Oceania booklet

Minoushka

Do we need it to get on board ..the one they send with luggage tags

What exactly do we need to board our ship .i did print documents sent by the TA but i never got a boarding pass ..is that correct ?

Will my tags be enough proof ?of course with my passport

As others have said, it depends upon the embarkation port. Some ports have a person at the entrance to the terminal checking for proof that you're sailing. Once early in my cruising life I didn't take a thing that proved I was on the sailing, except perhaps for the pre-printed Oceania luggage tags that I had put on my bags. The port did not allow me to go into the terminal until they contacted an Oceania rep to confirm that I was OK to sail. It was not a huge deal but now I tear out the pertinent page from the booklet and take that with me. I seldom have to show it (although in at least one port terminal I've had to give them my name and/or ID), but it's only one piece of paper, so I continue to bring it along! Some people are horrified that I pull apart that nice-looking booklet, but I like to at least TRY to travel light, so away goes the rest....

Unless you want it for a souvenir, once you board you'll have all the information you need (itinerary, crew, excursions, etc.) and more.

Edited by roothy123

OTOH, I tend just to print out a copy of our final invoice.

Still, the booklet is small enough that sometimes we bring it along as well ...

We've never had a problem boarding the ship, not even in Miami.

Well, I did a bit of a problem boarding in Miami in 2009 in that I discovered at the last minute that I couldn't find my passport, so we had to go to the passport bureau in Miami to get a new one. Fortunately we had an early flight from NYC so we had plenty of time. But the problem was in getting a new passport, not in boarding the ship!

Mura

At the very least I would make a copy of the "info page" in the lovely booklet and take that along with my final invoice showing I was PIF.

That said, at the Miami Cruise port we were not asked for anything to prove we were on the cruise and at check in we handed our passports and CC to the lady at the desk and she looked at her computer, took our photos and handed us our keycards. It was very smooth. Far more so than FLL used to be.

At the very least I would make a copy of the "info page" in the lovely booklet and take that along with my final invoice showing I was PIF.

That said, at the Miami Cruise port we were not asked for anything to prove we were on the cruise and at check in we handed our passports and CC to the lady at the desk and she looked at her computer, took our photos and handed us our keycards. It was very smooth. Far more so than FLL used to be.

Did the people at the front door ask for proof of the cruise??

That is where we had to show our papers

Once you make it up the escalators you are home free ;)

Edited by LHT28

Did the people at the front door ask for proof of the cruise??

That is where we had to show our papers

Once you make it up the escalators you are home free ;)

On November 23, the lady at the desk in Miami Cruise Terminal asked for our proof of sailing or something like that. We assured her we didn't know what she was asking for, but showed her our blue booklet. After that, she finally looked at the list of passengers that had been on her desk all along and allowed us to go up the escalator.

On November 23, the lady at the desk in Miami Cruise Terminal asked for our proof of sailing or something like that. We assured her we didn't know what she was asking for, but showed her our blue booklet. After that, she finally looked at the list of passengers that had been on her desk all along and allowed us to go up the escalator.

In our experience for Miami they were asking people entering the building to have their booklet or documents for the cruise ready

That is why I just take the page with the info & final invoice

Once you get past them you just need your photo I.D. & CC ;)

Lyn

Edited by LHT28