Help us pick a cruise!

maxwell'sparents

DW and i are trying to pick our next (4th) cruise. We've limited it 3 cruises next summer..

Breeze to southern. Grand Turk, La Romana, Aruba, curaçao. 8 days

Sunshine to southern. Aruba, curaçao, grand Turk. 8 days

Victory to western. b2b 9 days (4/5). Key west, Cozumel / Jamaica, grand cayman.

All the ports will be new to us except grand turk on the southern routes.

All 3 ships will be new to us. We were on the Liberty in august and loved Guys burgers but missed the layout and serenity pool of the Pride.

Price per day is about the same.

Which would you do/prefer?

DW and i are trying to pick our next (4th) cruise. We've limited it 3 cruises next summer..

Breeze to southern. Grand Turk' date=' La Romana, Aruba, curaçao. 8 days

Victory to western. b2b 9 days (4/5). Key west, Cozumel / Jamaica, grand cayman.

All 3 ships will be new to us. We were on the Liberty in august and loved Guys burgers but missed the layout and serenity pool of the Pride.

Which would you do/prefer?[/quote']

My first pick would be Sunshine. Second would be Breeze. Southern Caribbean is a nice change of pace. You can do western Caribbean anytime. :)

There's my 2 cents.

I would vote for the Breeze, hands down. You really lose part of a day with the back to back, so the 9 day really becomes a 8 day anyway. I have no desire to sail on the Destiny with more people and less public space. (Lipstick on a pig and all of that....lol)

I am looking forward to trying out the Breeze and would love a Cove balcony for the 1st time...and the itinerary looks wonderful.

Breeze to southern. Grand Turk' date=' La Romana, Aruba, curaçao. 8 days

Which would you do/prefer?[/quote']

Just off the Breeze 11/16. I love Aruba, Curacao,Grand Turk. Choosing between ships... Breeze. Enjoy!

\I have no desire to sail on the Destiny with more people and less public space. (Lipstick on a pig and all of that....lol)

i just want to say that i agree with that in terms of the carnival destiny / sunshine.

carnival destiny was my first ship and will always have a place in my heart - i think it may have been my favorite cruise for that reason, but i absolutely do not agree with what they did with her in transforming her to sunshine.

i think it was a major faux pas on their part, and should not be done to any other ship. as much as i would like to sail her again 'just to see the changes' i know from my own analysis that they were very bad decisions implemented (in terms of the theater, adding too many new cabins, etc.), and i believe i would pick any ship other than sunshine, for the most part.

i just want to say that i agree with that in terms of the carnival destiny / sunshine.

carnival destiny was my first ship and will always have a place in my heart - i think it may have been my favorite cruise for that reason, but i absolutely do not agree with what they did with her in transforming her to sunshine.

i think it was a major faux pas on their part, and should not be done to any other ship. as much as i would like to sail her again 'just to see the changes' i know from my own analysis that they were very bad decisions implemented (in terms of the theater, adding too many new cabins, etc.), and i believe i would pick any ship other than sunshine, for the most part.

Agree with this and most other posters. Breeze is on my bucket list. Sunshine, not so much.

Have been to all the ports, but on only one of the ships so far (Sunshine is next on 1/3/15).

Love the itinerary for the Southern route, although could do without La Romania, it was just ok.

In all fairness, we only went snorkeling so saw just the port area, but in doing our research was not impressed with the excursion options there.

The Breeze is a great ship with so much to offer. Even if you missed all the ports, it would be a great vacation spot- wish I could say something about the other ships...

I would love, love, love to go back to Aruba and Curacao. Great ports! Have fun:)

BTW, we did one of the island highlight tours by bus in Aruba and a city tour in Curacao (the train) along with an evening on our own to the swing bridge and over to the riverfront outdoor bar area where we enjoyed live music and a beer before hopping on the water taxi back across. Highly recommend these activities, we had so much fun there.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app