Aqua gratuities with "ALL IN" question---

Jetswdo

I origionally booked a June cruise where I had to pre pay the gratuities for Aqua class. Then I switched my booking when the graatuities would be included with the beverage package. Looking at my most recent invoice, the origional Gratuities line still shows the $87.50 per person charge- (wasn't removed when the package was changed to include this)

I just spoke with Celebrity. The rep stated that that charge will be removed before the balance for cruise is due (April)--

This has been a month so far--shouldn't that have been more than enough time to remove those charges? Totally puzzled by this.

So here is my question: When will be a good time for me to call again and insist that this charge be removed before April date? (assuming charge is still listed)

Is this the norm for Celebrity? Thanks.

Celebrity frequently takes forever to get your final billing correct when you have a issue like this. I wouldn't worry about it for now, wait until final payment date to deal with it if it hasn't been fixed by then. You will only drive yourself nuts worrying about it. Insisting that they remove it, isn't likely to work.

I origionally booked a June cruise where I had to pre pay the gratuities for Aqua class. Then I switched my booking when the graatuities would be included with the beverage package. Looking at my most recent invoice, the origional Gratuities line still shows the $87.50 per person charge- (wasn't removed when the package was changed to include this)

I just spoke with Celebrity. The rep stated that that charge will be removed before the balance for cruise is due (April)--

This has been a month so far--shouldn't that have been more than enough time to remove those charges? Totally puzzled by this.

So here is my question: When will be a good time for me to call again and insist that this charge be removed before April date? (assuming charge is still listed)

Jetswdo -

FYI... it is not necessary to pre-pay gratuities when booking an Aqua Class category stateroom. When you make the booking on the website, it will still ask you if you want an "early or late" seating, or if you want "select" dining. Since your dining room is Blu, you have the flexibility to be seated whenever you want to eat (except for the first night), regardless of whether you pick "early, late or select".

Also, regarding your other question on the issue of the "ALL IN" promotion not fully showing on your booking.... this has been a regularly discussed issue in other cruise threads in recent weeks. If you do a search, you will find other conversations about this and you can read about what has or has not happened for other members of the Cruise Critic community.

Good luck... and enjoy your cruise.

Edited by vulcan1971

Hey,

Gratuities for drinks are included with your drink package. Your daily gratuities are separate. From your post, it sounds like you're asking that they remove your daily gratuities because you purchased a beverage package. If that's the case, you would still owe your daily gratuities either prepaid (if you have any time dining) or on your shipboard account (as a daily charge once you're on board).

If that's not what you're referring to, I'd call them back whenever to just double check.

Hey,

Gratuities for drinks are included with your drink package. Your daily gratuities are separate. From your post, it sounds like you're asking that they remove your daily gratuities because you purchased a beverage package. If that's the case, you would still owe your daily gratuities either prepaid (if you have any time dining) or on your shipboard account (as a daily charge once you're on board).

If that's not what you're referring to, I'd call them back whenever to just double check.

Sapphire723 -

If your cruise qualifies for the "ALL IN" promotion from Celebrity, the promotion gives you all 3 benefits for your booking if you are in a Conceirge, Aqua, or Suite:

• OBC
  • Classic Alcohol Package
  • Gratuities

I think you misunderstood what the OP was asking. I also have this perk for a March 2015 sailing and it also was not showing correctly more than a month after the booking was made.

Edited by vulcan1971

I'm not "worried", just trying to understand Celebrity billing a bit better.

I should have explained myself better, sorry.--I meant that aqua due to fitting in with select dining concept, gets charged in advance 87.50 per person for 7 night cruie- unless it is included with ALL IN package--- that one poster didn't understand that part. But anyway, I am still puzzled why that charge wouldn't be removed immediately once booking has been changed to ALL IN package.

Just curious how long it takes for origional charge to be finally removed, without my calling them to do so.

I'm not "worried", just trying to understand Celebrity billing a bit better.

I should have explained myself better, sorry.--I meant that aqua due to fitting in with select dining concept, gets charged in advance 87.50 per person for 7 night cruie- unless it is included with ALL IN package--- that one poster didn't understand that part. But anyway, I am still puzzled why that charge wouldn't be removed immediately once booking has been changed to ALL IN package.

Just curious how long it takes for origional charge to be finally removed, without my calling them to do so.

I'm not sure who told you that you need to pre-pay gratuities for booking an Aqua Class stateroom, but you don't. If you were told this by a Celebrity representative, they were wrong.

The only time you need to "pre-pay gratuities" is if you are booking "Select Dining" for the main dining room (MDR).

I would look at the booking closer to final payment and follow up with Celebrity at that time if anything doesn't look right with the charges.

