CSI: NA Reloaded (Nieuw Amsterdam 11/30 to 12/14/14)

POA1

cruz chic, peanut butter pie is to die for...looks like what my partner's niece serves at Thanksgiving. If you're a cook, locate a recipe. I'd like to recommend chocolate graham cracker crust! Decadent in a good way!

I've had a few peanut butter pies in my past and they were all good. That said, I do like peanut butter.

I am beginning to think it's personal. I don't know what I ever did to the cheese guy, but it must be something pretty bad. ;) I don't know if anyone else is getting prunes, or it's just me. The smart people ordered the peanut butter silk pie last night. It was really good.

Maybe he thinks that with you eating all that cheese you might need some prune help:D:p.

Just wanted to add that I'm another one that looks forward to your thread daily! Thx for all the effort. It's much appreciated.

Edited by cruz chic

As promised, the link to last night's dinner photos:

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s88/l/AFjZJknDJn1Ev5yYIGuF1bUIIFE6QhePELQA

/

On the outside chance that someone from the ship is reading this, we really are having a great trip. I say this because our phone rang shortly after the last post went up. It was the front office, making sure everything was fine.

If everything went perfectly smoothly, the Institute would be deprived of humor product raw materials. ;)

I forgot to post the wines from last night. We had a 2010 Antinori red blend from Tuscany, and the white was Tyrell's Old Wines Chardonnay. It's a wine whose corkage exceeds it's price, but it's a very good unoaked Chardonnay for the price. It's got a Stelvin enclosure*, which makes it a good picnic wine.

*Screw cap. Sounds more sophisticated and fancy, doesn't it? :)

Tell him hello as well. I'm glad he's going home. He is very good. I'm wondering if that pie was as good as the ice cream pie I (and maybe Huskerchick) had. I think it was espresso something pie.

Expresso bomb pie? She's been on the lookout for it, but it has proven elusive.

Last night's entertainment was Recycled Percussion. They handed out ear plugs before the show, because it was going to be very loud. We didn't attend, but I heard that it was good - but extremely loud.

The question is, did Margarite the kitty make an appearance? I hope it's ok to ask a question.

I looked all day for "our" kitty but she did not make an appearance. We just had a stray dog making a nuisance of herself. Shrimpboat123 took her for a walk to distract her from our cabana as she just would not leave. Maybe the dog was the reason kitty was a no show.

Edited by sapper1

Another service from POA.

I happened to mention that, being from a coastal Maritime city, we were cursed with fog in the summer but that the cruise ship passengers who have never seen it before absolutely love it. My complaint was that it creates a bad hair day by causing fog head. He mentioned that there is a special fog resistant hairspray that I had never heard of and this morning when I checked our mail slot, there was a can waiting for me. Is that service or what?!

The first instance was when I mentioned that the six bottles of beer preordered for the cabin does not include a bottle opener. I was told not to bring one as there would be one in the mail slot for us upon boarding and there was!

What a guy!!! A very public thank you to POA.

Indeed, what a guy!! I remember reading his comment about the corkscrew and wondered who that was for.;) POA sounds like someone we would ALL like to cruise with.:)

POA1 - I hate to be contrary - but last night's prunes look a lot like dates to me ...

Love the photos and love the blog!

Trust me. They were prunes. I've had my share of dates. I tasted them to make sure. I'm not mad that they were prunes though. The more we see prunes, the longer I can keep the gag running. It's been going since the last cruise - much like one would be if one ate all the dried plums. ;)

The drink of the day today was the Pina Colada. I would have loved to see the Pruna Colada - "Be fresh. Be tropical. Be regular with Pruna Colada."

We're in the Pinnacle Grill tonight, which means that the Caviar will finally make its debut in our reports. We haven't had any yet, which means that the Institute of Cheer's Caviar Budget is flush with cash. I'm thinking an ounce for everyone.

I'll get those photos up early since we're in port until late. We're going to call it an early night because we chartered a sailboat in St. Thomas tomorrow and have to meet the captain early.

I looked all day for "our" kitty but she did not make an appearance. We just had a stray dog making a nuisance of herself. Shrimpboat123 took her for a walk to distract her from our cabana as she just would not leave. Maybe the dog was the reason kitty was a no show.

Too bad kitty wasn't around.

Another service from POA.

I happened to mention that, being from a coastal Maritime city, we were cursed with fog in the summer but that the cruise ship passengers who have never seen it before absolutely love it. My complaint was that it creates a bad hair day by causing fog head. He mentioned that there is a special fog resistant hairspray that I had never heard of and this morning when I checked our mail slot, there was a can waiting for me. Is that service or what?!

The first instance was when I mentioned that the six bottles of beer preordered for the cabin does not include a bottle opener. I was told not to bring one as there would be one in the mail slot for us upon boarding and there was!

What a guy!!! A very public thank you to POA.

Wow! What a guy indeed :D Very thoughtful and very nice. You are a lucky lady;)

Hi POA1

I am also reading your thread every day, many good chuckles along the way.

Two today made me actually LOL:

"Just in case you think I'm kidding, here's what happened when the room stewards left a towel elephant in our room one night. Pooby Joe thought it was a Heffalump. If you're familiar with the Winnie the Pooh books, you know that Heffalumps and Woozels are Pooh's arch enemies. He quickly dispatched the towel Heffalump."

Wow, Poohby Joe looks so soft and cuddly, who would suspect what lies beneath--even for an arch enemy!!

"DW is adopted. She thought it was an awesome idea"

Totally cracked me up. Maybe they switched babies at the hospital???

Keep the reports coming, it is helping add to our anticipation of our same cruise in March!!

ML

Wow! What a guy indeed :D Very thoughtful and very nice. You are a lucky lady;)

In case you're wondering, it's "Frizz Ease" moisture barrier hairspray by John Frieda. Huskerchick has a convertible and has given this particular hairspray high marks for both humidity and wind resistance.

One strange thing... I called the telephone concierge last week and asked for some extra stationery and envelopes for thank you notes and tips. I said I was in no hurry. They never showed up. I asked again today when the front office called to ask how everything was going. Still nothing. (I wonder if the cheese monger is dating someone from the front desk?)

Fortunately, we travel with a box of thank you cards. (The Institute has a very strict etiquette policy. Poohby Joe is in charge of enforcement. We'd never hear him coming while we slept.)

We're in the Pinnacle Grill tonight, which means that the Caviar will finally make its debut in our reports. We haven't had any yet, which means that the Institute of Cheer's Caviar Budget is flush with cash. I'm thinking an ounce for everyone.

I'll get those photos up early since we're in port until late. We're going to call it an early night because we chartered a sailboat in St. Thomas tomorrow and have to meet the captain early.

Of course you know I am waiting for a report on the Nieuw Amsterdam's caviar.

"Screw cap. Sounds sophisticated and fancy, doesn't it"?

What I find interesting is more and more wines have screw tops. Kinda detracts from the age old ritual of removing and smelling the cork.

Adaptation or wed to tradition?

We had a 98 point, $185 a bottle (at Total Wine) Shiraz last cruise. It was Mollydooker's 2012 Velvet Glove. It was outstanding. Don't dismiss the metal enclosure. :)