The upsell we couldn't refuse... Neptuning it to Hawaii

shrimp56

Question from a virgin Neptuner: do all ship's do the Pinnacle breakfast? In two weeks we're on the Westerdam.

Westerdam had a great PG last time we were on! and different entertainment. As much as we prefer the smaller ships, this is one Vista we took a huge liking to and are returning in April. Hope you do too. Have fun!

Westerdam had a great PG last time we were on! and different entertainment. As much as we prefer the smaller ships, this is one Vista we took a huge liking to and are returning in April. Hope you do too. Have fun!

Thank you. Our first HAL cruise was on the Westerdam the old Westerdam. And then we cruised her again. We love all our cruises; except two that were awful and one was on a line that no longer exists. The other goes way back to 1980 and they couldn't pay me to cruise ***** (5 letters in the name) again.

Congratulations, isn't it exciting to be "suite folk"? We just came off the Nieuw Amsterdam trans-Atlantic where we were in a Neptune Suite thanks to the "upsell fairy". We felt like the king and queen from the frozen tundra for the entire sailing, and I'm sure you will, too.

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Stephen, either it's too early, lack of coffee, or my brain is in "underload." Please elaborate.

:)

You said:

"We love all our cruises; except two that were awful and one was on a line that no longer exists. The other goes way back to 1980 and they couldn't pay me to cruise ***** (5 letters in the name) again.

Pia"

1980... what (5 letters name)

Back then it could have been 'March' Shipping the other name with 5 letters might be 'Costa'?

Back then their ships were ANGELINA, FEDERICO C, & CARLA C.

Which one gave you a bad name.

Stephen

:)

You said:

"We love all our cruises; except two that were awful and one was on a line that no longer exists. The other goes way back to 1980 and they couldn't pay me to cruise ***** (5 letters in the name) again.

Pia"

1980... what (5 letters name)

Back then it could have been 'March' Shipping the other name with 5 letters might be 'Costa'?

Back then their ships were ANGELINA, FEDERICO C, & CARLA C.

Which one gave you a bad name.

Stephen

You got it!

Sounds wonderful!! The only trouble is how can you ever go back to the other cabins? I would be SO spoiled after that. :rolleyes:

LOL, That happened to me back in about 2004. Got a free up grade to a Neptune and have to have one ever sense . They got me trapped LOL

[quote name='Topsham']CARLA C!

LOL!!!!!

Was it Costa at that time or at Princess? For a while she had the Costa name but was marketing as PRINCESS CARLA.

She was originally the French Line's FLANDRE.

Stephen[/QUOTE]

Oh no, for sure not Princess. Otherwise they too would have gotten on my "list." ;)

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Couldn't you have just gone to the dining room for breakfast, instead of the Pinnacle? [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]
[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Yes I did, Ruth after the first morning. However on Morning two when MDR saw my gold key card they informed me I should be in the Pinnicle. :rolleyes: Told them I'd rather be in MDR sitting with other people. I am a people person. I strongly feel the Pinnicle is highly over-rated for all 3 meals - ain't what it used to be.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='solocanadian'][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Yes I did, Ruth after the first morning. However on Morning two when MDR saw my gold key card they informed me I should be in the Pinnicle. :rolleyes: Told them I'd rather be in MDR sitting with other people. I am a people person. I strongly feel the Pinnicle is highly over-rated for all 3 meals - ain't what it used to be.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]
[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I do hope he seated you as you wished.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[quote name='RuthC'][FONT="Comic Sans MS"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I do hope he seated you as you wished.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

[B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Yes he did, thanks. He remembered me the rest of the mornings and I was always seated with interesting, nice people. Just wish they could have cooked an egg with a soft yolk. Even omelets were overcooked and very brown on the bottom.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

[quote name='solocanadian'][B][SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"]Yes he did, thanks. He remembered me the rest of the mornings and I was always seated with interesting, nice people. Just wish they could have cooked an egg with a soft yolk. [B][COLOR="Red"] Even omelets were overcooked and very brown on the bottom[/COLOR][/B].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/QUOTE]

He must have been expecting me. That's exactly how I like my omelets. :)