Lanyards

manders175

Where is the best place to get a lanyard to hold my cruise card and money? Is there a need for a waterproof one?

Thanks everyone. :)

The ship sells lanyards in the General Store.

To keep things waterproof, you would need a water wallet, also sold in the General Store.

If you have time, check out Amazon, these items are usually less expensive there.

Many stores - in all price ranges - sell them - office supply stores, Walmart. often see them by the register in uniform stores. Easier than ordering on line as shipping sometimes costs more than the lanyard. I am partial to a Vera Bradley one that I received as a gift, but it is not a water wallet; just a lanyard with a zip pocket.

We use lanyards while on the ship, but not ashore. So we do not have a need to keep cash in the lanyard. If the lanyard is weak enough, it can be pulled and will break easily. If it is stronger, you neck can be seriously injured by someone grabbing it.

The DW likes them, I don't. She tells me that the cloth ones itch. The beaded ones almost always break before the cruise is over (she buys the ones with fine wire inside, maybe monofilament would be better?). Remember to keep them away form all magnets or your card will demagnetize. She wears them ashore and never a problem. Have you ever looked around at how many people are wearing them ashore?

I attend too many conventions, where we call lanyards "Nerd Alerts". About the only thing less attractive than lanyards are stick on name tags. :)

Lanyards are banned on my vacations!! I don't want to stand out as a tourist.

Edited by SantaFeFan

I got my mine at Walmart, which also sells the plastic sleeves (but you can get a package of those at most office supply stores like Office Max). If you have a teen stores like Hot Topic have fun ones. When packing up for a port day, the lanyard goes into my purse, which makes it easy to find for getting scanned in and off the ship. The sleeve will also hold my credit card and driver's license too.