Edited by vulcan1971

Hi,

Don't worry yourself about it as it will get sorted!

They said it would be done by final payment so I'd check just before you make the final payment and if not done then you can chase them... If you call before hand the chances are they will just tell you the same thing and your none the wiser!

Enjoy your cruise...

Sapphire723 -

If your cruise qualifies for the "ALL IN" promotion from Celebrity, the promotion gives you all 3 benefits for your booking if you are in a Conceirge, Aqua, or Suite:

• OBC
  • Classic Alcohol Package
  • Gratuities

I think you misunderstood what the OP was asking. I also have this perk for a March 2015 sailing and it also was not showing correctly more than a month after the booking was made.

Ah, ok. I wasn't familiar with the All In promo, so I don't think my previous post applies! :p

I think you may have had to pay the gratuities initially because you selected "select" dining. If you chose early or late seating you do not have to pay them beforehand. Even though dining in Blu lets you select when to go and dine nightly you still need to choose early or late seating. Anytime you choose select you automatically need to pre pay the gratuities. You may want to change your dining to early or late seating even though you can choose when to dine at Blu. If you choose "select", you may be assigned to the MDR.

I think you may have had to pay the gratuities initially because you selected "select" dining. If you chose early or late seating you do not have to pay them beforehand. Even though dining in Blu lets you select when to go and dine nightly you still need to choose early or late seating. Anytime you choose select you automatically need to pre pay the gratuities. You may want to change your dining to early or late seating even though you can choose when to dine at Blu. If you choose "select", you may be assigned to the MDR.

If the OP is booked in Aqua Class and chooses "Select", there is no chance he will be accidentally assigned to the MDR. :confused:

Sent from my iPhone 6 Plus on the T-Mobile 4G LTE Network using Tapatalk Pro

If the OP is booked in Aqua Class and chooses "Select", there is no chance he will be accidentally assigned to the MDR. :confused:

If you book Aqua, you are assigned to blu....period. The choice of dining times only effects billing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you book Aqua, you are assigned to blu....period. The choice of dining times only effects billing.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ghstudio -

You and I both know that.... But the person I quoted has made a ridiculous statement to the contrary. I'm sure you could have figured that out without quoting me.

We have sailed in aqua class 5 times and each time we had to choose either early or late seating. The minute you choose select, gratuities are always automatically added to the cost of the cruise. Even though you can go and eat anytime in Blu, you still have to either choose early or late dining to avoid pre paying your gratuities. I think it's a glitch in the Celebrity system. Just trying to offer our experience with booking dining in aqua class.

Not sure about that. When I booked Aqua on Summit a month ago, my TA told me to select early or late seating, otherwise =X= would assume I wanted MDR and bill me for prepaid grats. He has had that experience in the past, that's why he advised me as he did.

If you have a travel agent, have your travel agent take care of this for you. If you don't have a travel agent, then confirm everything in writing.

We have sailed in aqua class 5 times and each time we had to choose either early or late seating. The minute you choose select, gratuities are always automatically added to the cost of the cruise. Even though you can go and eat anytime in Blu, you still have to either choose early or late dining to avoid pre paying your gratuities. I think it's a glitch in the Celebrity system. Just trying to offer our experience with booking dining in aqua class.

Debbie, you are correct...if you are in AquaClass and choose Select Dining for any reason, the system will automatically add your prepaid gratuities to your Celebrity Booking Confirmation.

The OP can have the prepaid gratuities removed from his invoice (booking confirmation) immediately by calling in and asking to have his dining preference changed to Early or Late dining. However, it can take from 2 days to 15 days to have the actual "Complimentary Gratuities" code added to his invoice as part of the ALLIN123 promo. This is some kind of programming glitch as far as the code itself showing up on the invoice in a timely way, but there will be notes on the OP's file to say that the complimentary gratuities are included for his cruise. It seems that the volume of people booking any given promotion will affect how long it takes to get all the correct codes added to any given file, so there must be a manual component to the way the system works.

The OBC part of the ALLIN123 promo will sometimes show up automatically, and sometimes you have to ask the Celebrity rep to add it to the booking confirmation.

As far as potentially ending up assigned to the MDR if you choose Select Dining in Aqua Class, that used to be the case, but hasn't been that way for a number of years now. I haven't heard of any cases where this has happened accidentally since the change was made.

VULCAN1971 your 100% correct here. Once I found out that you don't have to pre-pay gratuities when booking Aqua. I call my TA after final payment. Had the gratuities amount credited back on my visa card. When booking you have to pick early, late or select dining. Pick early or late dining. As you are booked in Aqua and dine in Blu. Just show up when you want to eat in Blu within dining times.

Call your TA or Celebrity and have it changed to early or late dining.