getaway I'am angry freestyle promo

tilou00

Hi,

I make a B2B cruise in January 2015. My final payment is made. I'm angry that norwegian now offers the freestyle promo free ultimate beverage or ultimate dining and in addition my cruises are cheaper. I try to have still promoting. There are people who have had this promotion? . What is it to be a loyal customer for Norwegian and carry at least 1,000 people who have not been able to take advantage of this promotion. I wanted to share this with you, especially if other people have been having. if anyone knows a way to let me know.

Thank you

Hi,

I make a B2B cruise in January 2015. My final payment is made. I'm angry that norwegian now offers the freestyle promo free ultimate beverage or ultimate dining and in addition my cruises are cheaper. I try to have still promoting. There are people who have had this promotion? . What is it to be a loyal customer for Norwegian and carry at least 1,000 people who have not been able to take advantage of this promotion. I wanted to share this with you, especially if other people have been having. if anyone knows a way to let me know.

Thank you

If in fact what your saying is true, figure out the difference and call NCL and if PCC doesn't do anything for u then ask for the supervisor, if that doesn't work then email O Sheehan.

If they don't do anything then at least u tried.

Edited by Ilovesailing

The promotion is for new bookings. If you were before final payment, you could cancel without penalty and re-book (I'm sure many are). The purpose of these promotions is to fill empty cabins, not to give deals to those already booked. It's to make money for the cruise line. This happens all of the time - booking early without a promotion is always a gamble. We always book early, because we want specific dates and cabins.

Lucky for us, the prices have always gone up for our sailings, and promotions we booked with were not offered to last minute bookings. It's a gamble.

Edited by mjkacmom

I posted the same complaint and got the same suggestion. My solution for the future is to ditch NCL and book Carnival Early Saver. You don't have the option to cancel but you get all promo up to 2 days before cruise date. Now I'll get pounded again but I'm getting used to that.

Hi,

Thank you

Your booking represents the contractual obligation(s) agreed to between you and Norwegian Cruise Line. You expect NCL to honor that agreement and NCL expects you to honor the agreement at the same time.

If NCL has violated the terms of your agreement, then you have every right to be angry. I would be too. You should firmly insist that they honor the terms that the two of you agreed to. You made a deal you were happy with, and they should honor that deal.

Now...if you are having strong feelings based on the deal NCL is making/has made with someone else, then I submit that what you are feeling isn't anger at all, but more likely envy or jealousy.

Its too late now, but if you prefer the deals that are offered within a month of sailing, perhaps your needs could be better met by waiting until the month before sailing to make your booking. That is really the best way to solve the problem.

When the cruise line's offer is something that YOU want, book the cruise at that time....then you are getting the specific deal that YOU want. You can't expect more than that.

Hi,

Thank you

Here we go again..........

If the price of your cruise went up would you be willing to pay the difference?

If you purchased a car yesterday and a day or week later they offered a promotion of free gas for a year and the cost of the car was cheaper would you be able to return it?

Harriet

If in fact what your saying is true, figure out the difference and call NCL and if PCC doesn't do anything for u then ask for the supervisor, if that doesn't work then email O Sheehan.

If they don't do anything then at least u tried.

FWIW...Calling a PCC at NCL is only going to be an option if the PCC booked the cruise in the first place. If the OP had booked through a TA, then calling NCL would be a waste of time since NCL won't discuss the booking with the guest, only with the TA. Simpler to always recommend that a guest contact their booking agent. After all, these people are being paid to handle the reservation and therefore have a vested intrest in your happiness.

Also, as an aside, emailing O Sheehan isn't very good advice either. O'Sheehan's is a RESTAURANT/BAR found on some of the NCL ships. If you meant to advise emailing Kevin Sheehan, that advice might also be misplaced. Kevin Sheehan runs Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings. (A financial entity that owns other companies) Drew Madsen is the President of Norwegian Cruise Line (The company that runs the cruise ships discussed on this forum). Perhaps he would be a better email target.

I posted the same complaint and got the same suggestion. My solution for the future is to ditch NCL and book Carnival Early Saver. You don't have the option to cancel but you get all promo up to 2 days before cruise date. Now I'll get pounded again but I'm getting used to that.

Sounds like a good idea if you don't like NCL'S lack of a similar program. Some might think it would be worth the extra cost.

Hi All,

For what it's worth I booked 471 days out and got the 200 OBC. I'm happy with that...So what if the price goes down. Business is business...However, During my last cruise with NCL in 2009 we saw a substantial price drop. I called our cruise consultant, Christina, I think her name was. I politely asked if there was anything I could do besides canceling and rebooking(didn't want to lose our cabin) She actually gave us the reduced fare even though there was no obligation for her to do so.

