Mitsugirly's extensive back to belly sun & sky review

mitsugirly

Thanks so much for another wonderful review and all your great pics. Hope you're not doing too many 12hr shifts @the hospital... they sure can ware you down.

Anyway, I'm getting very excited about our cruise on the Sun in less than 2 weeks so your review is so timely, thanks again.

Cheers

Thanks so much for another wonderful review and all your great pics. Hope you're not doing too many 12hr shifts @the hospital... they sure can ware you down.

Anyway, I'm getting very excited about our cruise on the Sun in less than 2 weeks so your review is so timely, thanks again.

Cheers

We are too.....:D Can't wait to read more.

This is the most PRECIOUS picture! :)

I agree. It was a great capture and done with my phone as well. I love when I am able to capture her true self and not a "posed" picture. They are priceless.

Thank you for telling us when you are leaving, otherwise I would just sit watching my computer and keep pressing "refresh" over and over! What a great start to an amazing review. I can't wait to see more.

Haha, no problem. I learned my lesson a few reviews back when I would return from work to find people commenting "where did you go?" "are you finishing?" and so on. hehe :D

LOL - I 'refresh' too!

Harriet

LOL

That's confusing. Didn't you say earlier in the thread you had to sail "inside" because you were unemployed?

Congratulations on the new job!

:)

Stephen

Yes, I'm an unemployed "nurse". I still work in the ER as a tech until I can find a nursing job. :) Sorry for the confusion. :p

I love reading your reviews! Looking forward to your next chapter!!

:)

Thanks so much.

Cheers

Nope, no 12 hour shifts for me yet. I do the "princess" shift of 4 hours at night. Every once in awhile I'll manage to get in an 8 hour shift. :eek: :p

It's a shame Sakari is such a shy little girl. LOL!! She is too much and what a little social butterfly. I love your reviews. After reading yours I have decided I am going to do a review on our upcoming Getaway cruise. Thanks for the inspiration.

She's a social wasp! But I'm glad that she makes friends so easily. Both my girls where/are like that. The boys were always the shy ones and the girls more than make up for it! :p

Good luck on the Getaway review. They do take up a lot of your time (and that includes vacation time as well). I'm constantly running around taking pictures and trying to figure out what people on here may want to see or may ask about so I'll have a picture of it. My husband thinks I'm crazy for some of the pictures I take (but he has come to understand it's just what I do). :o

Thanks for letting us know where not to stay in Tampa. Its always so hard to pick out a safe, clean, decent place when you are budget conscious.

Yea, it's always a shot in the dark on where to stay. I'm not really dissatisfied with staying there and think it has potential. It was definitely worth the money we spent on it. But it's not really a place I would "recommend" if you know what I mean. It suited its purpose and that was good enough for me. I really only had the issue with the loud laughing lady. If it wasn't for her, things would have been fine. I should have just called after it turned 11pm (when they said the pool was supposed to close) and it would have been over with. But then again, that's not really my responsibility to have to do that to have some peace at night for a place I paid to stay at. :(

I decided to hop in the shower and check it out. OMG! That has to be the smallest shower I have ever seen in my entire life! AND it has a shower curtain...YIKES!!! There was absolutely NO room in that shower AT ALL. When you turn the shower on and close the curtain, the curtain draws itself in and sticks to you. I felt like I was being attacked and spent a majority of my time doing various karate moves toward the curtain to keep it off of me. It was the worse shower ever. Yes, even worse than the hotel shower.

PB090261%20copy-L.jpg

Also the water BEATS down on you...HARD!!! I did learn to pull the handle back a little to make it less harder but man!

PB090260%20copy-L.jpg

The area they have for the shower gel and shampoo they provide, well it's really hard to get to it because of the "soap" tray located directly under neath it and I tried and tried to get my body wash "puff" under there and it just wasn't fitting. It would fall out every time because there wasn't enough room.

PB090266%20copy-L.jpg

The rest of the small bathroom I could deal with and had enough room to put everything on the shelves.

PB090259%20copy-L.jpg

On the sink they had left me some "elemis" to use. I guess this must be part of the VIP package because the only other time I have ever seen it was when I was VIP.

PB090263%20copy-L.jpg

There you can also see the "razor" plug.

Shelves on each side of the mirror for plenty of storage.

PB090264%20copy-L.jpg

They have these wonderful dinosaur age hair dryers (like the Spirit had on her) in the bathrooms for you to use. They are the ones that kind of work like a reverse vacuum cleaner.

