Liberty - Fish 'n Chips

bigeagle12

Just off the Liberty yesterday .

Had fish and chips twice @ Fish & Chips , was very good .

Other unusual items like octopus I never tried .

Fish @ Chips location a bit hard to find as you don't normally walk by it .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I think like everything else, it is a matter of personal preference. I thought the fish and chips were horrible. FULL of grease and mushy. I didn't like the ceviche either. Yet on another thread once someone was so thrilled with the fish and chips. Was trying to choose a ship on his next cruise based on if they had it or not. So again, you may love it!

My hubby and I ate there on Liberty in November. The fish and chips are a little greasy, but come on, it's fried food. The breading was nice and it tasted fresh. We also had the shrimp ceviche and the ahi tuna watermelon salad. If you like raw ahi, then the tuna watermelon salad is phenomonal. I didn't care as much for the ceviche, but I generally prefer ahi tuna over shrimp. We went on the first day, and it was like a ghost town up there. We forgot to go back again. Hubby got hooked on Mongolian Wok, and I loved the Blue Iguana. We were also off the ship during the open hours of Fish N Chips on port days.

My advice: try it. Try everything! If you don't like it, you can always get a Guys burger, deli sandwich, pizza, etc.

My hubby and I ate there on Liberty in November. The fish and chips are a little greasy, but come on, it's fried food. The breading was nice and it tasted fresh. We also had the shrimp ceviche and the ahi tuna watermelon salad. If you like raw ahi, then the tuna watermelon salad is phenomonal. I didn't care as much for the ceviche, but I generally prefer ahi tuna over shrimp. We went on the first day, and it was like a ghost town up there. We forgot to go back again. Hubby got hooked on Mongolian Wok, and I loved the Blue Iguana. We were also off the ship during the open hours of Fish N Chips on port days.

My advice: try it. Try everything! If you don't like it, you can always get a Guys burger, deli sandwich, pizza, etc.

There is no harm in trying!!

I love fish and chips area for lunch.

I agree that the ahi, tuna salad were great. I also really enjoyed the cerviche. I would usually order a greasy, fried item as well but would eat the fresh salad or cerviche to balance it off ;)

I always go the fish and chips stations. The fish and chips are just ok, but I really love the bouillabaisse. Also the fried oysters are pretty good.

I agree that the soup was wonderful. It's even better when you add the seafood ceviche to it.

I prefer my fish to be baked, broiled, grilled, or lightly battered and pan fried, and not deep fried in grease. The fish at the Fish & Chips station is too greasy. The fries at Guy's Burgers are 100% better than the ones at the Fish & Chips station.

It's been a while since I've eaten at Fish n Chips. So maybe it's changed since then, but when my husband ate there we had the fried fish and french fries. Both were really good. I mean greasy, yes. They were fried. But they were really good!! i do think I preferred the fries at Fish n Chips better but thats mainly because I like the cut of them. I would definitely eat there if I had it as a food option on another cruise!

My mother tried the Fish N Chips on the Liberty on our cruise this past May. She really liked it, and we were both surprised. It was indeed greasy, though I have to agree.

Even if you do not eat at the Fish N Chips itself, I highly recommend going up there to eat. There is way more seating up there compared to downstairs where the main food area is located.

Loved the Liberty, hope you will too!

• 2 weeks later...

Have been on the Liberty 3 times. Tried fish and chips 1 time. That was enough. They are so greasy and the fish tasted like it was not cooked long enough. Oysters were so gritty it tasted like I was eating gravel. Needed to be cleaned better.

Go and try for yourself you may enjoy. It is just not for us.

Everyone keeps saying 'fish and chips' what kind of fish is it? Cod, Haddock, Halibut?

I was on the Liberty in Jan 2014 and never tried it, but will be on the Conquest this month (in 7 days! :) ) and would like to try it! Ive never eaten cod though. Halibut is what I stick with. Other then that, im not a fish eater!