Oceania Website Problem?

DaisyUK

Hello - I have just received an email from Oceania UK (in response to one I sent) to say that today is the first day of their new website and that after it had been launched, they had some problems so are working to resolve these and that it should be working later today.... we'll see!

The issue seems to be a bit more than just a website problem. I posted this on the Roll Call, but will place it here also. I received our Blue Packet for our upcoming cruise. It had numerous errors and omissions on it. I had our TA call O to clarify some of those issues. O admitted to having computer problems and reminded her that we would also receive the email instructions within 21 days of the voyage that should have all the correct info on it. That 21 day period is now just 8 days away, so I hope they get all this worked out soon.

Odd since they are offering a Culinary tour in Funchal you would think there is a Chef onboard

We have been in Funchal several times before and the tours they are organised by a local tour operator. No chef is needed for the culinary tour - aside from the local chef/restaurant people. Culinary tour offered in Madeira is not cooking. It is eating and drinking.

We have been in Funchal several times before and the tours they are organised by a local tour operator. No chef is needed for the culinary tour - aside from the local chef/restaurant people. Culinary tour offered in Madeira is not cooking. It is eating and drinking.

Ok

I was reading the description of the tour offered by Oceania it included cooking but I guess if you you do not want to cook no need for the tour ;)

After lunch, you will return to the ship where the ingredients you purchased at the market will be waiting for your 60-minute hands-on cooking class. You'll review the techniques and dishes you sampled today, and master three traditional dishes, Espetada (meat skewers laced with island bay, grilled Madeira flatbread and Madeira honey cake.

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/exploreashore/default.aspx

Ok

I was reading the description of the tour offered by Oceania it included cooking but I guess if you you do not want to cook no need for the tour ;)

After lunch, you will return to the ship where the ingredients you purchased at the market will be waiting for your 60-minute hands-on cooking class. You'll review the techniques and dishes you sampled today, and master three traditional dishes, Espetada (meat skewers laced with island bay, grilled Madeira flatbread and Madeira honey cake.

I did a tour like this in Helsinki where we spent the morning at the market (and were given some euros by the chef to go out on our own and gather ingredients for savory and sweet crepes). She collected those and then we went to the Helsinki Culinary Institute and broke into teams of 3 and cooked a traditional Finnish dinner from scratch (and then ate it!). Back to the ship, hour off, then into the culinary center where all of our ingredients from the market were laid out up front and we proceed to make tons of crepes over the next hour or so. Really enjoyed that excursion!

Ok

I totally missed that tour description and will look at it again... I have had the Honey cake and didn't like it...but the others sound great!

Well - the reason I missed it is that the site is even more of a mess tonight than it was before... I cannot access the drop down box to get to the different ports, let alone see any excursions... Will add it to my list of things to "try" to get to on the site tomorrow...

FYI - Still broken for me :( Been over 2 months that I have been unable to manage my culinary classes or shore-ex's online. Wonder what is going on?

No problem for me today .. maybe it is your cruise ;)

No problem for me today .. maybe it is your cruise ;)

Could be - it's the very oversold Australia/NZ cruise in about 2 1/2 weeks on Marina.... My other cruises I have booked seem to work just fine. Oh well - I think 4 cooking classes is enough and besides this one particular O shore-ex I wanted, everything else is lined up and ready to go. This time in 2 weeks I'll be somewhere over the pacific en route to Sydney for a month-long adventure, so how can one complain (besides my boss at work)? :D

Still broken as of yesterday for me too!

we are on the TA that sails 1 April from Miami. The link to the culinary classes is broken. You get an error message. And while I can pull up the excursions offered on the cruise by just looking at the general "cruise page" if I go into "Already Booked" and login they amazingly vanish. And I get another error message.

Makes no sense. Oceania should be wanting people ON the cruise to sign up for excursions and cooking classes and as it stands, we cannot. (I took DaisyUK's advice and got my TA to sign me up for the classes I want so at least that is settled.)

And why are the links working for some cruises but not for others?? Their IT department needs to know about this.

Still broken as of yesterday for me too!

we are on the TA that sails 1 April from Miami. The link to the culinary classes is broken. You get an error message. And while I can pull up the excursions offered on the cruise by just looking at the general "cruise page" if I go into "Already Booked" and login they amazingly vanish. And I get another error message.

Makes no sense. Oceania should be wanting people ON the cruise to sign up for excursions and cooking classes and as it stands, we cannot. (I took DaisyUK's advice and got my TA to sign me up for the classes I want so at least that is settled.)

And why are the links working for some cruises but not for others?? Their IT department needs to know about this.

+1 - I'm told their IT department does know about it, but doesn't seem to be doing much to correct the problem. I simply cannot understand why they don't put up some sort of message on their website - seems to me to be the bare minimum they should be doing. It is SO frustrating to have to go through the procedure of trying to book extras in order to find out whether or not this has been fixed.

Greetings Cruise Critic community! I'd like to take the opportunity to introduce myself as the VP of Digital Marketing for Oceania Cruises. We are aware of an issue impacting the ability for some of our guests to add items to your reservation via our website. If you can please call our reservations center at 855.OCEANIA (855.623.2642) for assistance, I'll ask for a little patience on this issue with a promise that by the middle of next week, we will have it working better than ever! We do apologize for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike -- I and I am sure everyone else whose plans are impacted by your IT problems are grateful to know that at least YOU know what we are going through...

Would it be too much to ask that perhaps an e mail from Oceania be sent to people on the cruises concerned once your site is "back to optimum" to let us know? Then (I for one) we can stop logging in daily to try to reserve tours/cooking classes without expensive international phone calls (I live in Switzerland, have a TA in Texas and am at present in the south of France (!!) )

But I have to say I really, really appreciate the fact that you posted some info!

thank you...

• 5 months later...

anyone having problems today.

I am trying to book specialty restaurant but after selecting type of table I am unable to progress any further.

I am on 7 Sept cruise on Riviera and booking opened today so just wondering if anyone else has had same problem.

Thanks

Michael

I am trying to book specialty restaurant but after selecting type of table I am unable to progress any further.

I am on 7 Sept cruise on Riviera and booking opened today so just wondering if anyone else has had same problem.

Thanks

Michael

Yeah, the screen freezes on DeckPlans and is very slow going from site to site. I abandoned all efforts.

Thanks

Michael

Yes. We calLed Oceania and they promised to call me when it is up and running. Will pass this on when I hear from them. Jill

Good morning all. Are you all still experiencing issues? I've tried to replicate a few of the problems you were reporting over night, but everything seems OK as of this morning. Apologies for the aggravation caused by these hiccups last night.

Hi Mike

yes , still have problems as follows

I have option of selecting specialty restaurant bookings.................but irrespective of whether I select "dine alone" or dine with others" the "show results" button is still inactive and thus cannot progress any further.

is there a chance that my specific booking has disabled that.?

Thx

Michael

Hi Mike

yes , still have problems as follows

I have option of selecting specialty restaurant bookings.................but irrespective of whether I select "dine alone" or dine with others" the "show results" button is still inactive and thus cannot progress any further.

is there a chance that my specific booking has disabled that.?

Thx

Michael

Hello Michael (& Mike Moore),

I have exactly the same problem. I had an initial problem some time ago with the Cruise Personalised (Mike helped - thank you!), booked an excursion last night without too much problem but have 'hit the wall' on the same page as you!