Excursions in Cozumel

happyspouses

We've been to Cozumel several times and have done the usual excursions including the Tulum Mayan Ruins, Snorkeling, America's Cup Racing, Stingray Encounter, Catamaran Sailing, and Twister Speed Boat. Does anyone having any recommendations for other excursions that you've enjoyed, either through Princess or a private company in Cozumel?

We've been to Cozumel several times and have done the usual excursions including the Tulum Mayan Ruins, Snorkeling, America's Cup Racing, Stingray Encounter, Catamaran Sailing, and Twister Speed Boat. Does anyone having any recommendations for other excursions that you've enjoyed, either through Princess or a private company in Cozumel?

We too have done the Cozumel Bar Hop and highly recommend it. We have also done the "Salsa and Salsa" excursion which was a blast. You learn to make several types of salsa while learning salsa dance steps. Oh and least I forget, you get served several types of very good drinks (suggestion: if doing this first thing in the morning, eat breakfast before leaving the ship!)

We went to Chankanaab National Park last time we were there and we loved it. Different shows and paths you can go down to see ruins. Lots of fun
We also enjoyed visiting Chankanaab on one of our cruises. You can get a discount coupon at the park's website. The price has increased since we were there, but it's still cheaper than taking an excursion through the cruise line.

The "ruins" at Chankanaab are replicas. If you want to see actual ruins, you can go to San Gervasio on the island or take an excursion to one of the sites on the mainland.

Nacci Cocom is the best all inclusive in Cozumel, that is in my opinion. May be too calm for you, but take a look at it on trip advisor. It is truly a slice of heaven. Going back, for the second time this year Christmas eve, can't wait.

Nachi Cocum is a great way to spend the day. They limit the number if tickets sold to 100 so the beach is never crowded. The price includes a very good lunch and all drinks including alcohol. You must buy the tickets ahead of time online. There is also a pool with a swim up bar. It's a very nice facility.

I have always found it's safe and easy to take a cab and go to the right from port and stop at ANY of the resorts along the beach (they run 15-45 min drive along coast)and chill.they offer Chairs,umbrella's, food drink and snorkel equip.

We too have done the Cozumel Bar Hop and highly recommend it. We have also done the "Salsa and Salsa" excursion which was a blast. You learn to make several types of salsa while learning salsa dance steps. Oh and least I forget, you get served several types of very good drinks (suggestion: if doing this first thing in the morning, eat breakfast before leaving the ship!)

This is a fun excursion. Agree with Whitecap.:):)

If you have your motorcycle license book with eagle rider. Best trip to date. Cooking with Josephina this time.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What bikes do they have for rent? I'd be interested in doing that in cozumel.

I did the Cozumel Bar hop excursion and had a great time.

Cheers!

Dennis

We did too last year and loved it! It isn't like it sounds!!! You see the other side of the island that has no electricity and go to 4 bars on the beach. So much fun! We are going again this year with some friends.

Cozumel Bar Hop was exceptional. The scenery on the other side of the island is amazing and the drinks....well let's just say they were better than the scenery :D It is a nice mix of history of the island and enjoying the laid-back atmosphere of the quiet side of Cozumel. Oh...and you don't have to drink to have a good time. We didn't know the others when we started out but we were all good friends on the way back :)

Another vote for the Cozumel Bar Hop...check out reviews & photos below...we had a great time with very friendly, courteous & knowledgeable guilds...and as others have said, that side of the island is just beautiful !

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d1788364-Reviews-Cozumel_Bar_Hop_Tour-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

:D

So did I. Great guide, and be very careful, the drinks are quite strong. The free ones won't make you drunk but, say, three margaritas in addition, and I assure you you're not going to remember getting back on the ship. I speak from experience :) Now, if I could only remember what happened to my bar hop T shirt and how I wound up with ... but I digress.

Cheers!

Dennis

We did the Cozumel Bar Hop this year & had a fantastic/fun time !!! First time to Cozumel did the Ruins and later cruises went to a couple of beaches. Then found the Hop and will do that whenever we are in Cozumel :D !

If you like chocolate:

Chocolate Seaside Workshop, Tasting and Wine Pairing CZM-260

Have a devouring passion for chocolate? Then this yummy tour is for you. This tasty seminar not only reveals the history and mystery surrounding this divine "food of the gods," but you get to make your own sweet treat, indulge in tasting and learn how to pair wine with chocolate.

When you think of rich, velvety, scrumptious chocolate, you probably think of Belgium, Switzerland, or even Hershey, Pennsylvania…but Cozumel? You may not know this bit of culinary history, but the roots of chocolate are firmly planted in Central America; by the time the conquistadors arrived in the 16th century the Mesoamericans had been cultivating cocoa for at least a thousand years. When the Maya moved from their home in Guatemala to Mexico they brought cacao with them. This energizing elixir was so highly prized that when the Aztecs began to rule Mexico in 1200 A.D., chocolate not only became a symbol of power and authority, but cacao beans were used as currency. Of course, while they added many delightful ingredients like cinnamon, it never occurred to the Maya to mix milk into their chocolate.

Today, not much has changed. Chocolate is still valued for its flavor. During this two-and-a-half-hour excursion, you'll sip and savor the sweet delicacies of this potent potion, and discover how chocolate gets to your glass, mug or dessert plate. From the pier it's just a short (15 minute taxi) ride to a charming venue overlooking the sparkling Caribbean water.

Upon arrival, sit back and relax with a refreshing chocolate drink while your host regales you with tales of the Mayans and Aztecs and their affinity for this ancient brew that begins as a tiny blossom on a small tropical tree. Then, as now, there are simple steps in creating the perfect piece of chocolate. During an in-depth presentation, learn how the ripe, melon-shaped cocoa pods are cracked open to extract the beans, and harvested and placed on vats, which starts the fermentation process. After each bean is stripped of its outer shell, the tiny cocoa nib is left behind and ground into cocoa. Join in the fun by grinding some of the traditional ingredients yourself and making your very own bar of chocolate. (Time on site is 2 hours 15 minutes including 60 minutes free time.)

After the demonstration, you can indulge in a tasting of various chocolaty items including a delicious taco topped with a savory mole sauce, a pungent mixture of chilies, spices and chocolate that dates back to the early colonial period.

While chocolate can be sweet or savory, its intense flavor may make it difficult to pair with your favorite wine. During your two-hour seminar, your host will share the secret to the perfect pairing followed by time to browse the gift shop in search for a mouthwatering reminder of your visit.

At the end of your epicurean journey, you'll board the taxi and return (15 minutes) to your ship. Or, if you prefer, you can continue downtown and explore even more at your leisure before returning to the ship.

Medical Restriction: No pregnancies or guest with nut allergies

Another vote for the Bar Hop. We have gone the last 2 times in Cozumel and love it.

We have also gone to Nachi and once to Mr. Sanchos. I do enjoy Nachi, but we prefer being more "on the move" than laying on the beach. Nacho is a much better financial deal than the bar hop since the drinks and food are included.

Our upcoming trip we are going to do something different and try Chankanaab as we want to do the Dolphin Swim again (we did once in Nassau at Blue Lagoon). I've also never been there so thought it would be nice to see a different beach.

I imagine we'll be back on the Bar Hop bus for future visits :)