EZ Check Luggage

pusywillow

Is this service available from FLL? What is the earliest your flight can leave? I am looking to make a 11:35 AM flight.

I could not find any current info. Thanks!

Sue

Yes, the service is available. I last sailed in/out of FLL in November and "Walked Off" with my bags; around 7:30am, we had a 1030am flight and had no problem making it.

Brian

Is this service available from FLL? What is the earliest your flight can leave? I am looking to make a 11:35 AM flight.

Sue

I used this service last January in FLL. Not all airlines participate and I don't know how to find out before you board ship. My flight was on Jet Blue and it did not depart FLL until after 3:00 pm. During your cruise you will find instructions delivered to your room that will explain the airlines and time of flight requirements. It is a good program and I feel it is well worth the cost.

You will have to fill out a form and present it with a copy of your flight info.

Sue

The forms posted by Pam in CA show which airlines participate and indicate the earliest flight is at 11:30am.

You might want to check directly with Princess to confirm nothing has changed since your flight is at 11:35.

Forms at this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43619199&postcount=4

As noted in Post #3 - be sure you take a duplicate copy of your flight reservation information as you will need to turn that in with the form. If you qualify for "free" luggage check-in through the airline frequent flyer program you will need proof of that also.

Edited by MarKay525

Yes, the service is available. I last sailed in/out of FLL in November and "Walked Off" with my bags; around 7:30am, we had a 1030am flight and had no problem making it.

Brian

Point of clarification - EZ Check is not walk-off. With EZ Check you put your bags out the night before the cruise ends and don't see them again until you reach your home airport.

The forms posted by Pam in CA show which airlines participate and indicate the earliest flight is at 11:30am.

You might want to check directly with Princess to confirm nothing has changed since your flight is at 11:35.

Forms at this post:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43619199&postcount=4

As noted in Post #3 - be sure you take a duplicate copy of your flight reservation information as you will need to turn that in with the form. If you qualify for "free" luggage check-in through the airline frequent flyer program you will need proof of that also.

Thanks. Cost is $20/pp plus any airline baggage fee. Edited by Pam in CA

Sue

It has to be after 11:30 to use EZ-check out of FLL, and then it has to be on a participating airline. If you have connecting flights, your connection also has to be participating.

Disembarkation documents are in my dropbox link at

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/aro30adn2miobdk/AACarmmu7AF7Mre59dYrGYxSa?dl=0

It shows the first flights at 11:30 for EZ.

What sort of proof is required so that I won't be charged for checking our luggage. I have a US Airways Mastercard, and, one of the bennies is 1st bag is free per passenger.

BTW -- I've used this service many times in the past and it is well worth the hassle free day.

No documentation has been required the last 4-5 times we have used this service.

There is a block to check on the form if you are exempt from baggage service fees by being a Medallion member, flying First Class, etc.

Mike:)

Another benefit, at least on Celebrity, is that luggage weight restrictions are waived. Saved us way more than the $20 per person.

This is true for Princess as well. We took advantage of it in November of 2014.

Our flight is at 11:25 am. I'm hoping that we will still be able to use EZ check!!

Cheers, Denise

I hope you are able to so it because on our recent Regal cruise I asked about my Mom and Sister's situation. Their flight was 11:20am and the passenger service folks said NO, 11:30am was the earliest for the continental US flights. btw, I asked more than one person and on more than one day. It appears that they are pretty firm on the times for EZ check, at least on the Regal.

Another benefit, at least on Celebrity, is that luggage weight restrictions are waived. Saved us way more than the $20 per person.

I believe that I read that on the Princess EZ check documents as well. It only worked if you purchased on board the ship. Not sure how else you would do it (lol :cool:). Sorry, I did not think to get an extra copy of the EZ check form to post after the cruise.

Edited by ar1950

We used EZ check from FLL in November, and it was well worth the $20pp cost. The earliest flight is 11:30 as has already been mentioned. They will give you the form on board to fill out, and we signed up right away. The process was flawless, and it was wonderful to just have our hand luggage to carry through the terminal and at the airport. I always use EZ check when it's available.

I hope you are able to so it because on our recent Regal cruise I asked about my Mom and Sister's situation. Their flight was 11:20am and the passenger service folks said NO, 11:30am was the earliest for the continental US flights. btw, I asked more than one person and on more than one day. It appears that they are pretty firm on the times for EZ check, at least on the Regal.

Thanks for the info. We will be on the Royal. EZ check would have made life a little easier for DH who is now walking with a cane. I'll still ask, you never know we might get lucky. :D:eek:

Cheers, Denise

Let me know if i understand the ez check in correctly.

Jet blue is one of the airlines that participate and we are flying out

of boston, ma. So we get the proper paperwork while we are on the

ship and your saying that if we pay $20.00pp they will not charge us

for large bags (29in.) or bags that weight over limit. They take our

bags and send them directly to the airport that morning we are

leaving and we don't see them again. And when were are getting to

the airport for home we don't have to check in and our bags will

arrive back in boston, ma. That same day.

So sorry for the long message.

Thank again cruise critic.

Let me know if i understand the ez check in correctly.

Jet blue is one of the airlines that participate and we are flying out

of boston, ma. So we get the proper paperwork while we are on the

ship and your saying that if we pay $20.00pp they will not charge us

for large bags (29in.) or bags that weight over limit. They take our

bags and send them directly to the airport that morning we are

leaving and we don't see them again. And when were are getting to

the airport for home we don't have to check in and our bags will

arrive back in boston, ma. That same day.

So sorry for the long message.

Thank again cruise critic.

And you get your printed boarding passes.

Not sure about the free bags over the size limit; when we used it with Jet Blue our bags were not over the limit.

For the most part correct…

You will incur any fees for baggage that the airline normally charges…

So based on the PDF above a few posts, for jet blue the first bag would be free, the second 40 dollars (plus the 20 dollars service fee for princess)

I cannot comment on the weight as I do not have experience with this.

The night before you leave the ship you will receive your boarding passes as well as special luggage tags that you apply to the bags you want taken to the airport. They will take them that night and they will arrive at your final destination.

In the past this has worked out great for us… no need to lug around any luggage, no need to stand in line at the airport to check your bags… worth it to us!

I don't believe it's available in Houston. :(

Be prepared. Bring a copy of your airline e-ticket to hand in with your completed form. I mark in big bold red that no baggage fees apply and circle anything on the eTicket that I want to make sure they see. Make it as easy as possible for the Pursar's Desk to process your form. Many don't know anything about airline baggage fees or airline FF/VIP programs. Never assume that they'll figure it out. It'll save you a lot of grief since it's hard to correct a mistake. I take a photo of my completed form just in case there are any questions or there are problems. I've never had one but others have.

:) Pam