Specialty Restaurants/Reservations/Discount

Koohiichan

Hello!

We are on Oasis in January and they are offering 30% off (on board credit) if you book 3 specialty restaurants. Does anyone know if you can change your reservations later? For example, the time/day of the reservation and/or number of people. I think we may try 3 restaurants, but we don't know if our teen will want to come along until the last minute. Also, we may want to change the day or times. Of course, I would make sure to do this on the ship beforehand, not just not show up. I happen to be a planner, but my dh and dd would rather wing it. Does anyone know if they are flexible as long as you actually go the 3 restaurants sometime during your trip?

Thanks in advance for sharing your advice/experience.

Koohiichan

You do not have to book them all at once. We booked Izumi on the website before the cruise and booked Chops and Giovannis when onboard. We added Chops again because it was so good. We also changed the time and date of one of the reservations.

Isn't it 20% off for 3 reservations, 25%off for 4 reservations and 30% off for 5 reservations?

I stand corrected. I think I missed the "up to" part and didn't look at the fine print. I think you are probably right.

Koohiichan

• 1 month later...
We got 30% back in OBC last week on the Oasis, and we had three paid reservations.

Did you book in advance or on the ship? The website does say 20% back on 3 reservations. Maybe it changed since you booked?

We are on Oasis in March (first time), and I am trying to figure out whether to book dining in advance. I've already booked Sabor for one formal night, but that one's a freebie (at least for the reservation) so it's a no-brainer. I want to make a reservation for 150 Central Park for the other formal night (to avoid flying with formal wear), and I am trying to decide whether I should reserve in advance or wait until I get on the ship and hope for a discount.

Does the 3 reservation OBC offer also include free restaurants? If I book 2 pay restaurants along with my free Sabor reservation, would I get the OBC? If you happen to cancel a reservation while on board, do they take back the OBC? What are the odds that I will be able to get discounted reservations on the ship? I've heard that you can often get 50% off the first night, but is that only for certain guests like suites? If I'm in a Central Park Balcony, would I qualify (I'm Diamond). How about discounts the other nights?

Oh, and are there any restaurants which I absolutely want to reserve in advance because I will have problems getting a reservation while on board? I'm thinking that 150 CP might be in this category. I'm guessing that Solarium will be much easier. Should I expect it to be discounted?

Sorry for asking so many questions :).

Edited by MisterBill99

Why pay extra for a Meal you already paid for? Yo will spend $50-$70 for a meal you can get in the Main Dining Room. I just got off Grandeur and checked out The Pay Restaurants a few times and there were only 1-2 couples in there each night. If you want to pay extra you can get the same Meal in the MDR.

You do not have to book them all at once. We booked Izumi on the website before the cruise and booked Chops and Giovannis when onboard. We added Chops again because it was so good. We also changed the time and date of one of the reservations.

But did you get the bonus OBC when you booked the extras onboard?

This is one time that I "put one over" on Royal Caribbean.

I booked a restaurant for the first night of my cruise, paying for two, knowing that when I got on board and ate the meal, I would invoke my "BOGO" perk and get one meal refunded back to my account.

The 20% rebate was already on my SeaPass account, and did NOT disappear when I got the second meal fee refunded.

:D :D :D

Why pay extra for a Meal you already paid for? Yo will spend $50-$70 for a meal you can get in the Main Dining Room. I just got off Grandeur and checked out The Pay Restaurants a few times and there were only 1-2 couples in there each night. If you want to pay extra you can get the same Meal in the MDR.

And you are entitled to your opinion. Don't eat in the specialty restaurants if you don't want to.

But others DO want to.

And that is what this thread is about.

:)

Why pay extra for a Meal you already paid for? Yo will spend $50-$70 for a meal you can get in the Main Dining Room. I just got off Grandeur and checked out The Pay Restaurants a few times and there were only 1-2 couples in there each night.

If you want to pay extra you can get the same Meal in the MDR.

I'm sorry, but if you think the meal you get in the specialty restaurants is the same meal as you would get in the MDR, then I don't think you are qualified to express your opinion here. It's certainly not worth anything to me. Did you bother to look at the menus? Or don't you care, food is just food.

I booked a restaurant for the first night of my cruise, paying for two, knowing that when I got on board and ate the meal, I would invoke my "BOGO" perk and get one meal refunded back to my account.

And what perk is that? Automatic for dining there the first night? Available to anyone?

I tried to book both Giovanni's and Chops online for our cruise next weekend. I am bringing my 10 year old grandson. The price was not adjusted for his age although that info is all available with my booking.

Should I go ahead and book and hope they will credit back the difference, or wait and book when we are onboard? Iwould like to take advantage of the discounts. Would I still receive them if I don't make reservations before boarding? Most good times are already filled up.

Thanks!

BOGO first night specialty restaurant coupon is given to Diamond Plus and above C&A members.
Oh well, I'm only Diamond :-(. Should I expect discounts to be available for booking when I get on the ship, or should I just book ahead of time and take advantage of the 20% OBC being offered for first night reservations? Presumably it is combinable with the "buy x get xx%" offer?

I tried to book both Giovanni's and Chops online for our cruise next weekend. I am bringing my 10 year old grandson. The price was not adjusted for his age although that info is all available with my booking.

Should I go ahead and book and hope they will credit back the difference, or wait and book when we are onboard? Iwould like to take advantage of the discounts. Would I still receive them if I don't make reservations before boarding? Most good times are already filled up.

Thanks!

Ah! Never mind!! I went back and checked the fine print. I am cut off from cocktails!

Oh well, I'm only Diamond :-(. Should I expect discounts to be available for booking when I get on the ship, or should I just book ahead of time and take advantage of the 20% OBC being offered for first night reservations? Presumably it is combinable with the "buy x get xx%" offer?

I would wait and book onboard. I've seen various discounts offered for specialty restaurants, especially for the first night.

We had a reservation on the first night as well as 2 others. They did not allow us to stack the discounts. We just received 20% off each time.

We had a reservation on the first night as well as 2 others. They did not allow us to stack the discounts. We just received 20% off each time.

20% off or 20% OBC? And do you get it all at once, or after you dine?

I would wait and book onboard. I've seen various discounts offered for specialty restaurants, especially for the first night.

The question for me is whether it pays to make a 3rd reservation once I'm going to make 2, to get the 20% back. And do they count the free reservation as one of the 3? Or does it have to be 3 that I pay for (since Sabor is a la carte, but I "paid" for the reservation).

20% off or 20% OBC? And do you get it all at once, or after you dine?

The question for me is whether it pays to make a 3rd reservation once I'm going to make 2, to get the 20% back. And do they count the free reservation as one of the 3? Or does it have to be 3 that I pay for (since Sabor is a la carte, but I "paid" for the reservation).

When you book on line you get the 20% off in OBC. When you book on board they give you the 20% off on your bill at the end of the meal.

If you make 2 on line you can make the third on board. Just make sure you point out to them that you now have 3 reservations. Sabor will get you 20% off of all your a la carte items excluding drinks.

Edited by Ourusualbeach

When you book on line you get the 20% off in OBC. When you book on board they give you the 20% off on your bill at the end of the meal.

If you make 2 on line you can make the third on board. Just make sure you point out to them that you now have 3 reservations. Sabor will get you 20% off of all your a la carte items excluding drinks.

Thanks... that is good to know about getting the discount rather than OBC if you book while onboard. Also nice to know that Sabor a la carte pricing is discounted.

Another question (I probably should look for another thread that discusses this, although the subject of this one seems to fit). What happens if I add other reservations later in the week. I don't get the higher discount retroactively, do I?

Edited by MisterBill99