12/6/14 Serenade 7 Night - All interiors $179 GO GO GO

LMaxwell

Where do you find these great deals? Can't take advantage of this one. I did score the $500 hump balcony deal on the Navigator this past May after your tip on cc. Thank-you again.

Here is a sales flyer that usually changes every week:

http://www.creative.rccl.com/sales/royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

That is incredible! And frustrating because I am taking the same exact cruise over Christmas for way more than that. But the memories are all that matter after all. :P

Don't worry we are gonna live it up over the Christmas cruise! At least I know I am. Went on Explorer out of Galveston last year same route over Christmas and had a blast. This deal is just so sweet such a shame I hadn't planned anything and still had the time. I'd be packing!

Bo

Don't worry we are gonna live it up over the Christmas cruise! At least I know I am. Went on Explorer out of Galveston last year same route over Christmas and had a blast. This deal is just so sweet such a shame I hadn't planned anything and still had the time. I'd be packing!

Bo

Yes sir, it will be a blast!! :D

Multiple Serenade sailings have been priced that way over the last few weeks. Expensive airport to fly into for those on the coasts (that I've seen), somewhat costly cab ride to the port, plus the area in general has been through a lot over the years. I sailed Navigator out of Orleans and had a good time, but would much rather go out of FL.

As someone else said, you can kind of see why Royal is pulling out.

Edited by JasonV1

Multiple Serenade sailings have been priced that way over the last few weeks. Expensive airport to fly into for those on the coasts (that I've seen), somewhat costly cab ride to the port, plus the area in general has been through a lot over the years. I sailed Navigator out of Orleans and had a good time, but would much rather go out of FL.

As someone else said, you can kind of see why Royal is pulling out.

All true. BUT, when you live near by and can get someone to drop you off and pick you up things look even better on the wallet ;) That is the beauty of being near a port city. But time is the enemy, not enough to take advantage of it this time around.

Bo

Full agreement there. Especially good for a solo cabin points run if your are trying to move up in loyalty levels faster.

All true. BUT, when you live near by and can get someone to drop you off and pick you up things look even better on the wallet ;) That is the beauty of being near a port city. But time is the enemy, not enough to take advantage of it this time around.

Bo

We booked this cruise a couple months ago when it was at $299PP for an inside cabin. Thought that was a good deal as there is no air fare and we get a ride to the port from family.

Within a few weeks we got an "upsell" call for $125 total to a balcony cabin(now we were $362PP) and took it. Still the cheapest cruise fare we have ever had. Pretty sure we will like the ship, Radiance's sister and all. We tried the CCL Dream next door, didn't care for it.

I think the reason for RCI leaving is more to do with saturation. CCL has 2 full time ships here, the Dream with 7 day alternating itineraries. The Elation is also full time with IIRC 3 and 4 day sailings. Generally these are cheaper than RCI. New Orleans is NOT the same as Houston, FLL, Miami, etc. with area population. From Nov. to April there is also the NCL boat here. I think this area can only support so many cruise ships at capacity.