Questions about the 50th Anniversary Promo

sandyss

We just booked a cruise in the Coral Princess and received the 50th Anniversary Promotion. The promo includes $100 OBC and Dinner at a Specialty Restaurant.

Since we haven't sailed with Princess for many years, I have a couple of questions that I hope can be answered by others on this board.

1) Is the OBC unrestricted? Can it be used for gratuities and/or beverages?

2) The Specialty Restaurant part of the promo is very confusing. The offer states: "Bookings on applicable sailings will receive a complimentary dinner for two in one of our onboard specialty restaurants, Sabatini’s, Crown Grill, Bayou Cafe, or Sterling Steakhouse. Restaurants vary by ship and "reservations will be made on your behalf by Princess."

I believe that Sabatini's and the Bayou Cafe are the specialty restaurants on the Coral.

Do I call Princess to get restaurant reservations, book the reservation somewhere online, or wait until we are on board (next May) to find out what reservation has been assigned to us? I'm very confused.

Can anyone clarify this for me? Thanks so much.

The obc can be used how ever you like when you get your bill at the end of the cruise it will show as a deduction from your total. When you get in your room there should be a coupon for your free meal book your reservation and bring it with you.

Because a large number of passengers may have the specialty restaurant promotion, Princess will pick a restaurant and day and time for you and inform you through a notice to your cabin on embarkation day. (You cannot arrange this in advance or let them know your preference.)

If the reservation made is not acceptable to you, go to the restaurant you would prefer ASAP and see if they can change the reservation to what you would like.

Thanks for the info on the OBC and Specialty Restaurant. I'll keep my fingers crossed that we get Sabatini's for an early dinner.

Just a note. Check your bill prior to the last evening. Glad we do this as our OBC (from Princess and a gift that trip) didn't show. We were told the gift credit would show first. When I checked (No lines yet) it had been missed. They took care of it and we had no final bill :) (well 3 bucks).

Not sure if all the ships have the machine in the atrium to let you do your own or just go to the desk.

If the restaurant booking and/or time is not to your liking just call the DINE Line and request a change. We did this without any issues on a similar promo.

OBC is just a credit to you on board account. Take print outs of all your OBC's with you. Check your account on the first full day to assure all is correct.

Do you know? Princess offers OBC's for current and ex-military. Check here: http://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/faq_answer_legal/Military_Personnel_Benefit_US.pdf

Princess also offers OBC for those that own Carnival Stock. Check here:http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

All OBC are additive.

Pardon my ignorance but I am wondering if this offer is targeted to selected 2015 Coral Princess cruises only? We are booked on a partial transit Panama Canal cruise departing April 1, 2015 and this is the first I've heard of these offers. I'm especially interested in the specialty restaurant dinners.

Edited by Orlando Vic

Pardon my ignorance but I am wondering if this offer is targeted to selected 2015 Coral Princess cruises only? We are booked on a partial transit Panama Canal cruise departing April 1, 2015 and this is the first I've heard of these offers. I'm especially interested in the specialty restaurant dinners.

I think these offers just depend on when you book. We booked during a different 50th anniversary promo and are getting OBC, $100 OBC designated for tours, and gratuities included, but no specialty dining.

We had a specialty restaurant off on our latest cruise. They assigned us a restaurant but left the date and time blank so we could make our own reservations.

Thanks, Janice. Nice "hearing" from you again. But did you have to apply for these promos or rebook in order to get them? Or was it all automatic?

-Vic

I booked a 1 week cruise for Sept., 2015 earlier that year which didn't have the Specialty Restaurant offer. Somebody on cruise critics mentioned that Princess was having a sale beginning on Dec. 3rd. I knew that if we hadn't made full payment on a cruise, we could request the sale price. I contacted my TA, she contacted Princess and was able to get $120 off the cruise price for the 2 of us as well as the free specialty restaurant dinner. If the sale is still on, you to can also take advantage of this offer.

Thanks, Janice. Nice "hearing" from you again. But did you have to apply for these promos or rebook in order to get them? Or was it all automatic?

-Vic

Hi Vic! For us, it was part of the original offer when they were doing the Three for Free promotion for our TA cruise.

