Bed arrangement together or apart?

This is off topic but you might want to try a Tempur-Pedic mattress. My DH is very fidgety & once we got the Tempur-Pedic, it's like he's not even there. I can't even feel him getting out of bed when I'm awake & watching him..........

Believe it or not we did try one and I could still feel it so that is why we went with the 2 twins! Looking in our bedroom you'd never know it looks like a king bed.

DW and I seem to prefer them apart. What do you think? I know its subjective and boils down to personal preference. Just curious what others think.

Having them apart:

- Seems to make the stateroom (in an inside cabin anyways) a little bigger.

- I like to get up a lot earlier than DW and head out for a run. When they are separate I tend not to disturb her as much.

- Easier to access some of the items we store under the beds

All of the above do make the cabin seem larger and the under bed storage easier. While it would not normally be our choice, there are some cabins where it would.

LuLu

Do you sleep together or apart at home? That's how I would determine how to make the reservation. DW and I sleep in a king size bed at home so we do the same when on a cruise. I do sometimes get sent to the living room couch at home for snoring but if we were only a few feet apart she would hear me anyway.

Suites or balcony or a larger cabin, we have beds togethers.

occassionally we get rather small Oceanview cabins. Often the beds are together when we arrive, and we then assess the space. sometimes the space is so tight, odds of middle of the night shin bang or toe stub are too high, in which case we will separate the beds. the central walkway seems more serviceable in a tight space, and it is easyier to look out the window, too. It has been years since we have had an inside, but we'd whichever arrangement suited the space better.

After reading some of these comment, I'll be adding Clorox wipes to the packing list :eek:

Beds definitely together. Even if I spill over into the canyon between the matresses, my 6'4" body doesn't fit on a twin.

If inside cabin apart, makes it a lot easier to get in bed. We've both hit our shins on that frame trying to scoot past on the wall side...no good.:mad:

Balcony, together. Plenty of room in those.

All of those who say they sleep apart - do you also sleep apart at home? I know several friends/family who sleep in different bedrooms for various reasons. I would expect those couples to have their beds apart on a cruise too.

But, I'm surprised by anyone who has a common bed at home, who wants beds apart on a cruise.

But, hey.. different strokes for different folks!

We been married (mostly happily :p) for almost 37 years and sleep in a king bed at home. But I agree with Becci. If we have OVs or Insides we have the beds separated and if we have balconies we have them together. If we are in Suites...we are in someone else's cabin just looking so we leave the beds as they were!

We're both practical and know what works best for us in the smaller cabins. And separate beds doesn't mean there will be no romance any more than beds together mean that there will automatically be romance.

This is off topic but you might want to try a Tempur-Pedic mattress. My DH is very fidgety & once we got the Tempur-Pedic, it's like he's not even there. I can't even feel him getting out of bed when I'm awake & watching him..........

We have a king Tempur-Pedic and I agree completely. It's wonderful.

We sleep with the beds together while onboard an RCI ship. :)

Very interesting topic!

I generally cruise with my sister and in balconies or suites so our beds are separated.

We did stay in an inside cabin once and the beds were together at first, and it did make the room feel small. Once they separated, it was much easier to get around - I liked the middle isle - and it was nice to sit on each bed facing each other so we could talk.

In an OV room we had 4 people with bunk beds so they were separated - I will never do that again!

I am happily married for almost 20 years - and honestly we prefer to sleep together, but if we had an inside I could see us separating the beds for reasons stated above. We are still on vacation together, and can still have fun.

I say do what you feel is best for you during your week vacation and enjoy! ;)

~Anna

Edited by Mach1

If we do twins I carry my hat to bed. After we turn in I pitch the hat over to the wife's bed, some times the throws it back and sometimes she brings it back. Notree

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It's nice to see many are longtime mates here - 44 years for us.

We are married 15 years...but I'm starting to see a theme here. It seems that the secret to a long happy marriage isn't the sleeping arrangements but rather the number of cruises during your marriage [emoji7] (taking notes...)

I think we would prefer the beds together but this June will be our first cruise without kids.

-Sean

This topic has been very liberating for me! It is nice to hear happily married couples say this really makes sense! We share a king size bed at home and are not cuddlers when we sleep (before we sleep, sure!). We are pretty much inside(when tuition is due!) or aft balcony people. Every time we stay in an inside, one of us ends up with a bruised shin and we are always waking each other up when making bathroom trips in the night. I have suggested separating the beds but DH always balks! I think I will try the hat trick that notree suggested! Love it! It really does make an inside room much easier to navigate!

Lauri

Edited by lah66