Live from the Eurodam, Where are the officers?

bobandgloria

I am currently on the Eurodam that left FLL on Sunday November 30th. I have been on over 50 cruises over the years and I know that things happen on cruises and you make the best of the situation. I had a minor problem from day 1 that I immediately tried to correct it with the guest services department. Unfortunately the Guest Services Manager doesn't seem to like elderly cruisers who are handicapped, was given the cold shoulder and no response to my request. At that time I requested to speak with the Hotel Manager, then a second request, then third request. After 4 days I have not been given a opportunity to speak the Hotel Manager because he is to busy. Is there any suggestions that my fellow Cruise critic members can suggest?

Thanks

Gloria Redgrave

Edited by bobandgloria

You post a message on Facebook. That sometimes gets HAL's attention.

Here is my list:

Orlando Ashford’s Office. 1-206-626-7393

Michael J. Smith

Senior Vice President, Marine Hotel Operations 1-206-281-3535.

Guest Relations

E-mail: GuestRelations@HollandAmerica.com

Phone: 1-800-599-8256

Fax: 1-206-301-5327

Inquiries, compliments and complaints on current or past sailings.

My mother ambulates with a walker and we had an incident on the Eurodam a few years back, when an officer nearly knocked her over because he was in a rush to get to a function he was late for. I know, because we were going to the same function. I was infuriated that an officer would treat passengers that way. I complained, but it fell on deaf ears. No one from senior staff contacted us to hear our complaint.

I see that you have been on many NCL cruises and so have I. I know from experience, that on NCL you get quick a response from the HD. It should be that way on HAL too.

The comment cards go through the Front Desk. If that's where the problem is...well...doubt if the comment cards will go any further. I forget where the Hotel Director's Office is on the Eurodam is...but it should be close to the Front Desk. Put the comment card under the door if he/she isn't there.

If the problem is connected to something malfunctioning in your cabin, speak with Head Housekeeper.

If it is a dining room problem, speak with Dining Room Manager.

If it is a bar department problem, speak with Bar Manager.

If it is a security issue, speak with security staff.

You get the picture.

Without a bit more information, it is hard to know where to direct you.

Edited by sail7seas

Thanks Sail7seas for your feed back- the problem originating with the Guest Relations Department whereby a Upper Management Dept Head failed to do his job properly. Thereby we had requested to speak to his supervisor which would be the Hotel Director of the Eurodam but have been unable to speak to him as yet.

You post a message on Facebook. That sometimes gets HAL's attention.

Here is my list:

Orlando Ashford’s Office. 1-206-626-7393

Michael J. Smith

Senior Vice President, Marine Hotel Operations 1-206-281-3535.

Guest Relations

E-mail: GuestRelations@HollandAmerica.com

Phone: 1-800-599-8256

Fax: 1-206-301-5327

Inquiries, compliments and complaints on current or past sailings.

As posted previously in this thread.......

GuestRelations@hollandamerica.com seems to be a good choice.

Thanks keeponcruising- So sorry to hear about your experience on the Eurodam it seems that things have not gotten better since your experience with your mother. As you know complaints from passengers on board should be resolved on the ship. We as paying customers deserve to have a good experience and if something does go wrong, we should not leave with a bad taste in our mouth.

If the problem is connected to something malfunctioning in your cabin, speak with Head Housekeeper.

If it is a dining room problem, speak with Dining Room Manager.

If it is a bar department problem, speak with Bar Manager.

If it is a security issue, speak with security staff.

You get the picture.

Without a bit more information, it is hard to know where to direct you.

Yes, but I'd like to know exactly how you reach these people. I've asked this question many times and I've yet a read a satisfactory answer. These people are nothing standing in the hallways waiting to speak to disgruntled pax.

Do you not have a Mariners club director on board They should be able to assist I have found they can do marvels when on a Princess ship (Captains Circle Director)when the pursers desk is unable to help

Edited by windsor26

Do you not have a Mariners club director on board They should be able to assist I have found they can do marvels when on a Princess ship (Captains Circle Director)when the pursers desk is unable to help

S a dly, there is no such position on Holland America ships

Yes, but I'd like to know exactly how you reach these people. I've asked this question many times and I've yet a read a satisfactory answer. These people are nothing standing in the hallways waiting to speak to disgruntled pax.

If you direct your complaint to the Head of the Department (whichever that department might be as outlined by Sail7Seas in post #14) in writing, put in an envelope properly addressed and given it to the Pursar Desk for delivery, you should expect to receive a reply within 24 hours - does that not sound reasonable?

Edited by Salacia

If you direct your complaint to the Head of the Department (whichever that department might be as outlined by Sail7Seas in post #14) in writing, put in an envelope properly addressed and given it to the Pursar Desk for delivery, you should expect to receive a reply within 24 hours - does that not sound reasonable?

That's a better explanation than I've heard to date. The problem could be if you don't know the persons name. I just always marvel at the sound that these people are just waiting to hear complaints. I think the strangest complaint I ever heard is that there wasn't enough blueberries in a blueberry muffin. People like that should stay at home where they can load up their muffin just the way that pleases them. I bet the hear a lot of stories were folks think something like this is important.