Royal Caribbean Conciege Lounge Crowding

KatnBob

If Royal does with more ships like Oasis, you should not have a problem getting a seat. I've also read drinks are served stating at 11:00.?? I don't think anyone would stay in the lounge that whole time and hog up seats!!! :p

Its not hogging a seat, its doing what you want, and if others don't like it, too bad!:)

Do you think Pin Wearers have reserved seating? No, they just get there earlier than you do. I'm only a lowly diamond member and have never noticed people "hogging" seats

I like to get a seat so I arrive fairly early and find a group of people to chat to. Often they are the same group each evening as they arrive at a similar time.

People like routine. If I visit the Doctor's Waiting Room, I try to sit at the same side of the room each time. I try to sit at the same table in the coffee shop. At home I usually sit at the same side of the sofa. It is human nature.

A voice of reason and common sense. This IMHO is a perfectly worded post....K.O.:)

Not on ALL ships....:)

You are correct, but when you say things like "will never happen"-it did, and time will tell how many other ships may go the same way.

Trust me-I'm not disagreeing with you but when someone says will never happen with such conviction-you sometimes are proven wrong. What's that expression, never say never. Royal has definitely showed us over the years, things change!!:eek:

I laugh because over the years, I've read, if Royal dares to do this, I'm never sailing them again. Yet-they are still here posting or chasing another level which is exactly what Royal wants.

Only one time in all our trips to the CL have we seen all this stuff you guys are referring to. We have met some wonderful folks over the years regardless of if they were wearing a pin or sailing in a suite. We never wear our pins but, we have friends that always wear them....who cares? Chances are if folks are nice and friendly, they will be with or without their pins. If they are obnoxious and grumpy the same applies.

If you ever see us in the CL, feel free to grab a chair (if you can find one) and sit with us, we would love to meet you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Its not hogging a seat, its doing what you want, and if others don't like it, too bad!:)

I know. That doing what you want is so frowned upon here. Dressing how you like at dinner, arriving to dinner anytime, bringing kids in the CL, rushing in and out of the elevator, leaving a towel on a pool chair, cutting the line at the WJ, taking up camp in the WJ on embarkation day. :cool:

I know. That doing what you want is so frowned upon here. Dressing how you like at dinner, arriving to dinner anytime, bringing kids in the CL, rushing in and out of the elevator, leaving a towel on a pool chair, cutting the line at the WJ, taking up camp in the WJ on embarkation day. :cool:

Sorry..."bringing kids in the CL"...they are welcome in there anytime, as some are staying in suites and then there are some that are already D+ (my under 2 years old grandsons are ;)).

You're right, the arrogance of some is amazing!

Great attitude:D, hope we can share a drink with you some day!

We're not hard to spot...we're the quiet ones sitting by ourselves, rolling our eyes at the "hoity toity's" :eek: !!

Cheers :D

Sorry..."bringing kids in the CL"...they are welcome in there anytime, as some are staying in suites and then there are some that are already D+ (my under 2 years old grandsons are ;)).

I knew that. ;) It was meant for some to ponder on that post!!;)

I forgot to add the:rolleyes:

:D

A crowded lounge never stopped us!

But you always run into those types looking down their noses at others for what they wear, what 'status' they are, or what cabin they're in!:eek:

Who cares about them, they're boring!:D

Now only sail in jr suites not allowed to participate in concierge lounge so take all that extra money to schooner bar and champagne or any bar on the shop. Still get a beautiful cabin and bathtub

Just back from a seven days on Freedom of Seas. It is a beautiful ship and

we loved everything about our suite experience except the Concierge Lounge

evening cocktail hours.

Every evening the lounge was crowded with Diamond+ and Pinnacle Crown

and Anchor ( most of them wear their pins) members. They gather in large

groups, rearrange the furniture and carry on in a loud and boisterous manner

from start to finish. Suite guests are frequently faced with SRO or some

make-shift seating in a corner.

Am I sailing on the wrong ship or this common on other Royal Caribbean ships?

Without getting into the "social issues" going on in this thread, I will say that the CL on the Freedom Class ships was poorly executed. It's far too small to accommodate all of the suite guests, much less the D+ and PC members. Very claustrophobic feeling.

We avoided the CL each night when we were on Indy and Freedom earlier this year. They had DL/CL overflow in the Viking Crown each night, and it's a much more spacious venue.

OP, I'd recommend the overflow lounge next time you're on a Freedom Class ship.

My thanks to everyone who posted their response to my concerns about Royal Caribbean's Concierge Lounges. I feel I now have a good handle on what to expect on future cruises. It is obvious to me that RCCL's generous loyalty program has created an "elephant in the living room" that is not going to go away so long as the smaller ships are in service[/font]

We have already booked our January cruise with Royal Caribbean and it will likely be our last as we plan to return to Norwegian Cruise Lines. NCl has kept their suite perks pure and they also have beautiful ships.We wish all the Diamond+ and Pinnacle members well and hope they can continue to enjoy the monster they helped to create

My thanks to everyone who posted their response to my concerns about Royal Caribbean's Concierge Lounges. I feel I now have a good handle on what to expect on future cruises. It is obvious to me that RCCL's generous loyalty program has created an "elephant in the living room" that is not going to go away so long as the smaller ships are in service[/font]

We have already booked our January cruise with Royal Caribbean and it will likely be our last as we plan to return to Norwegian Cruise Lines. NCl has kept their suite perks pure and they also have beautiful ships.We wish all the Diamond+ and Pinnacle members well and hope they can continue to enjoy the monster they helped to create

I wonder if different cruise lines created different "monsters" for various reasons....................

Good luck in your future travels.

