Benefit of using a PCC vs a TA

summer slope

Very late one night I was on the HAL website and found a GREAT deal so I booked and deposited it on the website. Thought I'd just phone or email on Monday and have it transferred to my PCC. No, not that easy, but we did get it transferred, after emailing a specific request that it be moved to the PCC, along with an explanation of why it had originally been booked on the website. This was before final payment.

Thanks...I wonder if the fact that you were already signed up with your PCC made a difference? My friend hadn't signed up with my PCC yet, she thought she could transfer and sign up with her at the same time.

I should tell her about this thread and she can come tell her story herself. :D

Thanks...I wonder if the fact that you were already signed up with your PCC made a difference? My friend hadn't signed up with my PCC yet, she thought she could transfer and sign up with her at the same time.

It may be that your PCC has all the clients allowed? I know that I have referred several people to my PCC, and they have been transferred away from my PCC to other PCCs. I am am totally speculating here, no facts, just speculation ;)

It may be that your PCC has all the clients allowed? I know that I have referred several people to my PCC, and they have been transferred away from my PCC to other PCCs. I am am totally speculating here, no facts, just speculation ;)

Good guess, but I don't think so...because all around that same time I referred a few other people to her and they booked with her.

Interesting topic. :)

We have gone full circle on this, many times now, and I still maintain a PCC is just a fancy name for a HAL rep.

There is nothing wrong with that and many people are happy dealing with them while others are happy in dealing with whomever answers the phone and others are happy in dealing with brick/mortar TA's or discount online TA's.

Having options is always a good thing :D

Where does one sign up for the Taxmantoo fan club?:D :)

Very late one night I was on the HAL website and found a GREAT deal so I booked and deposited it on the website. Thought I'd just phone or email on Monday and have it transferred to my PCC. No, not that easy, but we did get it transferred, after emailing a specific request that it be moved to the PCC, along with an explanation of why it had originally been booked on the website. This was before final payment.

Funny about the differences here. When my sister signed up for the Eurodam it was after final payment, but she had already booked two cruises thru our PCC. The PCC was able to answer questions because I had the same cruise booked with her.