Trays in King's Court?

Ryancoke

We eat 50/50 MDR's and Buffets on every cruise line and Cunard would be no different. They are convenient if you have an early shorex, plus they stay open longer at lunchtime than the MDR does, for those returning late from shorex. If there were no buffets, the cruise lines inc Cunard would have to serve lunch from 10am to 4pm in the MDR to feed every body. And as for cabin breakfasts, who wants to eat cereal every morning? One cannot get the 'Full English' in your cabin, but you can in the Buffet !!

Jane had a full English this morning from room service, I was on a shore excursion to Olympia and was going to breakfast too early for her.

e0cfd13ee82cb125aab2c0b7cade3d12.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

We eat 50/50 MDR's and Buffets on every cruise line and Cunard would be no different. They are convenient if you have an early shorex, plus they stay open longer at lunchtime than the MDR does, for those returning late from shorex. If there were no buffets, the cruise lines inc Cunard would have to serve lunch from 10am to 4pm in the MDR to feed every body. And as for cabin breakfasts, who wants to eat cereal every morning? One cannot get the 'Full English' in your cabin, but you can in the Buffet !!

No need to stick to cereal, there are plenty of other choices on the room service breakfast menu on Cunard, including a "Full English"

My problem with no trays is not the no trays; it’s the fact that the plates are often FAR TOO HOT to handle with bare hands.

Perhaps if one picks up a plate too hot to hold, one simply screams in pain and drops the thing on the deck, that ought to concentrate minds. :mad:

No need to stick to cereal, there are plenty of other choices on the room service breakfast menu on Cunard, including a "Full English"

Thank you, not sure if they would do a gluten free cabin breakfast though for us Coeliacs.

I know I can sort that out in the Kings Court/Britannia Restaurant. I will check on board re GF bread, cereals etc. I always notify the Line, but I don't make a bg deal of my dietary issues. But if you don't ask, you don't get.

Edited by NSWP

Jane had a full English this morning from room service, I was on a shore excursion to Olympia and was going to breakfast too early for her.

e0cfd13ee82cb125aab2c0b7cade3d12.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Forums mobile app

Jubbly, have you got ye olde black pudding on there? I think I can see the eggs, bangers, bacon, beans and tomato on there. Put hairs on your chest, what a way to start the day. Cunard then is the only Line that does a hot brekkie to cabin? I know Princess and P&O UK do not, continental only.

Edited by NSWP

Jubbly, have you got ye olde black pudding on there? I think I can see the eggs, bangers, bacon, beans and tomato on there. Put hairs on your chest, what a way to start the day. Cunard then is the only Line that does a hot brekkie to cabin? I know Princess and P&O UK do not, continental only.

On both Oceania and Celebrity we had a full cooked breakfast delivered to our room in the morning. I think on Celebrity this was only on Concierge class and over but that is why we upgraded. We loved getting the full breakfast every morning before heading off for the day!

My husband does a completely gluten free room service breakfast. Just write on the form gluten free for today etc. And it will come gluten free.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Forums mobile app

Excellent, thank you, it seems Cunard goes the extra mile for some of us weird Coeliacs and gluten intolerant folk.

On both Oceania and Celebrity we had a full cooked breakfast delivered to our room in the morning. I think on Celebrity this was only on Concierge class and over but that is why we upgraded. We loved getting the full breakfast every morning before heading off for the day!

Interesting, we were on Celebrity Solstice (concierge class) 5 years ago, Sydney to NZ. Only continental available for cabin and on Aurora/Oriana last year, USA/Canada and Canaries, continental only.

Edited by NSWP

Interesting, we were on Celebrity Solstice (concierge class) 5 years ago, Sydney to NZ. Only continental available for cabin and on Aurora/Oriana last year, USA/Canada and Canaries, continental only.

We don't eat wheat/cereal etc so it was our first priority that we could have a cooked breakfast (eggs etc). Our Celebrity cruise was on Summit in 2009 and Concierge and above could get cooked breakfast. On Oceania we sailed Penthouse class and had cooked breakfast every morning, again something we checked out before booking.

I'm not sure why Celebrity wasn't doing cooked breakfast when you travelled. It seems they now do full breakfast for all their rooms - this is from their website: "The most important meal of the day. Why not have breakfast served to you on your own private veranda? Morning meals include Continental or Full Breakfast served, on request, in your stateroom."

I'm certainly looking forward to being able to book a full English on Cunard though!!

Edited by Scottygirl1

Breakfast in Bed:

Bacon

Cumberland Sausage

Baked Beans

Hash Brown Potatoes

Grilled Tomato

Eggs:

Scrambled

Sunny Side Up

Over Easy

Also

Cereals, Bread & Pastries, Preserves & Spreads, Fruit, Yoghurt, Juices, Beverages

No mention of Black Pudding but you can get them in Kings Court/Lido so presumably also in Britannia.

Edited by Ray66

I've never tried asking for black pudding but we routinely request smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers and onion with a toasted bagel via the door hanger (we write it on the card since it's not one of the boxes you can check) and they've always provided it.

I've never tried asking for black pudding but we routinely request smoked salmon, cream cheese, capers and onion with a toasted bagel via the door hanger (we write it on the card since it's not one of the boxes you can check) and they've always provided it.

Thanks, that's good to know. Never thought of doing that - no doubt it will catch on in no time. Tipping for room service - well that's a different topic.