Sea Ya

I wonder if different cruise lines created different "monsters" for various reasons....................

Good luck in your future travels.

Sea Ya

Having cruised Princess, NCL, Royal, Celebrity, Carnival, and Azamara I am more aware of loyalty cruisers on Royal than any other cruise line. That said, if we didn't go to the Concierge lounge for breakfast and drinks before dinner I'm not sure my awareness would be any greater on Royal than other cruises. Princess has a lounge for suites and loyalty cruisers from 5 to 8 pm with appetizers but drinks are not free. Few people take advantage of this dedicated lounge. I have cruised on Celebrity only once and it was a few years ago.

Have you heard about the new Pinnacle Plus category? I've begun wearing my Pinnacle Plus pin on every cruise. I designed it myself. When one of the obnoxious ones mention the pin I just say "Don't you know what it is?" and move on. It makes them completely crazy.

QUOTE]

That made me laugh out loud. I hope to meet you some day on a cruise!

Having cruised Princess, NCL, Royal, Celebrity, Carnival, and Azamara I am more aware of loyalty cruisers on Royal than any other cruise line. That said, if we didn't go to the Concierge lounge for breakfast and drinks before dinner I'm not sure my awareness would be any greater on Royal than other cruises. Princess has a lounge for suites and loyalty cruisers from 5 to 8 pm with appetizers but drinks are not free. Few people take advantage of this dedicated lounge. I have cruised on Celebrity only once and it was a few years ago.

Gee, I wonder why no one takes advantage of it. ;)

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

We usually cruise with a large group of friends that we have met on previous cruises. Since most of them are Diamond Plus and above we now cruise in suites (once you do a suite it's hard to go back) we can utilize the CL with them. We usually meet up in the CL at 5:00 p.m. and then move over to the DL later. Oftentimes when the first seating diners go to dinner. This way, we avoid the crowding and get chairs with no problem in the DL.

On the Brillance in October, The DL was to crowded so the Conceirge opened up part of the Viking Crown Lounge to fit all the Diamond and plus passengers. It was a win-win for everyone.

How is sitting in a lounge where you have a right to be a problem?:eek:

Only one time in all our trips to the CL have we seen all this stuff you guys are referring to. We have met some wonderful folks over the years regardless of if they were wearing a pin or sailing in a suite. We never wear our pins but, we have friends that always wear them....who cares? Chances are if folks are nice and friendly, they will be with or without their pins. If they are obnoxious and grumpy the same applies.

If you ever see us in the CL, feel free to grab a chair (if you can find one) and sit with us, we would love to meet you!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Agreed, wearing a pin doesn't make you happy or grumpy, its your personality!

Its like anything, it only takes a few bad apples!:D

Now only sail in jr suites not allowed to participate in concierge lounge so take all that extra money to schooner bar and champagne or any bar on the shop. Still get a beautiful cabin and bathtub

Well when you get the points to enjoy the CL, the DL, whatever, enjoy, cause its your benefit!:)

Happy cruising!

If it is crowded of course it is out of our control, so we do the best we can we manage, and we have a good time.

When I start to let things upset me I get cranky, and that is no fun.

So, have a drink, chill, and then make the best of a crowded situation.

Besides when it is more crowded, you can meet more people.

Sea Ya

Just back from a seven days on Freedom of Seas. It is a beautiful ship and

we loved everything about our suite experience except the Concierge Lounge

evening cocktail hours.

Every evening the lounge was crowded with Diamond+ and Pinnacle Crown

and Anchor ( most of them wear their pins) members. They gather in large

groups, rearrange the furniture and carry on in a loud and boisterous manner

from start to finish. Suite guests are frequently faced with SRO or some

make-shift seating in a corner.

Am I sailing on the wrong ship or this common on other Royal Caribbean ships?

We experienced the same thing on Navigator in 2012 (prior to Dry Dock). Have not sailed in a suite on Royal since then and can't comment. We became so frustrated with the crowds, we just avoided the area during the "cocktail hour(s)" and leveraged the benefit during other times. Basically, made the best of the situation as best we could.

I would think with the introduction of the Diamond Lounge since Dry Dock and the drink vouchers loaded to the Sea Pass would help to relieve some of the overcrowding. (At least this would apply to Navigator and other ships that have moved refurbished.)

4 cruises in suites with a 5th coming in January.

MUCH prefer the CL style on the Radiance class ships to the Voyager class and what I expect on Independence. While it's been mentioned maybe there should just be one big lounge, my thinking is with the design constraints of the ships it's easier to find multiple smaller spaces than one large one.

Have never felt disrespect from "Members of Status" but sometimes get a little chuckle out of them trying to one-up one another. On the contrary, we've had several Pinnacle members advise us that we're "doing it right" by booking a suite for double points at a relatively young age, so years down the road when we can travel more often we should have some status built up.

As has been mentioned earlier, we will generally dress as we would for dinner in the CL. Certainly appropriate for someone who booked a suite with their own money, and not in the sense of "I'll go to the BMW dealer unshaven and wearing my grottiest threadbare duds with $50K cash on me so if they don't wait on me or let me take a test drive I can oh-so-smarmily tell them they lost a sale."

We've usually found space to be at a premium early on and won't apologize that we get there early and stay a while. We're also not protective of our seats and others can certainly ask to join in or borrow chairs. DW works at home, third shift, for facilities hundreds or thousands of miles away, so the poor girl needs some social interaction other than talking to me and really looks forward to this aspect of the cruise. We also get late seating for dinner and on most occasions find the CL all but cleared out when folks depart for the first seating.

I totally agree with you! The CL on Serenade is larger, has beautiful views and outside seating! One of the many reasons we have chosen to sail on her again!