P&O Cruiselings Ads

Spoke to my travel agent about these cruislings ads, and he said they are targeting females 35 and under, go figure ?

My daughter did not seem to think that being harassed by piggy backing drunken yobbos while jogging and attraction to book on thie ship.

On the "plus" side (size) - they were rather smartly/elegantly dressed for dinner - not one over a size 10 (women) mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm if they can turn my double sized 10 into a single size 10.....might consider it :p and risk being clobbered by a random lettuce leaf :eek: After all - isn't this cruise going to make my dreams come true? Bring it on :rolleyes:

Edited by dizzy1948

On the "plus" side (size) - they were rather smartly/elegantly dressed for dinner

That's what confuses me the most. Based on their clothing choices, the people in the ad appear to be extremely affluent. Yet they behave like bratty children. Surely childish, glamourous people make up only a very small percentage of the population?

Speaking of children (actual children that is), the ad doesn't appear to target families at all.

IMO, P&O's prices are more appealing and competitive when you look at filling a cabin with 4 people. However, it doesn't seem they are that interested in filling their cabins with families anymore, just rich brats on schoolies.

Edited by oskarNZ

That's what confuses me the most. Based on their clothing choices, the people in the ad appear to be extremely affluent. Yet they behave like bratty children. Surely childish, glamourous people make up only a very small percentage of the population?

Speaking of children (actual children that is), the ad doesn't appear to target families at all.

IMO, P&O's prices are more appealing and competitive when you look at filling a cabin with 4 people. However, it doesn't seem they are that interested in filling their cabins with families anymore, just rich brats on schoolies.

You may be right but there are lots of single females looking for safe but raucous adventures. Perhaps they are after the Bali/phuket crowd. :rolleyes:

I can see why they would target that group, but I fail to see how the ads target that demographic.

Feel exactly the same way, if anything I think Royals new add would target that demographic a LOT better. It mentions being crazy and being lazy, most under 35 females and even males would be sold already on that :p

I fit in the age bracket there (although not female) and I find that the cruiseling advertisement in no way whatsoever appealing, it's everything I don't want on a holiday... people being immature brats disrupting my holiday! hahah :rolleyes:

Feel exactly the same way, if anything I think Royals new add would target that demographic a LOT better. It mentions being crazy and being lazy, most under 35 females and even males would be sold already on that :p

I fit in the age bracket there (although not female) and I find that the cruiseling advertisement in no way whatsoever appealing, it's everything I don't want on a holiday... people being immature brats disrupting my holiday! hahah :rolleyes:

Agreed, although not all U35s are lazy and/or crazy.:rolleyes:

i haven read the whole thread but i just read on facebook that p&o is banning smoking on deck 12 of the Pacific Dawn but dont know if its to be across the fleet

non smokers might say thats good but the smokers will go else where if they cant smoke onboard

i haven read the whole thread but i just read on facebook that p&o is banning smoking on deck 12 of the Pacific Dawn but dont know if its to be across the fleet

non smokers might say thats good but the smokers will go else where if they cant smoke onboard

Personally I think that is a good thing that there are both large areas that are smoke free but also that there are still areas to cater for the smokers. I agree that smoking areas are becoming more and more limited on board and if it becomes too restrictive they will go elsewhere.:D

I wonder if it's something to do with the new pool deck that's been installed in dry dock (to make it similar to what the Aria and Eden pool decks will look like)...

I wonder if it's something to do with the new pool deck that's been installed in dry dock (to make it similar to what the Aria and Eden pool decks will look like)...

i dont know but on facebook there's some unhappy cruisers and p&o wont respond if its true or not

i saw this on facebook about the smoking on the p&o ships

We have indeed changed the smoking areas for Pacific Dawn after last weeks dry-dock here in Sydney. The smoking areas on our three ships are now as follows:

Pearl : Starboard side Deck 7, 12 and fwd end by Dome Deck 14

Jewel : Starboard side Deck 7, 12 and fwd end of Dome Deck 14

Dawn : Starboard side Deck 7 and Fwd end by Dome Deck 14

The decision to remove deck 12 as a designated smoking area onboard Pacific Dawn was not made lightly, we had received a number of complaints that the smoke was remaining in the area and guests were being forced to walk through the smoking areas to get to Plantation Restaurant. We also took into consideration the fact that deck 12 is the main family area onboard (with both swimming pools here) in addition to deck 12 being a busy food and beverage area with multiple venues (including The Grill, Ice Cream Parlour etc).

I hope this helps! I would be happy to hear your thoughts on the changes and I would be most willing to pass them on internally on your behalf

To me it makes sense but then I am not a smoker. As long as the smokers still have an area to go to then I don't see a huge issue.:D

i dont smoke either but it looks like the non smokers are getting their way

on princess they have a small area on deck 12 but they still have some shade

time will tell what will happens if the bookings drop off

I saw the add and must say this is one of the most brilliant adds I have seen, I can watch it again and again and not get bored with it. From the start it is clever and different. Have also looked at the RCL add which seems to fit more the norm, however that one does not grab me as innovative.

I have now decided to refer myself to being a cruiseling and hope my earthling friends will come on the journey.

I saw the add and must say this is one of the most brilliant adds I have seen, I can watch it again and again and not get bored with it. From the start it is clever and different. Have also looked at the RCL add which seems to fit more the norm, however that one does not grab me as innovative.

I have now decided to refer myself to being a cruiseling and hope my earthling friends will come on the journey.

Hahaha......enjoy being a cruiseling!

Thanks, I love it, before being a Cruiseling I was a CruiseAholic, now I have found my true identity, I am a Cruiseling. I love the beginning of the add, just like 2001 A Space Odyssey, that is so well done.:)

We have indeed changed the smoking areas for Pacific Dawn after last weeks dry-dock here in Sydney. The smoking areas on our three ships are now as follows:

The decision to remove deck 12 as a designated smoking area onboard Pacific Dawn was not made lightly, we had received a number of complaints that the smoke was remaining in the area and guests were being forced to walk through the smoking areas to get to Plantation Restaurant. We also took into consideration the fact that deck 12 is the main family area onboard (with both swimming pools here) in addition to deck 12 being a busy food and beverage area with multiple venues (including The Grill, Ice Cream Parlour etc).

I hope this helps! I would be happy to hear your thoughts on the changes and I would be most willing to pass them on internally on your behalf

Smokers are a reducing minority and the health of the non-smokers must be protected. I can see the day when a dedicated room, as found in some Hotels and Airports, could be the only option when cruising.

Edited by By The Bay

Smokers are a reducing minority and the health of the non-smokers must be protected. I can see the day when a dedicated room, as found in some Hotels and Airports, could be the only option when cruising.

My daughter did not seem to think that being harassed by piggy backing drunken yobbos while jogging and attraction to book on thie ship.

So, another benefit of living in regional NSW - NO CRUISELING ADS here! No Royal Caribbean ones either. We do see some Carnival ones though!

Gae

So, another benefit of living in regional NSW - NO CRUISELING ADS here! No Royal Caribbean ones either. We do see some Carnival ones though!

Gae

That is sad, as I am sure a lot of regional people would enjoy cruising too, especially when working and living on the land a cruise would be a great break for them.

WE ARE THE CRUISELINGS :)

Yes, horrible, horrible places that would encourage any smoker to give up.