Automatic Gratuity Amounts

DrPepper7

I've looked all over for the answer to this and can't seem to find it, so maybe someone here can help.

I could've sworn that I read somewhere that 3rd and 4th passengers have a reduced tip amount. I'm trying to inform my family members as to exactly how much they will be charged for the daily automatic tips, but can't seem to find the info here or on the RCI website.

Is it $12 per person per day no matter what, or do the 3rd and 4th guests pay less?

Also, it is possible to pay these in advance if we are not doing MTD? And if so, how? I can't find anything regarding this on the website either...

Thanks in advance for any help!!

That would be nice if 3rd and 4th paid less gratuities, but it's not true. All passenger, regardless of age, are charged $12.00 per night for a cabin which is not a suite. And yes, you can certainly have the grats added to your final bill before you leave home - helps make the onboard sticker shock a bit less! :p:)

I've looked all over for the answer to this and can't seem to find it, so maybe someone here can help.

I could've sworn that I read somewhere that 3rd and 4th passengers have a reduced tip amount. I'm trying to inform my family members as to exactly how much they will be charged for the daily automatic tips, but can't seem to find the info here or on the RCI website.

Is it $12 per person per day no matter what, or do the 3rd and 4th guests pay less?

Also, it is possible to pay these in advance if we are not doing MTD? And if so, how? I can't find anything regarding this on the website either...

It is the same for all. $12.00 per person per day. Grand suites and above are slightly higher.

Just call RCI and you can prepay over the phone.

the gratuities are the same whether you pay full price or have a free berth. at some point you will be given the option to pre pay them regardless of the dining option you choose.

Ok...not sure where my confusion came from...but Thank you!!

I too seem to recall a lower daily suggestions amount, but for kids and not just the third and fourth passengers -- seems to have been either a dream or a thing of the past though.

I too seem to recall a lower daily suggestions amount, but for kids and not just the third and fourth passengers -- seems to have been either a dream or a thing of the past though.

Some other lines charge lower gratuities for small children but not this one, nor do I feel they should.

Does a member of the balcony club get a discount? ;) :D

No, sadly we've heard rumors that balcony club members are soon to be charged extra…all that sanitizer is expensive, and now that there's probably a worldwide shortage of it looming due to cruise ship consumption in general, the price will surely skyrocket. So all card carrying balcony club members are advised to keep their membership (as well as periodic renewals of membership) on the down low…shhhhh;):D

Some other lines charge lower gratuities for small children but not this one, nor do I feel they should.

I agree with you.....if I was however traveling with an infant child, I would be unhappy to pay the full fare (even the 3rd or 4th person fee) for the child, who will not be eating table food.

You're confusion comes from a lower 3/4 person rate in the same cabin.....that's for the cruise...not the tips!

No, sadly this is not the source. I know the difference in the fees. But I suppose the source is not really that important anyway, at least I have my answer :)