I wrote an actual letter to NCL corporate to say how impressed I was with the customer service from their representative. They sent an actual reply, not a form letter thanking me and informing me that there would be an additional surprise on board. (It was a substantial cheese and fruit tray.)

What I'm getting at is that there is no harm in asking. Would I be upset not to get the reduced fare? No... But I was REALLY REALLY happy that I did.:)

I already have a cruise booked that is past final payment, so no promotion for me on that one. But.....didn't expect any. So I did the next best thing...searched for an additional and last minute type cruise at a bargain price. Found the Jewel, mid Jan., fire sale prices being offered last week. Book a mini suite for two, got the $200 current OBC promotion (plus TA kicked in $100), and we sail away after all that for $1300. Like damn stealing. So, make it work for you. The promotion is there for you if you want to do a new booking. That is what it is for.

I'll happily accept NCL's terms and conditions on my booking (including final payment/ cancellation dates). Switching to Carnival because they have different terms might work for some... But personally I'd never cruise with Carnival.

I booked 10 months in advance and ended up with all 3 on the Freestyle promotion... And got the cabin I wanted... All for a mutually agreed upon price offered by NCL and accepted by me. That's the way the world works. I don't understand why people book at a price that they are happy with at the time of booking, then want a discount or promo or OBC being offered to new bookings. If you're not happy with the price being offered... Don't book. Simple enough.

I don't understand why people book at a price that they are happy with at the time of booking, then want a discount or promo or OBC being offered to new bookings. If you're not happy with the price being offered... Don't book. Simple enough.

One word: Entitlement. Never mind about their own poor decisions or mistakes. It's the world we are now living in.

With NCL you have to be certain you want to book early for price/room otherwise you are sure to be disappointed if you are going in off-season [january].

We live close to our port, NYC, and love to cruise with NCL. Even if I know I will cruise in May 2016 to Bermuda for example, I will not book that cruise until about 6 weeks out for best prices... that's the way this cruise line treats their off-season. May will not sell out so they will discount it after final payment, so there is absolutely no reason to buy ahead of time.

If there are a limited number of cabins (for example, on Jewel class ships only 4 Deck 10 AFT suites) if you don't book as soon as the itinerary is released, odds are you won't get one of these coveted suites. We always book our suite as early as possible just to be certain that our preferred location will be available.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

What happens when Carnival pisses you off?

Things happen...my xmas cruised dropped 40% but I still had a good time.

Just enjoy the cruise.

we have had price drops after final payment on a number of cruises and NCL will always give us 25 % of the drop in OBC...not too bad when we were already happy with our price....

I have had that with NCL (but really, they don't have to) but RCCL - tough luck.

As I have been told by my friends...book it, pay for it and then forget about it...at least you are going on vacation...it could be worse...

Since you do not approve of a company doing a last minute sale to fill the remaining cabins, here is what you should do.

Do NOT BOOK UNTIL THE LAST MINUTE. Then you get these promos.

Do not call this stuff unfair.

Do not call this bad customer service.

Do not call this bad business.

Edited by garycarla

Hi All,

For what it's worth I booked 471 days out and got the 200 OBC. I'm happy with that...So what if the price goes down. Business is business...However, During my last cruise with NCL in 2009 we saw a substantial price drop. I called our cruise consultant, Christina, I think her name was. I politely asked if there was anything I could do besides canceling and rebooking(didn't want to lose our cabin) She actually gave us the reduced fare even though there was no obligation for her to do so.

I wrote an actual letter to NCL corporate to say how impressed I was with the customer service from their representative. They sent an actual reply, not a form letter thanking me and informing me that there would be an additional surprise on board. (It was a substantial cheese and fruit tray.)

What I'm getting at is that there is no harm in asking. Would I be upset not to get the reduced fare? No... But I was REALLY REALLY happy that I did.:)

I agree with your approach. It never hurts to politely inquire with no expectation that they will do anything for you that they aren't required to do. This approach has worked out for me in the past with multiple cruise lines, and when it doesn't work, so be it. I enjoyed every cruise.

You will get no sympathy from the regulars here. I for one feel your pain. I intend to put a dent in their lack of empathy/concern of which I will not explain here. I won't get it all back ($$$) but I'll feel better on the cruise. Loyal customers who feel mistreated and taken advantage of will find alternative vacations. NCL knows when to raise and lower pricing, offer promotions, etc. In an effort to maximize capacity/profits. We can play the game as well, once we know the rules. 😊