Princess Captains Cirrcle Platinum Benefits

Travel Hunter

We don't cruise because of the perks, but the perks are one of the things that we weigh when it comes to deciding which cruise to take. I'm looking at a Holland America cruise for DH's spring break in March. It's time for us to stray away from Princess again. We'll miss our perks but we also enjoy what HAL has to offer.

...Most people I know don't cruise because of perks.

I agree, however I have met people doing B2B2Bs on the same short itinerary just to get to Elite. I choose cruises for itinerary first, cruise line second.

If I had sailed only Princess over the years, I would have made Elite long ago. Instead, I just made Platinum. I am okay with that, although priority tendering would be nice if CCL ever decides to combine loyalty programs with HAL and the others.

Edited by Ryndam2002

I meet a lot of people who don't drink and others whose lives don't revolve around alcohol. It IS a matter of priorities. Most people I know don't cruise because of perks.

You are correct. But even if you don't drink you can have some snacks, sodas, juices or virgin drinks.

For us, the Princess program FAR outshines the others. We are almost Platinum on RCC (which will apply to Celebrity), but haven't found that 8-day cruise. And there is no real incentive in the program to do so. I just looked over the RCC member benefits and see NO "free drinks". Oh, we will get the use of a robe. Which is available for even first time cruisers on Princess.

Edited by UpcountryTravelers

For us, the Princess program FAR outshines the others. We are almost Platinum on RCC (which will apply to Celebrity), but haven't found that 8-day cruise. And there is no real incentive in the program to do so. I just looked over the RCC member benefits and see NO "free drinks". Oh, we will get the use of a robe. Which is available for even first time cruisers on Princess.

We are talking about Elites (equivalent to Diamond (Plus)) on Royal Caribbean, and not below those levels.

You don't get much for "Platinum" on either RCCL or Princess...

But, on Princess, you are still 10 cruises away from Elite...On RCCL, you are only around 5 cruises from Diamond...and, at Diamond, there are FREE drinks every night from 5:00 to 8:30...At that benefit, RCCL is head and shoulders above Princess...

NO cruise line gives you a lot of benefits at lower levels of their program...The idea is to incentivize you to do a LOT of cruises with them...Princess gives you some free internet at 5...and free laundry and a very small minibar package at 15...RCCL gives you free drinks at 10...Celebrity gives you free drinks, free laundry and a smaller internet package at 10 (though RCCL and Celebrity recently changed their systems to go by number of nights and nights/categories to reward people for longer cruises and more expensive cabins and keep people from reaching levels by booking 3 night cruises in inside cabins)...

You can be elite on Princess with what, 48 cruise days?

Not even close...

It's 5 cruises or 50 nights to PLATINUM...

15 cruises or 150 to ELITE...

You've really got to do ALL long cruises to get to the number of nights ahead of the number of cruises...

We're at Platinum with 26 nights on 5 cruises...a 10, a 7 and three 3s...

150 and Elite by number of nights would require averaging almost 14 nights a cruise over the next nine...

Edited by Bruin Steve

Not even close...

It's 5 cruises or 50 nights to PLATINUM...

15 cruises or 150 to ELITE...

You've really got to do ALL long cruises to get to the number of nights ahead of the number of cruises...

We're at Platinum with 26 nights on 5 cruises...a 10, a 7 and three 3s...

150 and Elite by number of nights would require averaging almost 14 nights a cruise over the next nine...

On Princess, you are elite beginning on your 16th cruise.

Princess does offer 3 night cruises, so potentially 15x3 = 45 days.

You wouldn't be Elite until the next cruise (16), which could also be 3 days, so 48 days.

However, Princess gives double credits for singles, so I guess it could really be as little as 24 days (over 8 cruises) to Elite.

If you can double dip (suite and single) then each cruise could count as 3 cruises, so 5 cruises would bring you to 15 cruises and you would be Elite on the next. 5 three day cruises would be 15 days. :)

IF being the operative word CAPTAIN.

Mike;)

While I suppose any free beenfit is good.....it really does not seem that Princess gives enough away to be worth too much plotting to reach elite status.....my opinion

The "if" is if you can book those cruises in a suite as a single. If you can travel that way, then Princess will allow the 3 credits per cruise.

While I suppose any free beenfit is good.....it really does not seem that Princess gives enough away to be worth too much plotting to reach elite status.....my opinion

I do not know how many people plot to make Elite and how many just get there through years of regular cruising. However, some of the elite benefits are very worthwhile.

o Free laundry/cleaning. Saves time and money if you otherwise would use the laundromat or even more money if you would otherwise have let Princess do the laundry/cleaning.

o A significant number of free internet minutes based on length of the cruise (actually starts with Platinum status). Used to be unlimited use, but too many people abused the benefit by allowing friends without the required status to use the benefit. Also as more and more passengers brought their own wifi devices on a cruise, the available bandwidth was not enough to support uinlimited use.

o 10% off on anything purchased in the boutiques

o Tender to shore priority in tender ports.

