Celebrity Cruises Orders Two New Iconic Ships

Bababooey Land

Wow…Capital Grille is far superior to Ruth's Chris IMHO….but they are chain venues. I can eat that steak at home any time I want. Granted not for $40/pp:D

NCL has Cagney's. Does not make it for fine dining IMHO if that is what one is after. Tuscan is still better than Cagney's.

But I digress. I was thinking fine dining, not steak house. I just wanted some nice fish place…which is missing from Celebrity's venues.

Fine dining would be great, I don't think Murano's meets that quality level. Have dined there 3 different times and twice was very mediocre and the other just slightly better. I know there are others who will disagree but that was our experience. The early "M" class specialty restaurants, circa 2001-03 were far better than Murano's ever was and far better than they themselves are now....would like to see the quality level of the Normandie at its debut in 2001 again.....

I agree with the above poster about the storage. And, bigger nightstands with drawers. There's hardly room enough for what I like to keep on a nightstand.

I do love the bathrooms, though.

Also, a walking/jogging track that doesn't go right through the main walkway to the buffet and one that is not lined with lounge chairs that often stick out into the path. Besides, we have to walk right by the smokers.

I'd say get rid of the grass too. It seems very underused. One of our cruises it was unusable the whole trip as they were replacing it.

Fine dining would be great, I don't think Murano's meets that quality level. Have dined there 3 different times and twice was very mediocre and the other just slightly better. I know there are others who will disagree but that was our experience. The early "M" class specialty restaurants, circa 2001-03 were far better than Murano's ever was and far better than they themselves are now....would like to see the quality level of the Normandie at its debut in 2001 again.....

Me too. But I don't think that will hapoen again. I loved it. You loved it. It's a great and distant memory.

I don't know about the clothesline and I am torn. The S Class Showers have glass doors which I love but due to the glass and the curvature I can't see how they can put in the retractable clothesline like in the M Class. I do not want to give up the glass doors and revert to shower curtains so they would need a new design to incorporate both great features. But I would prefer glass door if I had to choose lol

Aqua class rooms on the M-Class ships have a clothesline and glass doors... so it is possible to have both.

They just have to figure out how to deal with the gap that allows water to escape the shower and soak the bath mat. :(

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

I'm a big fan of Ruth's Chris but I'd prefer to have a really high end signature style more in line with Murano's venue, which to me is a perfect private label venue for Celebrity. There is already Tuscan Grill for the steak lover.

Celebrity is a bit shy of a seafood venue, but if we are using our imaginations, I'd be thrilled to consider a Daniel or Oceanaire type menu-venue with interary inspired seafood-fish options as special-specials.

More than half of the Murano menu is fish or seafood. I'd be fine with more non-seafood items added to Murano's menu and add a new seafood restaurant to balance out the offerings.

Aqua class rooms on the M-Class ships have a clothesline and glass doors... so it is possible to have both.

They just have to figure out how to deal with the gap that allows water to escape the shower and soak the bath mat. :(

Every cabin on the M Class ship has a clothesline not just AQ. It is just on the Solstice class with the curved door that there is a problem. The S Class do have a hook that you can hang stuff from if you wish though

Every cabin on the M Class ship has a clothesline not just AQ. It is just on the Solstice class with the curved door that there is a problem. The S Class do have a hook that you can hang stuff from if you wish though

My point was that there is a design currently in use that incorporates both a clothes line AND glass doors.

I was only adding to the information in the discussion.

Hopefully Celebrity takes all of this input and chooses the best of all possibilities. :)

As people seem to be using this thread for their wish list, I'll add mine: I would love Michael's Club to be close to the Suite Restaurant but would very much prefer NOT to have a separate ship-within-a-ship area on the new ships.

It was convenient and enjoyable having MC close to the specialty restaurants on our recent cruise on Eclipse but I am hoping that we will be eating mainly in the suite restaurant in future. However, we sail on Celebrity because we like the product and do not wish to isolate ourselves. [Now, on NCL the Haven sounds like a wonderful idea!] I really dislike the design of the Reflection and Signature suites on Reflection. It must be so inconvenient having to collect guests when you are entertaining and may deter friends from visiting.

Hello,

I would like two things:

1 X to remember one of the new ships may appear this side of the pond and as our weather is not the same as the caribbean to design an 'open deck' that's fit to use in bad weather;

2 To turn a deck inside out - see deck 8 of Norwegian Breakaway, bars and restaurants front onto the sea not an atrium/centrum.

Regards,

Cublet

That is a terrible idea. If X does this, I would not cruise on that ship.

Geeze, who wants Johnny Rockets, etc. that you can find in most any shopping mall in the USA.

