P&O no longer loyal

steve8154

I ask the ones who have commented, everyone has their right to voice their opinion, have you been in a situation where you have lost £300.00, if you have, how have you felt, if you haven't, how would you feel??.

You haven't lost £300. The only money you have lost is the deposit that you alone decided to throw away.

Princess actually apply price drops to UK customers now, they didn't up to about a year ago. No laws involved.

Yes I knew about the Princess policy on price-match but the different cancellation policy with no penalty is across all the US lines I've ever used - but only for US cruisers

Yes I knew about the Princess policy on price-match but the different cancellation policy with no penalty is across all the US lines I've ever used - but only for US cruisers

Princess do now offer UK passengers a full refund if a cruise is cancelled outside 180 days of cruise date, and of course they are also owned by Carnival.

In addition most major cruise lines offer a much lower deposit than P&O's 15%.

It's not just for US cruisers but for bookings made through a TA in the US. I've booked through US TAs several times in order to get pricing much lower than in the UK along with free pre-paid gratuities and the more favorable booking conditions.

It's not just for US cruisers but for bookings made through a TA in the US. I've booked through US TAs several times in order to get pricing much lower than in the UK along with free pre-paid gratuities and the more favorable booking conditions.

Correct.

Did anyone really think that P&O cares whether there is a Caribbean/Baltic member in a cabin or a new cruiser? Why would they. They are selling a cruise holiday. Why would it matter to them who buys it.

We choose our cruises for itinerary, price, length of cruise. I don't care if it's Cunard, P&O or Fred.

Dai, I keep telling you this is incorrect, Princess in the UK has its own terms and conditions which are totally different to those in the US and not at all subject to US law.

However they do still offer to price match for UK passengers, without any strings for those who know the score and request a price match, just don't expect them to offer it without you asking.

I I keep telling you and everyone else if it were not law in the US they would not do it here.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I I keep telling you and everyone else if it were not law in the US they would not do it here.

Why do they have to do it here, when it's U.S. law? Surely they could have completely different terms and conditions for the UK. If U.S. passengers book P&O cruises in the States, if it is U.S. law, P&O would have to honour any price drops. Is this what you are saying?:confused:

If that was true then why have Princess only just extended this priviledge to UK passengers when it has been offering this for years in the states.

Please admit when you are wrong, like the rest of us do.

You well know Princess do not do this out of the kindness of their hearts. They have to do it by US law.

If that was true then why have Princess only just extended this priviledge to UK passengers when it has been offering this for years in the states.

Please admit when you are wrong, like the rest of us do.

He is sort of heading in the right direction, give it a few more pages.

Well that all made very interesting holiday morning reading. I knew that US law means a different cancellation/price drop and yes perhaps it should be the same for UK cruises but I have to accept the terms on offer. As for the OP I certainly think it was a tad hasty to cancel and lose the £100 deposit. Perhaps better to have been pleased with the chance of a £200 cabin price reduction on a cruise that, presumably, you were keen to book at the original cost. Your next cruise booking has just cost you £100 more.

Merry Christmas to all. I enjoy the many varied and often very informative comments.

Makes no difference. The service is there and it gives peace of mind, knowing you are not going to lose out.:)

I have a Princess cruise booked for summer 2015 and will be watching closely for price reductions. As I understand it some UK customers have benefited from this so it is not just because US law demands it.

Oops! did not read all those other posts

Edited by davecttr

I have a Princess cruise booked for summer 2015 and will be watching closely for price reductions. As I understand it some UK customers have benefited from this so it is not just because US law demands it.

Oops! did not read all those other posts

Correct. When you book in the UK with a UK agent or Direct with Princess in the UK you are bound by UK laws and booking conditions as stated by Carnival UK or Princess UK.

With Princess UK you need to follow standard terms such as having adequate insurance etc (not required for US bookings) among others.

However, since last year if you bookedin the UK you can take advantage of price drops, as I did last year saving over £1200 in the process.

US law does not come into it if you are booking in the UK. Why would it? You are booking with a UK company.

Sent from my iPhone. Please excuse tryping orrers.

Hi there.

I booked on the Arcadia 18 months before I went,if I had booked 4weeks before I went I would have saved £1580.On the other hand in March i booked to go on the Oriana in April it has now gone up £2000 per person,so I guess it's swings and roundabouts,we have to book early as we need a 3bed cabin and they aren't always available if you book a saver fare.best thing to do when you've booked and you were happy with price ,is don't look again!

happy new year

Alanlaard

Generally I'd agree with that Alan but it isn't half nice looking smugly at the prices for our cruise on Oriana in April at the moment. Of course we might have a very different view in 8 or so weeks if P&O suddenly introduce a "Late Saver" at half the price we paid.

Never mind, we've paid our balance and are just looking forward to a great time on board. :)