation) at 0710, we reserved a car through Budget, their shuttle was at the port just after 0800, we were in the hire car and on the road by 0835, the slowest part was Monday mornng Fort Lauderdale traffice, we headed straight up I95 and got the the Budget location in Port Canaveral just after 12, shuttle was prompt and we were on the ship about 1240. Happy cruising. BTW, we sailed on Enchantment and not Freedom, not sure if this would make a difference.

Do you recall the location of the Budget office you used? Airport or otherwise?

Thanks for all the help. Well, right now we are stuck with the one week on Indy. Wife is trying to get the 2nd week off of work. We would stay on Indy, but we have been to those ports already. We were thinking of getting married in St Martin, that way the second time we could actually explore. I think we are going to hold off on the honeymoon and do the 9 night Liberty out of Galveston on Nov 13th.