I was being sarcastic. The Traditional dining room is a must for us. I was commenting on the trend of diverting people from the MDR to these less than stellar alternatives. :eek:

With all the speculation about which M class might leave the fleet (I've got a Millennium cruise booked for 2016 and an Infinity for 2017) I'd like to ask - do they keep the ships up to Celebrity standards before selling them off or will we notice on the chosen M class ships some slippage in condition? I've never been on either of these ships but have sailed on Constellation twice and always thought it was kept in great shape. I'd be very disappointed to have booked them to find them "let go".

As I am possibly the person who lives nearest to St Nazaire I could move into a tent on the dock side and send in reports . .:D

The gold taps. The largest balcony by a centimetre. Which cabins have the bed nearest the window.

The important stuff ha ha ha

As to the reputation of the French shipyards, carefull now

As people seem to be using this thread for their wish list, I'll add mine: I would love Michael's Club to be close to the Suite Restaurant but would very much prefer NOT to have a separate ship-within-a-ship area on the new ships.

It was convenient and enjoyable having MC close to the specialty restaurants on our recent cruise on Eclipse but I am hoping that we will be eating mainly in the suite restaurant in future. However, we sail on Celebrity because we like the product and do not wish to isolate ourselves. [Now, on NCL the Haven sounds like a wonderful idea!] I really dislike the design of the Reflection and Signature suites on Reflection. It must be so inconvenient having to collect guests when you are entertaining and may deter friends from visiting.

We loved our stay in a Signature suite, and would book again (if we could... ;) ) The suites are much nicer, more like a boutique hotel room. Perhaps X will add some of these to the new ships, but not have them isolated as they are on Reflection.

With all the speculation about which M class might leave the fleet (I've got a Millennium cruise booked for 2016 and an Infinity for 2017) I'd like to ask - do they keep the ships up to Celebrity standards before selling them off or will we notice on the chosen M class ships some slippage in condition? I've never been on either of these ships but have sailed on Constellation twice and always thought it was kept in great shape. I'd be very disappointed to have booked them to find them "let go".

I'm not sure I'd worry about this at all. I think it's a safe bet that they will keep the ships up to Celebrity standards.

However, if celebrity is sincere about offering small ship itineraries, then perhaps they may decide to keep the m-class ships for those smaller ship itineraries. Keep in mind that the new ships are essentially the same size as the s-class so they don't open up the opportunity to visit new ports or even dock at the same convenient locations as a real smaller ship (azamara/oceania plus the statendam class on HAL and princess small ships.

We loved our stay in a Signature suite, and would book again (if we could... ;) ) The suites are much nicer, more like a boutique hotel room. Perhaps X will add some of these to the new ships, but not have them isolated as they are on Reflection.

Apologies, I worded my statement badly. I did not mean the Reflection and Signature suites were badly designed but was referring to the isolation of those suites.

Apologies, I worded my statement badly. I did not mean the Reflection and Signature suites were badly designed but was referring to the isolation of those suites.

The isolation was intentional. Celebrity even admitted this in promotional materials published at the time Reflection was first announced. It's to make the occupants feel the area is more exclusive.

If one ship was to be based out of the UK - a decent Indian restaurant would be nice. If based in Asia, a decent Cantonese restaurant. The current menu for Silk Harvest on some of the roster of ships seems a bit "safe dishes of all Asia" - Chicken Tikka Masala, Miso Soup, Pad thai and Kung Po Beef - Perhaps even rotate the menu on different nights (Thai one night, Indian another and so on) - that that would encourage us to go back to the same restaurant 2 or 3 times during a cruise. A proper French Bistro or slightly more casual but good quality Italian pasta / pizzeria would also be nice.

Other ideas - a theatre in the round (shape of ship might make that impossible).

A hidden / difficult to find intimate old fashioned club bar - with a fantastic selection of single malt whisky. A perfect land based example being the chinnery bar in Hong Kong

http://www.mandarinoriental.com/hongkong/fine-dining/the-chinnery/

The clearance at the Bridge of the Americas is 201 feet, too low for many large cruise ships including the ships included in the Solstice class.

I believe that only one ship in the class, the Solstice, has had a modification that allows her to retract her top masts to slip under 200'' about 61 meters

I'd like to see the new ships built so that they could pass under the bridges before Sydney and Montreal... 49 meters

Not sure why you would want Celebrity to build a ship that could pass under the Sydney Harbor bridge, and possibly not dock right by the Opera House?

It seems the definition of what a mega ship is has changed . 2900 is a lot of pax.

Perhaps this is no longer considered a mega ship but it is still a very big ship.

This is not criticism. I understand the economics where more passengers = lower costs P P.

I still don't see how this class of ships will " deliver small ship itineraries " Mr. Fain.

The definition has definitely changed, I remember when Century was considered a mega ship and people on this board swore they would never sail her because of her size.