Celebrity Cruises Orders Two New Iconic Ships

Bababooey Land

Hi Jenna

This is certainly interesting information, but I'm not surprised. I'm afraid I'm not informed on what Quantum's issues have been, but I must admit, when I heard about the variety of restaurants on board, I was intrigued. As a frequent cruiser, I have to admit it gets a little repetitive to sail the same class of ships more than once a year, and I'm eager to try something different without leaving my favourite cruise line. In a couple of weeks, we will try a royal suite on Summit and see if we enjoy Luminae (thanks so much for your updates on the other thread). I am quite sure that, no matter what Edge turns out to be, we will be eager to set foot on a new class of ships. Even if Edge has a format that current Celebrity cruisers aren't enthusiastic about, I suspect that the layout of the present classes of ships will ensure that this possible change won't go fleet-wide.

I think incorporating single occupancy staterooms into the plan would be a good idea. The newer P&O ships have them, they even have single balcony cabins. They book out really quickly so must be very popular. Instead of 200% (or paying the full price for 2 passengers) they cost equivalent to 140 - 150%. It would make far better use of space to have dedicated cabins built smaller in size, and make it easier for single travellers to be able to afford to keep cruising when their circumstances change and they no longer have a partner to accompany them. NCL have studios, but they are not the same as having a proper cabin to retire to and relax. I hope Celebrity will consider this.

Hey Celebrity !!

If you are seeking design recommendations from your loyal passengers here's one:

"Make The Martini Bar larger".

2MC

Founder, President ,CEO, and Chief Ice Artist of The Martini Bar Sippers, Miami Chapter. :p:D

I 2nd that!!!!!!!!!

I know this thread is old, but thought the following was the correct place for the following. I did NOT want to respond where I was asked to comment to avoid derailing that thread and figured if I shared it there it would cause plenty of controversy, so I will share ALL I heard, but please, let's not make too much of this as what was said could easily change in a month, or 6 months and never become reality.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Interesting report. Thanks for the post.