PB090265%20copy-L.jpg

Now I can say that when I used the one on the Spirit, it worked fine and did the job of drying my hair. I can honestly say I didn't use this one at all (and I didn't bring my blow dryer either). I either put my hair up or I washed it and let it dry by itself and then later went back and did what I needed to do to it. So, I really can't tell you much about it other than it worked. (I only know this because one night I was really cold and I picked it up and turned it on and "heated" my arms up. LOL)

Now the next item would be a thorn in my side for the entire week. A screw! A darn screw! A darn stubborn screw that would work itself out every single day and I would continue to pick it up and put it back in and push it. I don't know if the hole was stripped or what but it was right in front of the toilet (so you seen it every time you sat down) and it was always hanging out or dropping on the floor. It holds the bottom portion of the part below the sink area.

PB150408%20copy-L.jpg

The room steward had left these plush (not) lovely (not) slippers in my room. Again, not sure if this was a VIP perk or someone just left them behind from the last cruise. I believe I had read that you get these when you book the spa suites or package, but I'm not sure since I'm not really a spa type of girl. Either way, we had no use for them and didn't touch them.

PB090268%20copy-L.jpg

We also had a box of chocolates sitting on our bed when we came in that night. I'm not a chocolate person, so Sakari ate 1 or 2 pieces of it and the rest was thrown away at the end of the cruise because it just sat there.

PB090267%20copy-L.jpg

This was our room steward. I have to say that I didn't really think we got the best room steward for reasons I'll list during my daily reviews. But I have had great and exceptional service most of the time. This time was just mediocre at it's best with this room steward.

PB110478%20copy-L.jpg

On to the room.

Like I said, I think I had just hyped myself up thinking the room was going to be a much bigger room. However, just looking back on it, it was a better room than what we had on the Sky the following week (which happen to be the same room number).

I do have to say that I liked the extra space in front of the bed for sure.

So I think another thing that makes the room bigger is that the couch/3rd bed is in it's own little cubby hole. So it ends up being like 3 beds in a row...well at least in our case since for some reason the beds weren't actually "put together" as a full sized bed.

PB090252%20copy-L.jpg

Now I guess I'm kind of wondering if we weren't using that sofa as a bed for Sakari, how exactly would you be able to use the sofa in that area? Crawl OVER the bed to get to it? I'm really confused on the use of this area and how it would work. Can anyone enlighten me or have pictures?

PB090253%20copy-L.jpg

The bathroom in front of the beds/sofa area:

PB090254%20copy-L.jpg

The desk and closet area in front of the bed with the huge "space" you get.

PB090255%20copy-L.jpg

Under the desk is the refrigerator.

PB090262%20copy-L.jpg

The closet with plenty of hangers, a shelf and a light inside. We would keep this light on the entire week and close the doors and use it as a night light for Sakari (and us getting up to use the restroom in the middle of the night). It worked out great.

PB090256%20copy-L.jpg

There was also storage space above that, which is where we ended up keeping all of our snorkel bags and equipment, life jackets and Sakari's beach toys. We made great use of it.

On the side was a floor to ceiling storage shelf area and this is where we put most of our clothes and there was plenty of room.

PB090258%20copy-L.jpg

On the other side of the closet and between the closet and the shelves was another area with drawers and more hangers and also the SMALL safe. I'm not sure, but it seemed smaller than normal? I may be wrong but it sure seemed to be a few inches smaller than the rest on the other ships.

PB090257%20copy-L.jpg

Also to use this safe, you had to be a criminal to crack it. (Just kidding, but there were more "steps" to it than I wanted...and compared to other safes, even on the Sky, it was a process).

You had to of course program the number in doing steps. Then when you locked it, put your number in, press the enter, then hold the door in hard, then turn the handle within a certain amount of time or you had to start over. (Where all of the other and the following week with the Sky, you just shut the door and put in your code=done!).

PB090319%20copy-L.jpg

So this would be the end of my tour of the room.

We went to bed around 11:30pm that night (in our "separate" beds LOL) and I drifted off quickly.

I will need to get my ship pictures together and downloaded onto the server and will return once that's done if I have enough time (I have a meeting with Sakari's teacher today since we were gone during the parent/teacher meetings). So I'll try to squeeze some more in before I leave. If not, I'll be back at it after that.

Thank you for taking so much of your time on the cruise and afterwards to share your experiences with us. Hope you find a nursing job soon.

Thanks for the comment. I hope I find something soon too. :)

QUOTE: "They had rolled out the red carpet for us (or at least I would like to think it was only for us)."

It's the little things like that red carpet that keep me cruising with NCL. Enjoying reading your review and looking forward to more.

Tracy

There are a lot of "little" things that make it nice. (I'm still convinced that they had this carpet out for me though. :p They just decided to leave it there for others after me. :D)

Why did you have the Elemis spa products? I don't think that is normally included in the cabin?

Like I said, I'm not sure why it was in there. Maybe the VIP status? It's only happened 1 other time that I can recall.

Thank you very much, Kim. We were on the Jewel with you last year and will be on the Sun in Jan. for the 2d time.

Well hello there hounds. We loved the Sun and had an awesome cruise. I hope you have a wonderful 2nd cruise as well. :)