How long before Carnival goes to the wrist bands

CJHAN

If u can remove them and aren't required to wear them, then why switch to them?

The people that do not want to carry a purse , do not have a pocket in what they are wearing , and hate lanyards would love them !

You would have the option ...so it is a win in my book.

I agree people just don't like change .

The people that do not want to carry a purse , do not have a pocket in what they are wearing , and hate lanyards would love them !

You would have the option ...so it is a win in my book.

I agree people just don't like change .

I think people don't see the need for change. Personally I wouldn't wear it so it is easier to carry s card in my pocket than a band.

Wrist bands might make for a better look than people wearing their sail and sign cards hanging from around their necks. Never understood the appeal :eek:

I don't want my SS card hanging around my neck or my wrist. There is no reason to have my SS card displayed in every picture I take while on the cruise. The cards are just fine....no need for a wrist band. I carry a small leather wristlet with my camera inside and my card fits nicely in there and in 8 cruises I have never lost a card.

Disney still allows you to opt out and use the old fashion key card.

What would the Plat/Diamonds do, unable to show the world their status level unless wearing short sleeves?

Disney needs to know movement in their parks, wait times, crowds at restaurants. Not so much on cruise ship, even a mega one.

Where will the safety information go? Lifeboat station?

Heck my table number don't stop me from getting food!!

Have to be pretty big to be able to read that on my wrist!

FWIW

How come nobody complains about a drivers license and having to carry that around ALL OF THE TIME...:confused:

DAMN THIN CARDS ARE SO INCONVENIENT! :mad:

IMHO if is not broke, DON'T FIX IT! :eek:

Wrist bands, child please................:rolleyes:

Edited by RaiderFaninNM

Personally, I don't give a rat's patootie if my lanyard, wristband, or anything else I wear is "appealing".

And the one's at Disneyworld? Totally optional (they cost extra for guests not staying onsite or with season passes) AND they are removeable. So, you wear it, or put it in your pocket, or, heck hang it on a lanyard, if you wish.

I think I'd find the wristband very convenient.

This. I often wear dresses and don't have a place to put my sign and sail card. So I am stuck wearing it or having DH hold it. I would MUCH prefer a wristband.

Does anyone think carnival will go to the wristbands like Disneyworld? I think the disney ships are making the move as well as RCCL. If you dont know what I'm talking about basically its a band that opens your door has all your info so you can make purchases it very convenient and less likely to be lost then the current SS card. What do you guys think.

Sent from my Samsung S3 using Forums mobile app

I certainly hope they don't go to the rubber wristband things like Disney. I cannot wear a rubber wristband as I'm mildly latex allergic and those things always make my wrists itch and turn red. :(

Great wolf lodge uses the wristbands. Its a resort-water park thing in the US. It was great the kids couldn't lose their room key slash sign card, but it drove me crazy at bedtime. I ended up cutting it off and having to go get a new one every morning.

The wristbands are not the paper ones that can't be taken off. You can google the Disney ones to check them out. I don't see Carnival going to wristbands any time soon but if they did, I'm sure they would keep the option of a sail and sign card. Personally, I would wear a wristband for the convenience but I'm fine with the current way.

Does anyone think carnival will go to the wristbands like Disneyworld? I think the disney ships are making the move as well as RCCL. If you dont know what I'm talking about basically its a band that opens your door has all your info so you can make purchases it very convenient and less likely to be lost then the current SS card. What do you guys think.

I prefer no tan lines. Enough said. No wrist bands!

• 1 year later...

As I understand it, you will need the wrist band to open the door, so even if you are not wearing it, you will still have to take it with you wherever you go. It is none of Carnival's business where I am, and whether I am in my room or not. I see this as one more way they can cut staff and reduce services.

Big Brother personified!

• 2 weeks later...
Read this about carnival medallions. If the link doesn't work, just google it. https://www.google.com/amp/www.digitaltrends.com/wearables/carnival-ocean-medallion-ces-2017/amp/?client=safari

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Alot of people thought it wouldnt happen I figured it would because people love new tech it gives the appearance that your company in innovative. Either way I love it.

I prefer the S&S Card. It's a nice souvenir, and I wouldn't really want to have to wear something on my wrist.

It might be nice if they had the wristbands as an option but still gave you the traditional card. That way, everyone could have their choice of which to use. And I could see the wristband coming in handy when going to the pool or spa.

If they had an app for smart watches, that would also be cool for those who use them.

This!! I don't want wrist bands. It would drive me crazy.

I prefer the S&S Card. It's a nice souvenir, and I wouldn't really want to have to wear something on my wrist.

It might be nice if they had the wristbands as an option but still gave you the traditional card. That way, everyone could have their choice of which to use. And I could see the wristband coming in handy when going to the pool or spa.

If they had an app for smart watches, that would also be cool for those who use them.

Y'all are in luck! The Ocean Medallion Carnival will be using is about the size of a quarter. You can put it in your pocket, wear it in the free rubber wristband, buy a different accessory or wear it around your neck on a chain/ncecklace. They will make several options available for purchase over and above the free wristband.

And if none of that appeals to you, you can still get the S&S card instead.

The medallions are new for each cruise so it is also a collectible.

There will be an accompanying app for smart phones to enhance usage of the medallion but it is not required so Luddites be ye not afraid. ;)

The princess cruise lines website has some interesting info and video about it. Still a ways off for Carnival but they get it on Princess in November.

I don't carry a pocketbook/purse when Iam on the ship. I wear a lanyard for my S&S. I don't really like it on my neck but I keep a few dollars for tips along with my card. I don't think the wristband would work for me unless there is a pocket for my tip money.

Have done the Disney park wristband thing. For the second trip I made a watch attachment because it was way too heavy to wear with my watch. I usually wrist coil my cruise cards so I can wear it on my wrist pool side. But most nights for dinner it's in my wristlet.

Was on Holland America's Koningsdam over the summer, the doors are RFID to open, but everything else was still a swipe. I think we'll be with Sail & Sign cards for a while. If a brand new ship is only using it for room doors, you know they're not retrofitting 4 lines worth of ships. :)

Hopefully never as I'm not going to wear a stupid band on my arm for 7 days straight.

I wish this were an option now - my cruise on the Victory is a year away but she's going into dry dock in January - I wonder if there's any chance this upgrade would be added. This would be perfect for our cruise. I hate lanyards, and we won't have pockets.

I love the idea of wristbands but this medallion loses me. I would still try it out if its available were I to sail Carnival again.

LOL, there seems to be lots of things about Carnival that you are not fond of.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm willing to try it. My wife loves the Disney magic bands. I've never used one before. If it is more convenient for me, I am okay with it. I don't mind the data they collect with it, but I won't pay for it like Royal wants on some ships.