Edited by caribill

Yea, I said there was some benefit...but a minisuite gives you this stuff ...right? and a room that you can turn around in...and they are not that expensive.

I do not know how many people plot to make Elite and how many just get there through years of regular cruising. However, some of the elite benefits are very worthwhile.

o Free laundry/cleaning. Saves time and money if you otherwise would use the laundromat or even more money if you would otherwise have let Princess do the laundry/cleaning.

o A significant number of free internet minutes based on length of the cruise (actually starts with Platinum status). Used to be unlimited use, but too many people abused the benefit by allowing friends without the required status to use the benefit. Also as more and more passengers brought their own wifi devices on a cruise, the available bandwidth was not enough to support uinlimited use.

o 10% off on anything purchased in the boutiques

o Tender to shore priority in tender ports.

Yea, I said there was some benefit...but a minisuite gives you this stuff ...right? and a room that you can turn around in...and they are not that expensive.

A mini suite does not give the perks. You need a full suite for that. Suite does not give you free internet minutes.

A mini suite does not give the perks. You need a full suite for that. Suite does not give you free internet minutes.

Right. For those new to Princess, their calling them "mini-suites" is a bit misleading. They are really just a large or deluxe balcony cabin. Compared to a standard balcony cabin, they have a small sitting area with a couch and second TV, and a larger bath with tub, but no suite perks.

Edited by Ryndam2002

Mike;)

So \IF in theory I got a large enough Lotto win, I could take here in Australia 2 separate Melbourne-Sydney cruises, and 2 Sydney-Melbourne and a 4 day Auckland-Melbourne cruise in a Window Suite, totalling 5 cruises to reach Elite.

If I remember the Captain's Circle levels correctly:

I would qualify Gold after my 1st cruise.

2nd cruise qualifies for Ruby.

3rd cruise qualifies for Platinum and

After the 5th cruise I would walk off the ship having achieved Elite status?

Wow! Realistically, the chances of me winning Lotto are slim, but I sure would like to have that headache! *wicked giggles* I'm sure there'd be plenty of cruises suggested-Alaska with a friend to see the polar bears comes to mind; the Caribbean, realise I might need to use the Royal to get an itinerary, but after qualifying as an Elite, I'd gain a Balcony with Disabled Access. Which is vital for me. When I saw, after a prompt from a friend, just how little the price difference was, I decided, if the Window Suite is available when I go in to book, I'm grabbing it!

Does anyone know if it is possible to invite friends who are not travelling in your stateroom to afternoon tea as your guests please? I'd take advantage of what I was entitled to, but not push the boundaries.

Mike;)

So IF in theory I got a large enough Lotto win, I could take here in Australia 2 separate Melbourne-Sydney cruises, and 2 Sydney-Melbourne and a 4 day Auckland-Melbourne cruise in a Window Suite, totalling 5 cruises to reach Elite.

If I remember the Captain's Circle levels correctly:

I would qualify Gold after my 1st cruise.

2nd cruise qualifies for Ruby.

3rd cruise qualifies for Platinum and

After the 5th cruise I would walk off the ship having achieved Elite status?

Wow! Realistically, the chances of me winning Lotto are slim, but I sure would like to have that headache! *wicked giggles* I'm sure there'd be plenty of cruises suggested-Alaska with a friend to see the polar bears comes to mind; the Caribbean, realise I might need to use the Royal to get a wanted itinerary, but after qualifying as an Elite, I'd gain a Balcony with Disabled Access. Which is vital for me. When I saw, after a prompt from a friend, just how little the price difference was, I decided, if the Window Suite is available when I go in to book, I'm grabbing it!

Does anyone know if it is possible to invite friends who are not travelling in your stateroom to afternoon tea as your guests please? I'd take advantage of what I was entitled to, but not push the boundaries.

Crochetcruise :cool:

I guess it's fine if you are doing all the cruises and they give you the status at some point...what i am saying is that it seems a bit much with people talking about hypothetical stringing of 3 day cruises and the like to gel some free laundry a single complimentary minibar fillup and some internet minutes....oh yes.....10% off the boutique...never bought anything in the ship boutiques myself.......I have on my admittedly few number of cruises always been in a full suite and to be honest....would not seriously miss any of the perks on princess...ok to have...I try to stay off the internet when on vacation....minibar yeah...I use them....just saying....well...meh

:cool:

Michael

Right. For those new to Princess, their calling them "mini-suites" is a bit misleading. They are really just a large or deluxe balcony cabin. Compared to a standard balcony cabin, they have a small sitting area with a couch and second TV, and a larger bath with tub, but no suite perks.