save the waves statement

I am in the process of scanning the compass' for the cruise we just got off and read on one piece of paper the following:

In Royal Caribbean's continued effort to save the Waves, we are no longer delivering the Guest Satisfaction surveys to guest staterooms.

While I applaud them for this, the continue to add 3 to 4 pages of ads to the compass' every day for sales, massages, etc on the ship . Lots of wasted paper.

They should use the Imessage function on the TV's on ships that have this feature at least to further Save the Waves.

Bill

Great idea! While I do love to scan the "specials", especially in the spa on port days, it is quite irritating to receive these day after day after day, wasting all of that paper.

It would be a pleasure to scan the specials on the stateroom TV. Now, if I could just get my junk mail stopped at home . . .:rolleyes:

I am in the process of scanning the compass' for the cruise we just got off and read on one piece of paper the following:

In Royal Caribbean's continued effort to save the Waves, we are no longer delivering the Guest Satisfaction surveys to guest staterooms.

While I applaud them for this, the continue to add 3 to 4 pages of ads to the compass' every day for sales, massages, etc on the ship . Lots of wasted paper.

They should use the Imessage function on the TV's on ships that have this feature at least to further Save the Waves.

Bill

When it is "revenue" related save the waves does not matter.

Just my and observation ;)

Edited by swooldri

I haven't purposely turned on a TV in a stateroom yet. Others in my family have, but I don't go looking for TV time on a cruise.

I kind of like the paperwork, and I take it all home and scrapbook it (eventually I'll recycle the things that are repeated ads).

The surveys...I bet they simply realized that they might get more responses with an emailed survey.

Alas ours expired before we got home from vacation. Since the second part of our vacation was another cruise and we didn't have internet access, it was impossible to do it. :(

It's the cost of compiling the old paper surveys. How Many Man Hours Were Spent per cruise Collecting, Unfolding, Checking and feeding those old paper forms through a reader...

An Online Form is just so much faster.

Oh and most of that paper is totally recyclable.

Dennis

It's the cost of compiling the old paper surveys. How Many Man Hours Were Spent per cruise Collecting, Unfolding, Checking and feeding those old paper forms through a reader...

Oh and most of that paper is totally recyclable.

Dennis

Also they were not read on the ship. They were collected and sent out by courier to a central site where they were processed. At least that is what we saw aboard the Monarch in 2012.

Dennis

the online form must be completed within 7 days of end of cruise (unless its changed in last few months) which does not give all people a chance to respond, ie if you are not going straight home or if your on a b2b. this has been the case twice for me and have flagged it up to them earlier this year. whilst on a holiday i dont take a laptop or spend hours trying to get online on board (far too slow) ithink you should have longer to reply

I agree that 7 days is too short a time to allow you to complete the survey. 2 weeks would be more reasonable. If it is too long people will put it off and never complete it. However, with only a week you can not be combining a land and cruise vacation or have a B2B. . . are you listening RC??:D:D

Bill

It's a nice spin from RCI, but paper is recycled. If it generated direct revenue, like the ads, you would get more.

The real reason the survey is now online is the cost of printing, collecting, and compiling the surveys and analyzing the results. The computer now does everything.

While I think Save the Waves is great concept, yes, it generally does go hand in hand with 'Save the Dollars'

Not washing your towels everyday *is* more environmentally friendly...it also happens to save a lot of time and money.

Not throwing your trash overboard *does* prevent pollution...it also prevents them from getting fined.

Same thing here. Yes, it is better to save all the paper. It's also far more efficient and better on the pocket not to have to waste time compiling and manually reading and tallying all those papers. You're right that if they really wanted to save paper, there are plenty of other things they could target.

Bill

Unused Cruise Compass material is recycled. For some, it is a souvenir. Many take them home. I'm sure someday it will mainly be digital, but something will always need to be printed.