How long before Carnival goes to the wrist bands

CJHAN

I love the idea. They have them if you have stayed at great wolf lodge. They are wonderful and stress free. They can add the same technology to your sign and sail card though and you would never know they were tracking you it does not take a bracelet form to do so.

I vote for a chip to be inserted, with a hypodermic, into the forearm. It works the lights, toilet flush function, door key, light switch, pays for all my purchases on and off the ship and if I get lost it can work as a GPS tracking device to find my drunk butt. For those who don't know me I'm NOT SERIOUS.

I do not like the idea of the wrist bands as while they did work like a champ during our last stay at Disney, just dont like them, I do like to wear watches, if they do go to something like this I hope there is an option for something other then the "6th grade like friends bands". :rolleyes:

Plus that would be an expensive upgrade as every door would need a swap, if they do might have to wait till a dry dock for a change like this, lots of work....

I like the S&S cards, no to wristband. I collect them.

Hilton is following suit with keyless entry, but will be able to obtain a room key if desired. Keyless entry allows you to bypass checking in at the front desk.

I think Carnival should focus on building an overall app first.

I like the wristband idea. I hate having my S&S card in my pocket. I'm always worried I will lose it. Plus I don't like wearing landyards.

My only concern would be looking too much like a tourist. In the ports inside the gates I wouldn't care, but if venturing out I wouldn't want the world to know. Removable ones would be nice in this instance.

The only other concern I can see is for those people who like to take formal pictures. I don't take pictures. But if I did I wouldn't want the wristbands in them. Again, solvable if removable.

I don't think they will do this anytime soon. Think of it, they would have to upgrade all of the stateroom door locks, cash registers at the bars, slot machines, gift shops, etc. The monetary outlay would be enormous. They can track you just as easily with a sail and sign card if they really want tracking data.

I do not like jewelry and would not wear it, therefore, the card would fit better in my pocket/purse than the band most likely. I also like the card and use them in shadow box frames with pictures and cruise stuff.

Guess it won't matter what we think, they will do as they choose.

debbie

I do not like jewelry and would not wear it, therefore, the card would fit better in my pocket/purse than the band most likely. I also like the card and use them in shadow box frames with pictures and cruise stuff.

Guess it won't matter what we think, they will do as they choose.

debbie

For the record, only rccl either does or is contemplating this.

I like the idea of wristbands but I think it'd be nice to make it an option.

1) The tan lines...I love being out in the sun as much possible.

2) I like the S&S card as a souvenir. Our kids love playing with theirs when we are back at home.

Removable makes them as easy to lose as the card. but frankly I have never lost a card in all our cruises so I don't see that as a problem. I wouldn't like having something on my wrist for a week or longer, so I vote NO if I get a vote.

Wrist bands might make for a better look than people wearing their sail and sign cards hanging from around their necks. Never understood the appeal :eek:

I wear the SS card around my neck on a lanyard so I won't lose it, and I think that's what the majority of people do as well. I don't like having it around my neck, but I would prefer to do that, than have it around my wrist. I would end up pulling that office.

I think all those different colored wristbands that people wear look stupid and those who wear them are those who just always follow the crowd. Sort of how I feel about tattoos. I wear beautiful jewelry, including bracelets, and I definitely do not want any wristband getting in the way of my bracelets. Keep the S & S cards, please.

I think all those different colored wristbands that people wear look stupid and those who wear them are those who just always follow the crowd. Sort of how I feel about tattoos. I wear beautiful jewelry, including bracelets, and I definitely do not want any wristband getting in the way of my bracelets. Keep the S & S cards, please.

Right behind you on that, and for emphasis: "I ain't wearin' no stinkin' wrist bands on no ship nowhere".

My gosh, could you imagine these bands going on to more formal brands like Celebrity and Cunard??? :eek: Can you spell "mutiny"???:D

Thanks but no thanks to wristbands. I've worn one 24/7 for seven days at an AI. I couldn't wait to remove it! So make them removable, you say? Then what would be the point? That would only be a different shaped S&S card, for all practical purposes, and more annoying to keep up with when removed; and since you couldn't put it in your wallet, in the case of men, easier to lose. Also, as others have pointed out, pickpockets and muggers would absolutely love for tourists to be pre-marked. The wheel doesn't really need to be re-invented in this case, imho.

I think im in the minority, but I personally love the idea. Reading some of the comments, I dont think people realize the type of 'wristband" that it would be. Its not going to be like the ones that the kids receive to identify them as camp carnival. It would be more like a fitbit or Disney wristband. I think it would be more convenient. Especially for the husbands who have to carry their wife's cards because their dress doesnt have a pocket. haha.