Has anyone booked in an inside cabin been able to take advantage of the specialty restaurant promo? I have been told that that offer is only good for oceanview cabins and higher. I'd like to find out if this is really true.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Here is what it says...should apply to inside also if promo is for the cruise. When doing a booking where the promo is offered & choosing inside stateroom it comes up with the OBC so dining should also apply.

50TH ANNIVERSARY SALE: TERMS & CONDITIONS

Sale ends February 26, 11:59pm PT

Celebrate 50 years with Princess Cruises with our BIGGEST SALE EVER! Save up to $500 per person*, get up to $200 FREE Anniversary spending money‡ and FREE specialty dining for 2**! PLUS bring your loved ones with up to 50% off 3rd and 4th guests†! BOOK TODAY with a REFUNDABLE reduced deposit of $100!^

† 3rd & 4th guests up to 50% off is based on a discount off the third and/or fourth person fares in a stateroom. Discount is taken at time of booking.

^ Reduced deposit of $100 per person applies to all guests in a stateroom. Deposits made under this promotion are refundable and non-transferable.

‡ Free onboard spending money is in the form of an onboard credit. Up to $200 USD onboard credit per stateroom applies to select sailings and varies according to category booked and sailing duration. Any unused onboard credit is non-refundable. Past guests may qualify for lower fares than those advertised that do not combine with the Onboard Credit offer. Free spending money is determined by length of voyage; 7-10 days: $100 per stateroom, 11 or more days: $200 per stateroom. See website included below for more details.

** Bookings on applicable sailings will receive a complimentary dinner for two in one of our onboard specialty restaurants, Sabatini’s, Crown Grill, Bayou Cafe, or Sterling Steakhouse. Restaurants vary by ship and reservations will be made on your behalf by Princess. Special dining events that take place in Specialty restaurants are excluded from the dining offer. Offer cannot be used toward the purchase of specialty dining packages. Alcoholic beverages and sodas are not included, and are available at an additional cost. Specialty dining gratuities are included. It will be at the guest’s discretion as to which two guests in the booking redeems the offer. One offer per stateroom. Offer is non-transferable, has no cash value and Princess reserves the right to substitute for an onboard credit of equal value and will expire if not used by 10:00 PM on the last evening of the cruise.

* Save up to $500 per person is based on a discount off applicable Launch Fares on a space available basis at time of booking on select sailings only. Launch Fares are offering fares and may not have been in effect for the past 90 days or resulted in actual sales in all categories. Intermediate discounts may have been taken and fares may remain at discounted levels after this promotion. Fares apply to minimum lead-in categories on a space-available basis at time of booking. Fares for other categories, sailings and cruisetours may vary. Fares are per person, non-air, cruise- or cruisetour-only, based on double occupancy and apply to the first two guests in a stateroom. These fares do not apply to singles or third/fourth-berth guests. Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses of up to $450 are additional and subject to change. This offer applies to new bookings only, is capacity controlled and may not be combinable with any other public or past guest discount. Offers available to residents of the 50 United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Bermuda and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older and receive this offer. Fares quoted in U.S. dollars. Please refer to princess.com for terms, conditions and definitions that apply to all bookings.

Offer expires: February 26, 2015. Reference promotion code: R50, RTA.

Note: For assistance reserving a wheelchair-accessible stateroom, please contact customer service at 1-800-774-6237.

Edited by BJS

Just a note. Check your bill prior to the last evening. Glad we do this as our OBC (from Princess and a gift that trip) didn't show. We were told the gift credit would show first. When I checked (No lines yet) it had been missed. They took care of it and we had no final bill :) (well 3 bucks).

Not sure if all the ships have the machine in the atrium to let you do your own or just go to the desk.

The Coral has 2 of these kiosks near the passenger service desk.

-Vic

First, check and see if your cruise qualifies for this promotion. If it does, call your TA or Princess and they'll adjust your booking.

Has anyone booked in an inside cabin been able to take advantage of the specialty restaurant promo? I have been told that that offer is only good for oceanview cabins and higher. I'd like to find out if this is really true.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No, this isn't true.

• 2 years later...