11:35am Flight out of FLL

We are on the Oasis in May and have an 11:35am flight out of FLL. Can luggage valet be used for this flight or is it too early?

If we can use luggage valet, do we have a certain time to leave the ship or what?

If we can't use luggage valet, would you recommend express self assist disembarkation for a flight at this time? Or would we have time to get luggage tag numbers and disembark like that?

We are on the Oasis in May and have an 11:35am flight out of FLL. Can luggage valet be used for this flight or is it too early?

If we can use luggage valet, do we have a certain time to leave the ship or what?

If we can't use luggage valet, would you recommend express self assist disembarkation for a flight at this time? Or would we have time to get luggage tag numbers and disembark like that?

The last time we experienced this, the cut-off was 11:30, so if things haven't changed, you are good.

Barring horrible disembarkation problems, you should have no difficulty making that flight.

Do you have TSA pre-check or Global Entry? That helps A LOT.

As long as your airline is on the accepted list, then FLL flights after 11:30am are eligible for luggage valet. I don't know of any restrictions with regard to when you must leave the ship.

Edited by clarea

Thanks so much!!

The last time we experienced this, the cut-off was 11:30, so if things haven't changed, you are good.

Barring horrible disembarkation problems, you should have no difficulty making that flight.

No, we unfortunately do not have either of those.

As long as your airline is on the accepted list, then FLL flights after 11:30am are eligible for luggage valet. I don't know of any restrictions with regard to when you must leave the ship.

Thanks so much!!

No, we unfortunately do not have either of those.

The one "fly in the ointment" for flying home from FLL on Saturday is the CF that the security line *can* be. It looks like you will be on USAir, not SWA. Security line is somewhat better there.

Not having TSA pre-check doesn't mean that things won't work out just fine; I would give your plan a 99% chance of success.

:)

I just looked up the Luggage Valet departure form and it said departure time was approx 8am. This was for Allure, so I don't know if the same applies to Oasis.

Thank you!!

The one "fly in the ointment" for flying home from FLL on Saturday is the CF that the security line *can* be. It looks like you will be on USAir, not SWA. Security line is somewhat better there.

Not having TSA pre-check doesn't mean that things won't work out just fine; I would give your plan a 99% chance of success.

Yes, USAir. I think I'll plan to get off the ship at approximately 8, so that should leave me enough time.

You should be able to make your flight, we always have at this time, knock on wood. However, when we use luggage valet and our flight is that early, our bags rarely make it on our flight. We do get them eventually each time but I'm not sure how fast they get the valet luggage to airport:confused:. We still use this great service and just wait for our luggage to be delivered to the house, lol...

This may not be the usual scenario for flights so close to their stated time but wanted to give you the heads up so you wouldn't be surprised if it does, FWIW.

As long as my luggage doesn't get lost, I'm good.:)

We used Luggage Valet for an 11:45 United flight when we took our Oasis cruise in November. We could leave the ship any time between 8:00-10:00, and we went ahead and left around 8:00 just in case we had a problem. We were at the airport and through security (TSA Pre-Check) with about 2 hours to spare before boarding!:eek: Even without the TSA Pre-Check, security would have been pretty quick.

Not to derail the thread, but we think that was the best $100 travel money we ever spent!

Have used luggage valet several times from FLL. A couple of times flight was around 11:30 and we were told it was before cutoff time. Checked with guest services and they checked with the airline - absolutely no problem. I think the cutoff may have been 11:30 and our flight was 11:20. So, if they tell you no, based on time, have them call the airline.

Love luggage valet - have used it multiple times with absolutely no problems.

They do "call" luggage valet for disembarkation - usually early - like the 4th off. I think the idea is that you are not supposed to leave until your bags have been checked by customs. Just in case customs needs to speak to you. Never been a problem. Have just had breakfast and waited for luggage valet to be called. Usually have been on the way to the airport around 8:00.

We just got off the Oasis this Saturday, the 27th. Our flight from FLL was at 11:55 am, and we did use luggage valet. They said we could leave the ship any time after 8 am, but we actually left at like 7:50 am. We do not have TSA pre-check or Global Entry, and we still made it. Yes, the cut-off time is 11:30 am to use luggage valet, so you can use that. When you use it, you are in no specific group or anything, you are basically free to leave the ship whenever (before 10 am I think), since you are not picking up your luggage until after you get to your destination airport.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise! :)

The one "fly in the ointment" for flying home from FLL on Saturday is the CF that the security line *can* be.

Okay, I need a translation here. I assume that the security line *can be (long, backed-up, or whatever). However, I don't have a clue about CF even after looking at a number of CruiseCritic threads dealing with acronyms, and none of the general acronyms found through google seem to fit. It's probably be obvious, but meanwhile I'm :confused:

Okay, I need a translation here. I assume that the security line *can be (long, backed-up, or whatever). However, I don't have a clue about CF even after looking at a number of CruiseCritic threads dealing with acronyms, and none of the general acronyms found through google seem to fit. It's probably be obvious, but meanwhile I'm :confused:

Cluster ----:cool:

Let's hypothetically say that someone is getting off the Oasis on 2/21 and has a SWA flight at 11:35. Is the line to check baggage on a Saturday morning long too? Should someone in this situation aim to do carry-on only to minimize wait times? We had planned to walk off with our own bags right away that morning. I'd like to check bags just for the convenience and SWA has no bag fees, so I'd like to take advantage of that. Obviously no plan is fool proof - just looking for some advice

Actually, since you won't have your big luggage, you could do self-disembark with your carry-on even earlier. While we usually get off around 8, we decided after the last fiasco on Oasis that we would get off at the earliest opportunity as we almost missed our 11:35 flight due to delays which got worse as time went on.