Getaway tenders

andychester

We've docked once and tendered once there.

Really? I've been there several times in the last five years and always been transferred to the dock with their local tenders. Also every web resource found with a quick Google search say that Grand Cayman is always a tender port.

NCL's Accessible Cruising page also says that it is always a tender port (no star at the end of the line):

http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising#taps

Really? I've been there several times in the last five years and always been transferred to the dock with their local tenders. Also every web resource found with a quick Google search say that Grand Cayman is always a tender port.

NCL's Accessible Cruising page also says that it is always a tender port (no star at the end of the line):

http://www.ncl.com/about/accessible-cruising#taps

Ooooops...believe you're right! I guess what I was remembering was anchoring and then tendering to two different locations. The first time, we were right off shore near downtown. The next time, about 10 miles down the beach and had to take $5 shuttle to town and back. Thanks.

What does GC have to do with the Eastern Carib?

Stay on topic :-)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow! I now feel totally ashamed and embarrassed that my knowledge of the Carib is sooo bad.....yea...right.

However, as long as I'm causing such chaos, here's a couple of thumb nails of Cayman tender docks (the ones downtown), and shows how close the cruise ships do anchor. The Pearl is in the distance in the one.

DSCN0077.jpg.e0db6bb57afcdb416823c9b9208b0a51.jpg

DSCN0078.jpg.488bb97a21457537b092750048a0d518.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just a reminder... Epic, Getaway, and Breakaway, and eventually Escape, try to avoid tendering due to the larger number of passengers. This is mainly why they only visit ports that can accommodate them easily like St. Thomas, St. Martin, Nassau, and so on... If these ships DO tender it's usually at a port with large numbers of big tender boats like Grand Cayman... Otherwise they would spend way too much time tendering with the ships tiny tenders.

Edited by cliffd64

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

While none of those ports is usually a tender port, any of them could be a tender port. I have tender at all three of them on various lines and voyages.

I doubt that the port authorities would make a large ship tender it is just a logistic nightmare, but it could happen.