Jerome Sueur - Cruise Director - Thoughts ????

As you might know from my past posts I am a cruiser who likes a decent cruise director and who does feel that it adds or takes away from the cruise experience for me.

(I appreciate and accept that many of you feel otherwise :))

Can any of you comment on your thoughts about Jerome Sueur, as I've not heard of him or sailed with him before ???

(I know people's views are subjective, but I'm interested)

Thanks a lot :) :)

I was on Allure with Jerome in both October & November of this year. For me a cruise director doesn't make or break a cruise. in my opinion I thought he was really good. I saw him a bunch of times throughout each week around the ship including playing pool volleyball with passengers. He is good with the microphone in the theatre & competitions/activities. He made the Quest a lot of fun. The only thing I didn't like was the morning show on the TV. It was pre-recorded each night then played back the next morning. I didn't understand that as other cruises I've been on it's live in the morning.

Overall I thought he was very good.

We were just on the Allure last week and thought he was great! Funny and saw him numerous times around the ship. A couple times we saw the morning show with him and the activities director for a few minutes and although it's cheesy they were cracking us up for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The only thing I didn't like was the morning show on the TV. It was pre-recorded each night then played back the next morning. I didn't understand that as other cruises I've been on it's live in the morning.

Overall I thought he was very good.

I thought they always pre-recorded the morning shows albeit I have only been on three cruises. Given the hours they put in I wouldn't expect the CD and his staff to up at the crack of dawn to record the show.

I thought they always pre-recorded the morning shows albeit I have only been on three cruises. Given the hours they put in I wouldn't expect the CD and his staff to up at the crack of dawn to record the show.

I agree. Pretty sure that are all pre-recorded :)

Jerome was fabulous on the November 9 sailing! Very friendly guy with a great sense of humor. He stopped to speak to me every time he saw me onboard which was very special as I was a solo cruiser.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...

We just got off the Navigator and thought Jerome was one of the worst cruise directors we've ever had, and many that we spoke too seemed to have shared this opinion. I don't know what it is, but he just came off extremely arrogant. There was one instance where a show had to be cancelled due to a technical difficulty which is no big deal. As we were entering our cabin directly after, he was walking by so we figured we'd joke around with him by saying that we were "so upset about the show being cancelled." Now here's where it got weird. We were very clearly joking with him and even used a funny voice and were all laughing about it, typical cruise humor haha, and he went from smiling and completely snapped. "IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THAT'S JUST THE WAY IT IS. I WILL NOT ENDANGER MY DANCER'S NO MATTER WHAT YOU SAY OR HOW MUCH YOU PRESSURE ME." and he stormed off. A 10 year old with us went "What just happened?" Crazy!

He grew on me.

I agree with MM. We had him for our March B2B in 2015 and saw him about the ship both weeks. We also spotted him "watching" shows from the top/back rows that he didn't even introduce. It was like he just dropped in to watch how it was going. We even had a few minutes over both weeks for a quick chat while he was walking about the ship.

We sailed on Allure again in June in the Med after drydock. He was the exact same floating about the ship here and there. We bumped into him at JR and chatted for a couple of minutes. He surprised us as he asked if we sailed with him recently, as he remembered us. He was great for the med as he knows many languages and he seemed to shine in this aspect.

A CD wouldn't make or break a sailing for me. If I'm on a ship I'm happy enough to take whoever the CD is. However, Jerome and some other CD fall into the group that I would be happy to see again. On a side note I miss Allan Brooks, but life continues.:)

As you might know from my past posts I am a cruiser who likes a decent cruise director and who does feel that it adds or takes away from the cruise experience for me.

(I appreciate and accept that many of you feel otherwise :))

Can any of you comment on your thoughts about Jerome Sueur, as I've not heard of him or sailed with him before ???

(I know people's views are subjective, but I'm interested)

Thanks a lot :) :)

I will read your replies with interest in case I ever find my self on a ship with Jerome. When I saw your post, I thought to myself, I wonder how many posts before someone feels required to respond with they don't care who the CD is on their cruise. I'm impressed in only 1 year and 1000 posts you have figured out to word posts to try and keep the flames away! Good work. (Back to reading)

Most of the morning shows are pre-recorded as far as I 've seen. Some don't make that obvious, others like Casey Pelter make it real obvious. However, in some cases, i've heard the CD come on the PA system and make announcments when something suddenly changes making some part of the show innaccurate.

• 11 months later...

Just off Brilliance - I'd say Jerome Sueur was meh. Loved his Santa suit - an actual business type suit in red and white. He was OK - but didn't seem that into many of the activities. They seemed more like check marks. Even the last night quest show - lots of crowd participation and I felt like he just rushed it. Our last RCL quest show was so funny and the cruise directory just made it more fun. So I was disappointed with this one - and he only seemed to give bonus points and wins to groups right in front of him. Because, well, that was easier than actually being involved.

He also just repeated the same sayings over and over - like he was on auto-pilot. I think he might need a sabbatical to refresh.

I agree with those who mentioned that the morning show is almost always recorded the night prior to its broadcast. That has been the situation on every RCI ship we have cruised on. I have never had a problem with that and not sure why anyone would object or would actually expect it to be broadcast live.:)