Transatlantic on the Nieuw Amsterdam

crystalspin

@take us away -- thanks for your answer -- we slept on it and decided we'd do as you recommended: choosing and booking an inside over the solid-balcony verandah. The difference in price (~$85/day or ~$2300) will make an abundant "allowance" (mentally) to indulge in many things!

Silly me I was so excited I included the company we booked with in my query to the forum. I wasn't thinking of it breaking the TA rule, since it wasn't a PERSON, you know? So the original question and take_us_away's answer are deleted.

So -- Hurray! -- DH got the vacation time for the 26-day TA+western Mediterranean up to Venice. Our first transAtlantic and the longest cruise for us by almost double! Almost a month! I guess we'll be really settled in by the time we get to Europe!

I have no questions at this time, off to chat-up the Roll Call. Thanks again take_us_away!:D

@take us away -- thanks for your answer -- we slept on it and decided we'd do as you recommended: choosing and booking an inside over the solid-balcony verandah. The difference in price (~$85/day or ~$2300) will make an abundant "allowance" (mentally) to indulge in many things!

Silly me I was so excited I included the company we booked with in my query to the forum. I wasn't thinking of it breaking the TA rule, since it wasn't a PERSON, you know? So the original question and take_us_away's answer are deleted.

So -- Hurray! -- DH got the vacation time for the 26-day TA+western Mediterranean up to Venice. Our first transAtlantic and the longest cruise for us by almost double! Almost a month! I guess we'll be really settled in by the time we get to Europe!

I have no questions at this time, off to chat-up the Roll Call. Thanks again take_us_away!:D

Our first Transatlantic was on the Nieuw Amsterdam in 2011, a 27-day voyage also ending in Venice. To date it's still the most memorable vacation we've taken (although our Canadian Rockies/Alaska cruisetour is a close second). I hope you enjoy it as much as we did.

Bob

Congratulations on booking! You will love this cruise.

Our first TA was Rio to Athens on the Rotterdam, 29 days of great fun!! Loved the Med ports, first time to any of them - such a time of discovery!! Although we had done much longer cruises at that time including a couple of TransPacifics, the TA was a great experience!

Hope you have a super cruise and tell us all about it!!

@ Krazy Kruizers

Yes I just saw that thread. We are on the west to east relocation, sailing 8th of April, disembarking in Venice on 4th May. Looks like the changes/cancellations are in the fall, as yet. At least, HAL has my husband's e-mail and he hasn't forwarded me anything today!

Well, we haven't got ALL our plans made and so not too emotionally tied to this cruise yet. (Really still a bit nervous -- almost a month away!) I was just looking at the first couple ports' offered excursions...