A few questions about Silhouette

MsJ

Hello,

Just 2 weeks ago we booked the Silhouette leaving a week from today Nov 30. We have cruised many time. This will be our 4th Celebrity cruise---Mercury 2000, Constellation 2003 and Eclipse 2012. I have searched here and on the website but cant find the answer to my question about the drinks package and I have read a ton of them:)..

When we were on the Eclipse in order to buy the drinks package both passengers in cabin had to buy it. Is that still the policy or can one person in the cabin buy it now? I understand the issue about buying one but getting drinks for two but one passenger has no interest in the package and the other one(me) does.

Also will the ship be decorated for Christmas? We usually cruise in February as I was teaching and would go on vacation week. I am now retired and so we have the freedom to go when we want and at the last minute as we are doing next week. I would love to see a ship decorated for Christmas.

Thank you

Marianne

The only time that Celebrity is fussy about who has what Bevvy Pkg is when you book using a Promo (ie 123Go - Pick Your Perk - All In) then BOTH people in the cabin MUST CHOOSE the same option(s)... Ie Classic Bevvy Pkg - Daily Grats - or Cabin OBC

Otherwise it does not matter...

One can Upgrade to Premium, or one can have No Bevvy Pkg at all, or buy one of the many others that Celebrity offers (Water - Pop - Non Alcohol etc)

So the first Question for your situation is did you get a Bevvy Pkg with your Booking ?

If NO (which I suspect might be the case with a Last Minute Booking Deal) ... Then you are free to do / choose as you wish

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

Ps... By all accounts Xmas Decorations seem to go up almost immediately after / during Thanksgiving... So you should be able to see / enjoy them on your cruise

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

I'm on your cruise, and did the same timing last year.

Last year, they started decorating while the cruise was underway, and it was complete by the time the cruise was over.

I imagine they load on the decorations as we board to start the process.

Thanks for the info everyone. I thought when we were on the Eclipse in 2012 that everyone in the cabin had to get the drinks package. We were on the NCL Jewel in 2013 and the NCL Breakaway this year. Maybe it was the NCL ships that had this policy. I have not booked a package as I don't think I would drink enough to make it worth it. We are planning on getting the wine special. We did that on the Eclipse and it worked well for us. We usually don't have drinks until "cocktail hour" which for us its about 6pm. Anyway thinks for info and I am looking forward to seeing the ship decorated for Christmas.

I think that in 2012 all cabin people had to have the same package, but that has since been relaxed. My 1st cruise was January 2013, and I remember that was the case when I purchased it then for me and my cabin mate.

I think that in 2012 all cabin people had to have the same package, but that has since been relaxed. My 1st cruise was January 2013, and I remember that was the case when I purchased it then for me and my cabin mate.

Thats what I thought about the Eclipse. I think it makes more sense to let just the person who want it make the purchase.

Thanks.

Marianne

I have sailed several times the week after Thanksgiving, and sometimes the ship was being decorated and sometimes it was not. I think it depends on when Thanksgiving falls, as well as perhaps the decision of the Captain or someone on the ship. I wonder if the cut-off is actually Dec. 1. On our cruise two years ago I think it was, Thanksgiving was very early and I don't think we had any decorations on that trip at all. Conversely, I remember sailing Solstice for the first time the week after Thanksgiving and specifically remember being in absolute awe of not just the new class of ship, but the beauty multiplied by all the lovely decorations. I am sailing on Summit this Saturday and am keeping my fingers crossed. I love sailing on a decorated ship.

I have sailed several times the week after Thanksgiving, and sometimes the ship was being decorated and sometimes it was not. I think it depends on when Thanksgiving falls, as well as perhaps the decision of the Captain or someone on the ship. I wonder if the cut-off is actually Dec. 1. On our cruise two years ago I think it was, Thanksgiving was very early and I don't think we had any decorations on that trip at all. Conversely, I remember sailing Solstice for the first time the week after Thanksgiving and specifically remember being in absolute awe of not just the new class of ship, but the beauty multiplied by all the lovely decorations. I am sailing on Summit this Saturday and am keeping my fingers crossed. I love sailing on a decorated ship.

I think you are correct, our 1st cruise was over Thanksgiving but it was an early Thanksgiving that year and the ship was not decorated. But this year it is late and I suspect you will find them decorating the ship as you sail!!!:)

I'm on your cruise, and did the same timing last year.

Last year, they started decorating while the cruise was underway, and it was complete by the time the cruise was over.

I imagine they load on the decorations as we board to start the process.

I think the decorations are stored somewhere on board, year round. Reason being, we've been on two S class sailings when Xmas decor was going up... A TA & Med in very late Nov/early December... can't imagine them shipping the decorations to Rome. I guess I could be wrong though.

xmassolstice1.jpg

I think the decorations are stored somewhere on board, year round. Reason being, we've been on two S class sailings when Xmas decor was going up... A TA & Med in very late Nov/early December... can't imagine them shipping the decorations to Rome. I guess I could be wrong though.

Oh thank you for the pics. It looks so beautiful and magical.

Oh thank you for the pics. It looks so beautiful and magical.

You're very welcome :)

It was fun waking up each morning to see what the "elves" had decorated in the night.

Enjoy!

I noticed the people putting the decorations up had name tags from a 3rd party company, so I kind of assume Celebrity, like many large businesses, actually rents the decorations and pays a fee for the companies to come put them up.